Let’s talk Carnival excursion price matches

Saint Greg

I have had success with price matching the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins Tour out of Progresso. I wanted to book through Carnival because it is such a far drive, I wanted to make sure that I did not miss the ship coming back. Note, we got back at 4:15pm and the ship was scheduled to leave at 4:30pm.

Carnival for $89.99: https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/yucatan-progreso/chichen-itza-mayan-ruins-tour-320002

Price Match for $61.99: https://shoreexcursioneer.com/progreso/chichen-itza-mayan-ruins.html

I got an approval email 3 days after submitting for the price match. Ended up with $30.80 obc for each person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I have had success with price matching the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins Tour out of Progresso. I wanted to book through Carnival because it is such a far drive, I wanted to make sure that I did not miss the ship coming back. Note, we got back at 4:15pm and the ship was scheduled to leave at 4:30pm.

Carnival for $89.99: https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/yucatan-progreso/chichen-itza-mayan-ruins-tour-320002

Price Match for $61.99: https://shoreexcursioneer.com/progreso/chichen-itza-mayan-ruins.html

I got an approval email 3 days after submitting for the price match. Ended up with $30.80 obc for each person.

That’s a really good one.

22 minutes ago, dogtaur said:

That would be a big one. Let us know the result.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, medi130 said:

Yes Bahacca I've done the cave tubing and zip lining in Belize. Really was a great experience. I recommend it highly. Don't forget to try the four legged chicken very tasty.  

I meant if anyone has price matched. I found one cheaper, but now I want just the tubing and cannot find one that is the same length. All of them are shorter duration.

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That would be a big one. Let us know the result.

Yes, that would be interesting as the 110% OBC would basically mean the poster would be getting the excursion at 1/2 price. Do they really match?

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, that would be interesting as the 110% OBC would basically mean the poster would be getting the excursion at 1/2 price. Do they really match?

Same situation here that I'm waiting on. Price matching $69 to $35. See my earlier post. The excursions look identical but so far the response I got was that they are reviewing it further. That was 4 days ago. Haven't heard back.

We got a price match for the Xunantunich ruins tour in Belize this past march.  I don't remember what site I used and it was not an exact match. The tour lengths were different.   So I was not expecting to get approved.  But figure it was worth a shot to save $100 for four of us.  I didn't want to use an outside company since it was a 2 hour bus ride.   

On 1/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, webzila said:

Maybe they deducted for difference?

Carnival excursion says 7-8 hrs. The other one is 5-6. Was there an explanation?

My first request I got 110% price match.

Today, I got a response about my 2nd excursion price match. They are saying " We wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that we have submitted your request for additional review as the excursions do not match exactly.  We will do a bit of additional research and let you know if we can approve the claim within a few days."

To me it looks identical, maybe I am missing something?

Carnival: $69.99

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/shoreex/electric-bike-mazatlan-downtown-ocean-boardwalk-306058

Independent: $35

https://www.mazatlanvantours.com/tour/smart-bike-tour

Update:

My request got approved. I got $38.49 per person OBC.

• Like 5

On 1/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, Saint Greg said:

Yes, that is what they matched. The only difference between the 2 is one serves lunch, the other breakfast. I am only getting about $7.70 back but I bought the Carnival excursion with the 10% off Black Friday promo so I would get less.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, Saint Greg said:

I’m interested to know which carnival excursions you’ve successfully price matched and which excursion you’ve price matched them with. 

I’ll start

Lamanai Ruins in Belize last year

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/lamanai-mayan-ruins--river-boat-safari-with-lunch-509098

Carnival price: 124.99 (looks like they’ve lowered it 10 dollars since then)

partially price matched with this excursion and $32.99 OBC was issued.

https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins/

I tried to price match for this one, but was denied. I still think it was worth a try, but thought I'd share.

image.png.f3f858cc2a92159b021e2a3fa5d24671.png

57 minutes ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I tried to price match for this one, but was denied. I still think it was worth a try, but thought I'd share.

image.png.f3f858cc2a92159b021e2a3fa5d24671.png

That’s why they gave me a partial match. I remember the year leading up to my cruise in the Belize forum some people were getting full matches, some partial, and some denied and it depended on who handled your request. I wonder if that’s still happening or if they’re denying everyone now. Here’s my email.

816599F9-2A00-478C-A53E-7096CC9A4558.jpeg

2 hours ago, rukkian said:

That is a very good explanation on their part.

I thought so, I was already happy with my purchase - given the duration and distance from the port of the excursion, I wanted to use a shop's tour anyway, I just figure it was worth a few minutes of my time to see if I would qualify for the credit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I thought so, I was already happy with my purchase - given the duration and distance from the port of the excursion, I wanted to use a shop's tour anyway, I just figure it was worth a few minutes of my time to see if I would qualify for the credit.

I think it's double worth it to have this excursion through carnival. Not only due to the length, but also so you don't have to worry about fighting for an early water shuttle. You can relax in the lounge until they call you. Climbing the High Temple is one of the favorite things I've done on an excursion.

305FF97B-BBAC-4314-B51D-1B281A9CF058.thu

8754CEB8-CD5F-476C-8573-83904485E22A.thu

Full review here:

https://saintgregtravel.com/a-christmas-dream-belize/

We've climbed one of the temples at Uxmal a couple times, but this looks a little higher (plus if your guide at Uxmal takes you in from the side you can start half-way up). We're really looking forward to this excursion, it's one of the primary reasons that we booked this trip.

1 hour ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

We've climbed one of the temples at Uxmal a couple times, but this looks a little higher (plus if your guide at Uxmal takes you in from the side you can start half-way up). We're really looking forward to this excursion, it's one of the primary reasons that we booked this trip.

There’s no starting halfway up on this one but they do have stairs around back that take you most of the way then the last couple levels you do around front.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think it's double worth it to have this excursion through carnival. Not only due to the length, but also so you don't have to worry about fighting for an early water shuttle. You can relax in the lounge until they call you. Climbing the High Temple is one of the favorite things I've done on an excursion.

305FF97B-BBAC-4314-B51D-1B281A9CF058.thu

8754CEB8-CD5F-476C-8573-83904485E22A.thu

Full review here:

https://saintgregtravel.com/a-christmas-dream-belize/

Got my match... $22/person in credit!

Thanks!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nedac said:

Got my match... $22/person in credit!

Thanks!

Really? This is interesting because@Mutumbojimbo just got turned down. Maybe it still depends on who processes your request. $22 sounds right because mine was $32 and it looks like they lowered the price $10 since then.

Edited by Saint Greg

48 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Really? This is interesting because@Mutumbojimbo just got turned down. Maybe it still depends on who processes your request. $22 sounds right because mine was $32 and it looks like they lowered the price $10 since then.

Wondering if that is a 1 person department.

All responses I got were from Scott

13 minutes ago, webzila said:

Wondering if that is a 1 person department.

All responses I got were from Scott

The response I received was from Scott too.  I’m not going to re-submit. I’d hate to ruin this for everyone else by trying to get $22 OBC and making Scott mad. 🤣

• Haha 1