I wish RCL would stop harassing us during dinner!

sandycruzr

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The short cruises tend to be party cruises and a bit boisterous but longer 7 night plus cruises are more relaxed.

You can request tables for 2 in the restaurants and the speciality restaurants are quiet and intimate.

There are plenty of places on board where you can have a quiet time together.

It's nice that you also have a group of friends you can cruise with if your husband doesn't want to cruise.

I discovered that when I did Majesty in March that year. I had several spring break boys hit on me, which is hilarious because I could technically be their mom. I got the feeling that they probably couldn’t afford the cruise plus a drink package for 7 nights so my husband might like that more without the craziness, if he was willing to try it. Like pulling teeth, with him. So I have to stick to my girl cruises and DIY travel with the hubs. 

Edited by Dancingnurse79
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dancingnurse79 said:

I discovered that when I did Majesty in March that year. I had several spring break boys hit on me, which is hilarious because I could technically be their mom. I got the feeling that they probably couldn’t afford the cruise plus a drink package for 7 nights so my husband might like that more without the craziness, if he was willing to try it. Like pulling teeth, with him. So I have to stick to my girl cruises and DIY travel with the hubs. 

In the UK these short cruises tend to have a lot of hen parties and stag parties on board as they are relatively cheap cruises.

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In the UK these short cruises tend to have a lot of hen parties and stag parties on board as they are relatively cheap cruises.

That may be why we didn’t have anyone bugging us for photos past embarkation or any upgrades or specialty dining. Probably thought we were all cheapskates. 😂 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dancingnurse79 said:

That may be why we didn’t have anyone bugging us for photos past embarkation or any upgrades or specialty dining. Probably thought we were all cheapskates. 😂 

Happy new year from the UK.

Graham & Pauline x

I too have never had the upsell for speciality dining in the MDR.... but those photographers drive me INSANE!

I have two daughters who love getting their picture taken.  So it's fine, but they want me to shove all the plates and glasses and food off to the side for the picture.   I'm in the middle of eating, can we just take the picture (we won't buy) with the dishes, or you come back when the table is clear?

Of course I say we won't buy them but twice they came out really nice and we bought them.  Of course they're sitting in the bottom of a drawer.... like most of our cruise pictures.

Not really a dinner exclusive thing....

But the other thing that drives me crazy is the poses.  I'm all about taking photos, but I never stand next to my wife with her placing her hand on my chest.  It's just a silly prom photo pose.  No one ever does this outside of a picture.  I don't want to pose that way.   But they are insistent I do and it usually involves my family just groaning for me to comply. lol

• Haha 1

I haven't been on a RCI line in awhile, but I will be going on Symphony of the Seas this summer. However, last summer I went on Celebrity Equinox and they were obsessive about getting people to buy the drinking package. The worst part about it though, was anytime you did want a drink it was nearly impossible to find or flag a bartender down. Ugh! 🙄

• Haha 1

Not really a dinner exclusive thing....

But the other thing that drives me crazy is the poses.  I'm all about taking photos, but I never stand next to my wife with her placing her hand on my chest.  It's just a silly prom photo pose.  No one ever does this outside of a picture.  I don't want to pose that way.   But they are insistent I do and it usually involves my family just groaning for me to comply. lol

Exactly!!!    stand back to back, or put his hand over your hand... YUK!   I told the photographer I didn't want to do these fake poses and he was really cross with me!

• Like 1