Cruise Critic Community
hcat

Is Canyon Ranch leaving X ships?

On EDGE  a Steiner entuty replaced Canyon Ranch... a much better experience!

Has anyone heard  CR was being replaced on there ships ...and if yes,  when ?  Have read posts saying this was so...

I did not book any spa appts for upcoming Summit cruise..did not like offers and pricing!  But if CR was there, I'd reconsider

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

On EDGE  a Steiner entuty replaced Canyon Ranch... a much better experience!

Has anyone heard  CR was being replaced on there ships ...and if yes,  when ?  Have read posts saying this was so...

I did not book any spa appts for upcoming Summit cruise..did not like offers and pricing!  But if CR was there, I'd reconsider

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4890/

Was announced a few weeks ago 

elebrity Cruises is expanding its partnership with OneSpaWorld (formerly Steiner), which until now has only operated the spa onboard Celebrity Edge. Starting in May 2020, the company will run the spas onboard all Celebrity ships (except in the Galapagos, which don't have spas).

"At Celebrity Cruises, our hallmark is providing guests with unforgettable experiences," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises. "Our expanded partnership with OneSpaWorld enables us to elevate the guest experience and introduce a myriad of new wellness platforms to enhance our world-opening vacations."

Nine Millennium- and Solstice-class ships will be transitioned from Canyon Ranch to OneSpaWorld, with onboard spas rebranded as The Spa. Spa menus will include more than 124 treatments, including signature offerings, such as the Hot Mineral Body Boost, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release, Restorative Salt Stone Massage, Zero Gravity Massages and Thousand Flower Detox Wrap.

The Spa will also make use of two Gharieni massage beds, first introduced to the cruise industry on Celebrity Edge. The MLX Quartz bed envelopes the body in warm sand quartz while the WellMassage 4D bed uses eight programmed positions to deliver a deeper and more relaxing massage.

The hair salons onboard will be operated through a partnership between OneSpaWorld and Kerastase.

Edited by bikerunner

I'll be on the Millennium later this week. Two random thoughts come to mind:

- Will the service/staff be subpar knowing they are the vendor that lost the contract?

- Will pricing change with the new vendor?

5 hours ago, mdpa said:

- Will the service/staff be subpar knowing they are the vendor that lost the contract?

Same question here - we're booked on Silhouette before the takeover and have some treatments scheduled....

I would be concerned if I was on the very last cruise before the new company takes over.  

I’ve had that experience a couple of times. The first time, the old company let their inventory of product run down so low that they could not operate the hair salon correctly on their final cruise.

The second time, I was actually on the new company’s first cruise. They had just taken over from their predecessors and learned that things were not left in very good order for them. One thing I remember was that there were no keys to the lockers in the spa area. The old company took all the keys with them.

the staff were all offered transfers to one of the company’s other locations.  I don’t recall any unhappiness on their final cruise, mostly anticipation of new opportunities.

6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Zero Gravity Massages

??

What is this?

- Joel

Hoping people who been to edge spa have the menu of services with pricing.  I don’t have a cruise to nov so fel the change over will be all set.  Like some mentioned the ones right before I would be wary 

We've been on EDGE twice and used the spa services on both cruises.Very satisfued with the new entity. We were able to pre book and  get port pricing discounts online very easily. Products are Steiner Elemis, etc.

We are cruising on the Summit  in May over Mother's Day . The Cruise Planner had Canyon R listed and NO discounts ...Maybe because they knew they were exiting.  No date was mentioned in the announcement

I guess I will check back to see  if new appts are being offered but it sounds like  May will be unsettled. Might be better to  wait til we board or hear more???

Is there any updated news about the transition away from CR?

On 12/30/2019 at 11:47 AM, mdpa said:

All I can say is when they changed from Corning to Hollywood Hot Glass many of the same staff stayed.

Follow the amazing bouncing Spa ball.

Canyon Ranch replaced Steiner and lots of people were happy.  Now Steiner (though re-named) replaces Canyon Ranch.  Its all about how much the vendor slides back to the cruise line.

I wasn't really impressed with Canyon Ranch.  Had a deep tissue massage on the Equinox that left me sore for 2 weeks.

But sounds like Steiner is going to rely on massage beds or massage chairs.  How much will be done by the staff?  Do I want to pay for a mechanical massage?