Cruise Critic Community
riffatsea

EZ Air-How far in advance did you book??

Just wondering how far in advance flights show up for booking on EZ Air??

I know you can do flexible bookings but just wondering when the flights actually appear.

Thinking of 2021 cruises

36 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I know you can do flexible bookings but just wondering when the flights actually appear.

Thinking of 2021 cruises

I have a booking that is 489 days to departure. If I click on travel in the Personalizer I will get the following message:

Flights are not yet available for your voyage. Please check back when flights become available approximately 330 days in advance of your cruise/cruisetour end date.

The key words are "cruise/cruisetour end date."

Edited by billco

Airlines typically have flights available 330 days prior. EZAir maybe 300 days. Can be different by airlines.

I book the day the flights are released...330 days from your return flight.  That gives you lots of time to keep an eye on prices and modify your flight if the prices go down.  

Note that your flights will be available 330 days from your return flight not your going to flight.

1 minute ago, suekel said:

I book the day the flights are released...330 days from your return flight.  That gives you lots of time to keep an eye on prices and modify your flight if the prices go down.  

Same.  And lots of times the prices go up.  I like nonstop flights and we are offered a lot of those since we fly from Atlanta.

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Same.  And lots of times the prices go up.  I like nonstop flights and we are offered a lot of those since we fly from Atlanta.

We booked on Christmas Day for next November....Price went up $100 overnight.  Then up another $10.  Then down by $12. 

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Thinking of 2021 cruises

We book ASAP then keep watching and reprice when necessary.

We booked them the day they were available and we are very glad we did.  The price has gone up but never lower than what we paid on that first day.  I am doing almost daily checks but at this point, I don't expect them to go down.  

I finally decided to give EZair a shot (after seeing this thread). Easy, peasy and saved $400 over the current prices on American's website. I was able to book 1st class and choose 'our' seats. 308 days out. 

I usually book within 2 weeks of the new flights being released.  IME, the lowest fares for my itineraries have been in the very, very early stages.  I've watched numerous flights increase in price over the following months and once in a blue moon, they go down but it's rare for our particular routes.

We book as early as possible when the fares first appear.  Then we check the prices as we get nearer to the Princess 45 day change date for a cheaper opportunity or better flights/connections.  Usually the first booking is the cheapest however in our experience. 

We also book the first day flights are available.  Best choice of seats and many times the lowest price we see.  But I keep checking just in case.  

If you have flights in mind on a specific airline, you can check the airline website.  When the roundtrip appears there it's usually within a couple of days before they will appear on EZAir.  The 330 days cited is the usual airline standard but there can be a lag before EZAir opens up.  And as others have said, I book then rebook as fares come down.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, suekel said:

We do the same.  Book the day flights become available then refare if the opportunity arises..