Oosterdam's 2019-2020 New Year's cruise; a photo log and a recap after the fact

Copper10-8

12 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Clair in the Neptune lounge is fantastic-we loved her.

Mr. Copper 10-8, if you look real close at the Gingerbread display, I believe there's a big bite out of one of those gingerbread cookies. I think perhaps Canadianbear may have a story to tell..🤭

• Haha 1

Thank your for the great pictures from San Diego.  I enjoyed touring the sailing ship and lunch at Anthony's a few years ago.  Such a great city for sightseeing!   Enjoy your cruise and please give my greetings to Mrs. Copper 10-8.  I remember a cruise when I enjoyed a lunch table conversation with you both quite a few years ago, maybe a Mariners lunch and before you officially joined HAL.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Clair in the Neptune lounge is fantastic-we loved her.

They're both really good (gives me a chance to speak Dutch with Ezre) and Clair's birthday's coming up on 05 Jan :classic_wink:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

They're both really good (gives me a chance to speak Dutch with Ezre) and Clair's birthday's coming up on 05 Jan :classic_wink:

He wasn’t there on our 2 week cruise.   We had Leah & Patricia the first week then Clair & Patrica.  Probably the best concierge we’ve ever had.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

The very nice gingerbread village display in the Deck 1 Atrium, complete with working train. Oosterdam is one of the four Vistas which had her Atrium Bar, the "Olive Pit," and her Deck 1 to Deck 2 Atrium stairwell removed during her most recent dry-dock

81792443_10157681649700729_981155583367315456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=Xnu7GpnQzHUAQktJFWRe59db3vfE4GchAmF6agaDAUuMhl6Bh3XDtf3UA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=15948c897b55c110c276500e7e46073c&oe=5EB432EE

Image may contain: table and indoor

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: plant, table and outdoor

Image may contain: table, christmas tree and indoor

Image may contain: table, christmas tree, plant and indoor

Very nice.  The Stairway was also off the Nieuw Amsterdam last summer when I was on that ship so the above mentioned stair removal was also done on the Signature Sisters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

He wasn’t there on our 2 week cruise.   We had Leah & Patricia the first week then Clair & Patrica.  Probably the best concierge we’ve ever had.   

Ezre is actually a she. Bit of a non-traditional name for a Dutch girl :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Mr. Copper 10-8, if you look real close at the Gingerbread display, I believe there's a big bite out of one of those gingerbread cookies. I think perhaps Canadianbear may have a story to tell..🤭

Hmmm....We “coppers” know how to keep a secret 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Oosterdam's Neptune Lounge and flowers from Carrie, personal cruise consultant in Seattle. The NL concierges are Erz (Erzebet) from Holland and Clair from the Philippines

Seriously?  Is Erzebet actually from one of the Holland provinces or is she from The Netherlands?  You know that the Netherlands is rebranding itself and ditching the word "Holland" from all tourist promotions in the future.  Yeah, google it.  So we must address this issue with precision now.

Wonder if that new policy will affect our line? <-- Just kidding, only kidding 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

The main entertainment in the show lounge/Main Stage tonite (sunday night at 7:00 + 9:00 PM) was Post Modern Jukebox, our first experience with them. We thought the three singers were really good with the one girl (2nd pic) blessed with an incredible range. They picked a variety of songs ranging from Queen to Katy Perry, to Celine Dion to Taylor Swift. What was a bit strange was the sixties psychedelic background decor and dress/go go boots, etc.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people on stage, people standing, night, concert, shoes and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, night and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument, concert and night

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, night and concert

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Seriously?  Is Erzebet actually from one of the Holland provinces or is she from The Netherlands?  You know that the Netherlands is rebranding itself and ditching the word "Holland" from all tourist promotions in the future.  Yeah, google it.  So we must address this issue with precision now.

Wonder if that new policy will affect our line? <-- Just kidding, only kidding 😀😀😀

Ha, to me it will always be Holland (informal) and the Netherlands (formal) and I was born and raised in the province of Noord-Holland, but I did read about what it is you write 😀🤓 😀 

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, the2ofus said:

Thank your for the great pictures from San Diego.  I enjoyed touring the sailing ship and lunch at Anthony's a few years ago.  Such a great city for sightseeing!   Enjoy your cruise and please give my greetings to Mrs. Copper 10-8.  I remember a cruise when I enjoyed a lunch table conversation with you both quite a few years ago, maybe a Mariners lunch and before you officially joined HAL.

We remember and she says hi back

3 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Glad to see you're cruising again. If I recall correctly, you were going to do Cuba on the Veendam but political stuff took care of that.. It's always nice to sail out of a port close to home. I always enjoy your commentary and photos.

Great memory! Yes, really wanted to see the birth country of my wife but it wasn't to be this time, perhaps in the future

4 hours ago, cccole said:

The photos are wonderful.  Is the Indonesian lunch served in the Lido one day on most cruises?  What a treat!

Hope you have a fabulous cruise and great weather.  Happy New Year, Cherie

As far as I know, it is served once a week at the Asian station in the Lido Market, just didn't realize it was right smack on the first sea day out of San Diego. Almost missed it but my lovely spouse saw it as she walked by so I made a beeline for it post haste. The Krupuk was really good!