JUST OFF THE EQUINOX - 12/21 HOLIDAY CRUISE pt 3

redwings1958

11. BARS;  The Martini Bar on deck 4 is an absolute must;  At 4pm they do a show where they stack martini glasses and make approx 60 martinis.  The pool bar was always busy at sea days. Never made it to Craft social but during NFL game days it was packed.  SLUSH unfortunately didn't open up until Thursday for some reason.

12. CRUISE STAFF - OUTSTANDING!!!  Dan the CD and Kelli the AM were always personable and even though their jokes were corny, they always managed to keep us informed on their morning show on CH5;  Velli was a HOOT trying to pronounce some of the words at trivia, and Kate was a master of the Audio Trivia games;  Capt. Thasos was approachable and funny and would answer any questions presented to him.  Guest relations took care of issues promptly and efficiently[ DD's sea pass card as well as the clogged toilet issue].

13. ONBOARD SHOPS - Typical of a cruise ship with two levels of shopping. Cruise wear, watches, jewelry perfume as well as sundries and souvenirs;  Waited until the last day when they have the clearance sale and every ting is 50-70% discounted.

14. CABINS - We had an outside cabin midship deck 3.  Ample storage space and hangars, Showers use bulk dispensers and you get one facial soap bar, which lasts and lasts all week.  Thermostat was top notch as our cabin was always cool and comfortable.  Nightly Dark chocolate squares during turndown service (NO FREAKIN TOWEL ANIMALS thank god).  In room safe and a nice 40" HDTV on a swivel. Another plus was the automatic night light in the bathroom when all the lights are out as well as an illuminated bathroom light switch

15. DAILIES - see attached [sorry somehow lost Wednesday]

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1343.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Deck 4 by the forward elevators, starboard side

image.thumb.png.95ed4d725a745e725f9abf6aa9aefade.png

Thanks.. we missed that...spent alot of time in Quasar.  I liked the small movie venues... possibly on M Class?   They  were also off to the side and they used to give out free popcorn from the popcorn machine!

10 hours ago, redwings1958 said:

SLUSH unfortunately didn't open up until Thursday for some reason

I've heard this on a few of the reviews and admittedly is a bit disappointing. The better half and I are have seen the drink menu for Slush and want to take full advantage of all it has to offer.

4 hours ago, Weenah said:

I've heard this on a few of the reviews and admittedly is a bit disappointing. The better half and I are have seen the drink menu for Slush and want to take full advantage of all it has to offer.

Personally, I thought it was overrated.  I tried 4 of the drinks and didn't finish any.  The Mint Chocolate Chip was the best of what I tried.

Try ordering a frozen Toasted Almond.  It's on the order of a Pina Colada with an almond twist.  It is covered on the classic package.