Cruise Critic Community
emckeeve

Parking Garage at Port Everglades

Does the parking garage at the Holland America terminal ever fill up?  Is it an easy walk to the ship from there?

Terminals can change, but when we sailed in April, the garage was right across the street from terminal 26, about as easy as it gets. 

We arrive about 10:30 or 11 and there are always plenty of open spaces, but of course it could conceivably fill up. My guess is that it is busier for 7-10 day cruises, logically, since it would get pricey to leave a car there for a long one like a transatlantic.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We arrive about 10:30 or 11 and there are always plenty of open spaces, but of course it could conceivably fill up. My guess is that it is busier for 7-10 day cruises, logically, since it would get pricey to leave a car there for a long one like a transatlantic.

For a TA you'd be better off parking at a cheap airport facility and let them drive you to the terminal. And they'll pick you up when you fly in and take you to your car. Otherwise you'd need to get to the cruise garage from the airport. which you would have to pay for yourself.

Edited by MisterBill99

7 hours ago, emckeeve said:

Does the parking garage at the Holland America terminal ever fill up?  Is it an easy walk to the ship from there?

If you show up too early debarking passengers may not have vacated spaces. I wouldn't show up before 10:00 at the earliest. On 1/2 the K-dam will be at pier 26, right across the street from the garage.  There will be large RCI ships disembarking passengers from short (3 and 5 day) cruises at piers 18 and 19, so there should be a lot of spaces opening up.

You might also consider off-port parking, which is much about half the price of the garage if you pre-book.  We have used Park-N-Go a couple of times and have been happy with them. Not long waits for the shuttle.

1643295173_PortEvergladesmap.jpg.edbb52a14822e3c56b0ba0c44c1d3051.jpg

Edited by catl331

6 hours ago, emckeeve said:

Driving down on January 15th. Don't expect the lot to be full when we arrive around 10:45.  This will be our third time driving from Tampa and plenty of parking spaces previously.  Pull up to the terminal and check bags with the porters, park car across the street and short walk back to terminal.  Easy peasy. 

5 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

park car across the street

On 1/15 both the Eurodam and Veendam will be there, so one of those ships won't be "across the street". 🙂

6 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

or a TA you'd be better off parking at a cheap airport facility and let them drive you to the terminal. And they'll pick you up when you fly in and take you to your car. Otherwise you'd need to get to the cruise garage from the airport. which you would have to pay for yourself.

Thanks Bill.  But we're not flying.  We're driving down from Vero Beach that morning.

52 minutes ago, catl331 said:

On 1/15 both the Eurodam and Veendam will be there, so one of those ships won't be "across the street". 🙂

Looks like 3 ships in port on January 15th.  Any ideas where each may be berthed?

1458210720_ftlauderdaleJan152020.PNG.5705cc2eb2b4f83ab61254f07c8cef2a.PNG

We park at the garage on all our HAL and Celebrity cruises, we usually arrive about 10:30 and have always found a space on level 2 or 3. At one time they allowed parking on level 1 but not anymore. The big problem is getting out of the garage on dis-embarkation day, we always do the early walkoff otherwise it's a mess going through the gate where you pay. 

Edited by MISTER 67

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

The big problem is getting out of the garage on dis-embarkation day, we always do the early walkoff otherwise it's a mess going through the gate where you pay. 

Agree, home by noon.

5 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

Agree, home by noon.

We live in Sebring, home by 10:30.

Edited by MISTER 67

1 hour ago, I like vacation said:

Driving down on January 15th. Don't expect the lot to be full when we arrive around 10:45.  This will be our third time driving from Tampa and plenty of parking spaces previously.  Pull up to the terminal and check bags with the porters, park car across the street and short walk back to terminal.  Easy peasy. 

Even better, use the valet parking.  Not even a short walk and no delay getting  your car after the cruise.

42 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

Looks like 3 ships in port on January 15th.  Any ideas where each may be berthed?

Not yet, but go to https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/  7 days before and it will tell you. (When you click that link it will take a couple of seconds to populate the table.) Down in the lower right corner click Next or Last and scroll down to get to your date.

Edited by catl331

5 hours ago, emckeeve said:

Thanks Bill.  But we're not flying.  We're driving down from Vero Beach that morning.

Yes but the person I was replying to had mentioned a transatlantic, in which case you would need to fly back and get your car.

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Even better, use the valet parking.  Not even a short walk and no delay getting  your car after the cruise.

How much extra does it cost?

9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

How much extra does it cost?

About five dollars a day.

http://tampacruiseparking.carparkusa.com/cruise_parking.html#valet

Valet parking is $125 for a seven day cruise.

Self parking is $105 for a seven day cruise.

Difference is $20, or about the price of two drinks.

Edited by RocketMan275

49 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

About five dollars a day.

http://tampacruiseparking.carparkusa.com/cruise_parking.html#valet

Valet parking is $125 for a seven day cruise.

Self parking is $105 for a seven day cruise.

Difference is $20, or about the price of two drinks.

That's for Tampa. Is Port Everglades the same price?

On 12/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, I like vacation said:

1458210720_ftlauderdaleJan152020.PNG.5705cc2eb2b4f83ab61254f07c8cef2a.PNG

Just checked the Port schedule and the Eurodam will be at Terminal 26 while the Veendam will be at Terminal 21.  Looks to be about the same amount of walking from the garage. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, emckeeve said:

We drive down from Port St. Lucie and always park at the Parkngo...www.bookparkngo.com.  If you book online and prepay you will get a discount.  They have a lot of shuttle buses so there is usually a bus waiting when you disembark.  When you get off I-95 just head towards the port.  First light is Eller.  Make a left and the parking is right there.  Very, very easy.

Helen

On 12/30/2019 at 4:37 PM, catl331 said:

That depends.  HALs most common terminals are 19, 21 and 26.  All are right across the street from the mid port garage. Scroll up and look at the map 

2 hours ago, Hobbsey said:

All are right across the street from the mid port garage. Scroll up and look at the map 

I POSTED the map. Only 26 is across the street.

Edited by catl331

I use Global Airport Parking all of the time.

https://www.globalairportparking.com/

Mostly they serve airports, but In Ft. Lauderdale they also serve the cruise port.

Here is how they work. You reserve parking online with Global where you will choose one of their hotels that operates shuttles. You park at the hotel and use the hotel's shuttle to get to the airport or cruise port and return.

I have never used it for a cruise port, but it is a very good deal for airports, because of the high price it cost to park at a airport.

The price varies with the choice of the hotel, and whether it is covered or uncovered parking.

The list of hotels in Ft. Lauderdale includes some that do not go to the cruise port, so be careful which one you choose.

Edited by Tom O.