Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Saint Greg

Let’s talk Carnival excursion price matches

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

The response I received was from Scott too.  I’m not going to re-submit. I’d hate to ruin this for everyone else by trying to get $22 OBC and making Scott mad. 🤣

Well, I didn’t realize I needed to do it for both my staterooms so I had to submit again, per their instructions  🤷🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:


Really? This is interesting because@Mutumbojimbo just got turned down. Maybe it still depends on who processes your request. $22 sounds right because mine was $32 and it looks like they lowered the price $10 since then.


 

 

I just remembered that I booked with a 10% off code, maybe that factored in to the decision too. Regardless, best of luck to others in their price-match efforts!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, dogtaur said:

 

Well, my claim was denied: 

 

 

Response By Email (01/14/2020 03:26 PM)
Hello Jennifer,
 
Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.
 
We regret to inform you that your claim was not accepted because the tour submitted was not similar to the tour on our program.
 
Specifically, the provided tour does not include transportation from the cruise port to the ferry pier or back.
 
Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Line. We are confident our Shore Excursions offer the most inclusions and the best overall value.
 
 
Scott
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dogtaur said:

 

Well, my claim was denied: 

 

 

Response By Email (01/14/2020 03:26 PM)
Hello Jennifer,
 
Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.
 
We regret to inform you that your claim was not accepted because the tour submitted was not similar to the tour on our program.
 
Specifically, the provided tour does not include transportation from the cruise port to the ferry pier or back.
 
Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Line. We are confident our Shore Excursions offer the most inclusions and the best overall value.
 
 
Scott
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

 

You can try again and match to this instead which mentions transportation. It's a $10 difference vs Carnival

 

https://www.amstardmc.com/excursions/excursion-details.21.4754.luxury-sailing-and-snorkeling/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all! I also just submitted my request for a price match. We are doing the Altun Ha with lunch excursion. It’s our first cruise ever, and we REALLY wanted to go to Lamanai, but it wasn’t in the cards this time. But ruins are ruins to me since I’ve not yet been to any. I saw this thread a few days ago, and decided to try my hand at getting an OBC to pad my S&S account at embarkation. Here’s what I found thanks to you guys and the Cruise Critic website...

 

Carnival: $69.99

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/altun-ha-mayan-ruins-with-lunch-509048


Viator: $49.99

https://www.viator.com/tours/Belize-City/Altun-Ha-Pyramids/d5094-42577P29
 

The duration is identical, and there is transportation on both, but the carnival one offers lunch, and the other offers rainforest views and bird watching. I tried to argue that the cultural and experience differences of the Viator trip made up more than enough in price for a meal. I’ve heard differing views on the lunch in the reviews anyway...sooo fingers crossed! 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmb5081 said:

Hoping for something like approx $22 per person I think...right? 🤔


Sounds right. Hope you get it. I’ve done Lamanai and will want to do a different set of ruins if I return to Belize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:


Sounds right. Hope you get it. I’ve done Lamanai and will want to do a different set of ruins if I return to Belize.

Thanks! I’m hoping we will go back again one day maybe with the kids and do Lamanai or Xunantunich. Both through Carnival because of transportation times. They both look amazing. If I ever fly into Belize I’d like to do the ruins near the Guatemalan border. They start with a C, but I can’t think of the full name at this very moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jmb5081 said:

Hoping for something like approx $22 per person I think...right? 🤔

It would be $22 if they match it since that is $20 + 10%. I'll wish you luck, but I do not think they will match it because of the lack of lunch on the private excursion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It would be $22 if they match it since that is $20 + 10%. I'll wish you luck, but I do not think they will match it because of the lack of lunch on the private excursion.

I’m concerned about the same denial reason. But I read a few that were able to get approvals without a meal included. It wasn’t something I had planned to do when I originally decided to book the excursion, but I figured why not. I don’t feel like I’m losing out even if I get a denial. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, ABQrobin said:

I have price matched several times, never been turned down.  

Have you ever had one that had a meal and the comparison that you found didn’t have a meal? That’s my only thought as to why mine could potentially be denied. I’m still waiting to hear back, but thought I’d ask around. Thanks! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, purplephenom said:

I’ve done a few in St Kitts, Belize and Cozumel. My first attempt is to find the excursion provider. If I can’t do that, I find something very close but better, and explain why the other excursion is better for the same price. I’ve only had 1 or 2 denials doing it this way, but I figure nothing ventured nothing gained. 

I used your advice when I filled out my price match request. The one I booked has a meal included. While the competitor has rainforest and bird watching included, but no meal. I figure the experience of the other two matches or outweighs the meal, and that’s why I tried to argue. I’m hoping it gets approved. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 4:13 AM, webzila said:

 

You can try again and match to this instead which mentions transportation. It's a $10 difference vs Carnival

 

https://www.amstardmc.com/excursions/excursion-details.21.4754.luxury-sailing-and-snorkeling/

 

Denied again! But it was worth a try! 🙂 

 

 

Message History
Response By Email (01/19/2020 06:06 PM)
Hello Jennifer, 
 
Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We regret to inform you that your claim was not accepted because the tour submitted was not similar to the tour on our program.

Specifically, the provided tour departs from mainland locations like Playa del Carmen and Cancun, not the island of Cozumel.

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Line. We are confident our Shore Excursions offer the most inclusions and the best overall value.
 
 
Scott
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 5:10 PM, new_cruiser_75 said:

So... I was denied (and I think they might be playing hard ball).  They said "Specifically, the provided tour does not visit the same location as our tour and is 30 minutes shorter".  I have the Canopy Adventure tour booked in Mazatlan and priced matched it with Zip Line Adventures though Mazatlantours dot org who even say "Compare to your ship's "Huana Coa Canopy" Excursion!"

 

Hmmm... I'll contact the local tour company and see about confirming where it's located, but it seems pretty similar to me.  Your thoughts?  Thanks for your help

There are two companies that do zip lining in Mazatlan.  It sounds like you were comparing the trips with different companies.  That is probably why you were denied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 9:45 PM, jmb5081 said:

Hello all! I also just submitted my request for a price match. We are doing the Altun Ha with lunch excursion. It’s our first cruise ever, and we REALLY wanted to go to Lamanai, but it wasn’t in the cards this time. But ruins are ruins to me since I’ve not yet been to any. I saw this thread a few days ago, and decided to try my hand at getting an OBC to pad my S&S account at embarkation. Here’s what I found thanks to you guys and the Cruise Critic website...

 

Carnival: $69.99

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/altun-ha-mayan-ruins-with-lunch-509048


Viator: $49.99

https://www.viator.com/tours/Belize-City/Altun-Ha-Pyramids/d5094-42577P29
 

The duration is identical, and there is transportation on both, but the carnival one offers lunch, and the other offers rainforest views and bird watching. I tried to argue that the cultural and experience differences of the Viator trip made up more than enough in price for a meal. I’ve heard differing views on the lunch in the reviews anyway...sooo fingers crossed! 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

So I received a reply to my request earlier today asking where I’m seeing the $49.99 price because they don’t see it. When I went to the viator site above it looks like the price hiked. So unless it drops by the time I respond them I’m SOL...😕😕😕

Has this ever happened to anyone while trying to get the price guarantee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jmb5081 said:

So I received a reply to my request earlier today asking where I’m seeing the $49.99 price because they don’t see it. When I went to the viator site above it looks like the price hiked. So unless it drops by the time I respond them I’m SOL...😕😕😕

Has this ever happened to anyone while trying to get the price guarantee?

In the meantime I found another site that was the same price as the original, but identical to the carnival excursion 

 

https://www.discoverbelize.bz/tours/altun-ha-maya-ruins/

 

I’m hoping they will accept this for me. I don’t know if I will need to fill out another form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.... never booked an excursion before (noob) so I'm just getting this straight.... to  do this, I would need to actually book a ship excursion first (and pay for it,correct?) and then try to price match it,using the form. If I decide not to take the excursion, I have till a week before cruise to cancel,with no penalty? Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update... I was approved for the match on my second Lamanai  reservation... also, $22 credit per person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nedac said:

Just an update... I was approved for the match on my second Lamanai  reservation... also, $22 credit per person.

Glad to hear it. And Lamanai is a great site to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hsmama said:

Hi.... never booked an excursion before (noob) so I'm just getting this straight.... to  do this, I would need to actually book a ship excursion first (and pay for it,correct?) and then try to price match it,using the form. If I decide not to take the excursion, I have till a week before cruise to cancel,with no penalty? Thanks...

Hey! I’m a noob to this too, but here’s what I’ve learned so far...

You definitely have to book and pay for the excursion through carnival FIRST. Then there’s a form on their website (someone linked it in one of the previous posts) that you fill out with the comparable excursion information. Within a few days someone will get back to you approving or denying your request, or they may ask for additional information or even tell you they’re looking into it further. You have to do this 7 or more days before the EMBARKATION date of  your cruise (I thought it was 7 days before your excursion. I almost missed out my my price match). I don’t know the part about canceling your excursion and the timeframe to do so without penalty though. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help there. But I hope the rest was enough to get what you need. Good luck! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 7:32 AM, jmb5081 said:

 

Edited by jmb5081
Quoted the wrong response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 6:48 AM, ontheweb said:

It would be $22 if they match it since that is $20 + 10%. I'll wish you luck, but I do not think they will match it because of the lack of lunch on the private excursion.

Good news! I was approved! However, if you saw what I had added above I almost had a snafu with it. Scott emailed me the other day asking about the $49.99 price I saw because it didn’t match what he was seeing online. When I went back to the website the price had gone up to $69.99 which was the same amount as Carnival. I let him know my suspicions, but also told him that I had found an identical trip elsewhere, and asked if it could be considered. I got the response back that we will be getting $21.99 each in OBC. I’m so happy! First time cruising and first attempt at a price match. Thank you all for your advice and tips! 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting this.  This is our 2nd Carnival cruise (4th cruise overall). We are traveling with a bunch of newbies on our next tone...and they all want to do Carnival excursions (we have always done independent tours).   Now if I book (and get approved) excursions for my kids and grandkids who are in different rooms...do I get the OBC or do they?

 

Thanks for your time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, richbum said:

Thank you for posting this.  This is our 2nd Carnival cruise (4th cruise overall). We are traveling with a bunch of newbies on our next tone...and they all want to do Carnival excursions (we have always done independent tours).   Now if I book (and get approved) excursions for my kids and grandkids who are in different rooms...do I get the OBC or do they?

 

Thanks for your time!

 

Hey there! Just a reminder that I’m a total noob to this whole cruising thing...my first one starts this Saturday...😃😄😆

Anywho...I noticed that when I filled out the price match form they asked for the booking number. I don’t know if each stateroom has a different booking number, but it seems like that is how they assign the onboard credit. Hopefully someone more experienced here will be able to clarify this for you more, but I’m hoping that maybe it will help if you have different booking numbers for each room.
I hear some of the independent excursions are really great. My only fear is being left behind because that just sounds like my luck. Lol

This was how I decided to make up the difference. I hope it all works out for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...