Canadian site still terrible?!

petuniaflower

We were on MSC in the summer shortly after the Canadian site had launched (was awful)..I hoped the kinks would be worked out by now but still terrible.  It wont let me add voyager club # on the US site (which is where I get my quotes since our site is awful and usually book thru a US TA).  So I tried to get some quotes on the Canadian site but it wont let me add more than 4 people, we will be 7 (wanting the super family plus)..it lets me add a second cabin (but not a third)..but regardless nothing comes up offered for super family cabins because it forces me to request separate cabins (and I know they are available, cause it shows available on the US site).  So odd that the sites differs so much:(

8 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

We were on MSC in the summer shortly after the Canadian site had launched (was awful)..I hoped the kinks would be worked out by now but still terrible.  It wont let me add voyager club # on the US site (which is where I get my quotes since our site is awful and usually book thru a US TA).  So I tried to get some quotes on the Canadian site but it wont let me add more than 4 people, we will be 7 (wanting the super family plus)..it lets me add a second cabin (but not a third)..but regardless nothing comes up offered for super family cabins because it forces me to request separate cabins (and I know they are available, cause it shows available on the US site).  So odd that the sites differs so much:(

I have other issues with the Canadian site, but it does seem to be a dog's breakfast.  Is this a time you would consider booking with an agent and leave them to do the headache work?

12 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

We were on MSC in the summer shortly after the Canadian site had launched (was awful)..I hoped the kinks would be worked out by now but still terrible.

Yeah, we're sailing in a month and the Canadian site is still showing no excursions for the trip. The site as a whole is... problematic.

19 minutes ago, Tracy Po said:

Yeah, we're sailing in a month and the Canadian site is still showing no excursions for the trip. The site as a whole is... problematic.

Eeek. That must be nervewracking.  I read there was some licensing issue to be able to 'sell' excursions on the Canadian site. I am hoping after Jan 1, the license will be dealt with and ready to go.

I can't even get prices for a cruise on the US site!  It does not offer the possibility.  Hard to believe the web site is so terrible.  I sent an e-mail asking for prices etc.  Not too encouraged. We took 2 cruises with MSC and always have trouble getting info.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:17 PM, Tracy Po said:

Tracie, I was speaking to a Canadian agent yesterday and she stated they expect the excursions and purchases to be listed in the Canadian site in January. No exact date, and hopefully not after your departure, but at least it sounds like something a bit more solid.  Check often.

• Like 1

Hi all!

I called the MSC Canadian office in Mississauga today & got through quickly. The agent said it's a new office & they're still learning & expect the shore excursions to be posted sometime this month.

My cruise isn't until Sept. so no big deal but I would like to know what's on offer in case I have to go with non ship ones. OTOH patience is not one of my virtues so hope it's sooner rather than later!!

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ 😊

A few weeks ago, when I called regarding the inability to book excursions online, I was told we could not book over the phone. They were hoping that the Canadian website would be ready to handle excursion bookings some time in January. At the time of our call, the agent told me I either had to wait until the website was working or wait until I got on the ship to book excursions. That sounded okay weeks ago, but now that we are fast approaching our sail date, I am hoping that we are not shut out of our choice excursions because they may become sold out. Also, by having to wait until we board the ship we may be missing  out on any reduced pre-sail excursion prices. Hope they can get it up and running soon!

Canadians are not allowed to book excursions through the US site. We are on the Meraviglia January 26, 2020 cruise. There are maybe 1 or 2 completely useless excursions posted for our whole cruise. Never in my life have I seen such a poorly executed website. Most of the time, I cannot even access my booking details. We leave in 9 days and I cannot print my boarding pass nor baggage tags. Definitely note impressed. i can only hope that the ship offers a better experience.

I hear you Cynalan! The couple excursions posted for our trip made us lol. It was in a pdf form and I actually didn't see how you could book them anyway. And thank you for the suggestion xcell! Unfortunately, this is the first cruise we booked on our own online, not through a TA.

Gotta say through my experience with the website and the recent barrage of negative reviews for our ship, I think I am well prepared for any service deficiencies we may experience onboard. Regardless, we are looking forward to it, will keep an open mind and we are hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:24 AM, mef_57 said:

Tracie, I was speaking to a Canadian agent yesterday and she stated they expect the excursions and purchases to be listed in the Canadian site in January. No exact date, and hopefully not after your departure, but at least it sounds like something a bit more solid.  Check often.

Thanks Mef! 

Guys. GUYS. Someone on that big social media site figured out how we can book excursions on the US site! He took a couple screenshots to share his discovery.

Step #2 (erasing browser history) is vital: it won’t work otherwise.

Hat tip to Sylvain Despelteau!

E647522C-E83D-42FB-A1F9-B12AB1F46B96.jpeg

64CD8572-CD45-4A42-BB52-1FB84FF04904.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi 

Am I missing something? I book a cruise with a U.S. online agent. I completed my check in on the MSC U.S. site. I am also seeing excursions offered. I don't book cruise line excursions normally so I don't know, would the site would prevent it? 

16 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi 

Am I missing something? I book a cruise with a U.S. online agent. I completed my check in on the MSC U.S. site. I am also seeing excursions offered. I don't book cruise line excursions normally so I don't know, would the site would prevent it? 

Anyone who has booked after it opened in May either with MSC itself or a Canadian agent  has been forced to use the Canadian website - which it pretty terrible. So, it doesn't apply to your situation.  The rest of us are suffering....

4 hours ago, Travelinmaam said:

Tracy and Sylvain, thank you!! Genius!

We are two weeks away from boarding and we had our eye on an excursion. I will try to book it. 

I hope it links properly to our Canadian booking info and that we don't end up with two disconnected accounts.

You’re very welcome! I hope it works for you.

I forgot to add, this just reserves the excursion: you can’t pay for it through the US site. You pay once on-board.

Edited by Tracy Po

5 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Anyone who has booked after it opened in May either with MSC itself or a Canadian agent  has been forced to use the Canadian website - which it pretty terrible. So, it doesn't apply to your situation.  The rest of us are suffering....

Hi

Again, am I missing something. 

I only booked last month. Paid in full through a 3rd. party TA. I have since gotten a status match, they have given me an OBC. I have completed the online check in, on their U.S. site. I didn't even know there was a Canadian site. Anyways, as I said, on the U.S. site, it does appear to give me the option to book their excursions.

This is the first time I have booked a MSC cruise, just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong.

32 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

I only booked last month. Paid in full through a 3rd. party TA. I have since gotten a status match, they have given me an OBC. I have completed the online check in, on their U.S. site. I didn't even know there was a Canadian site. Anyways, as I said, on the U.S. site, it does appear to give me the option to book their excursions.

I would guess that since you booked through a US TA, you have use of MSC’s US site. That’s the only explanation I can think of.

The US website—while not awesome by any means—is MUCH better than the Canadian site. We booked in either late October or early November and I don’t think I have ever been able to access the excursions on the Canadian site. Drink packages are there. Spa treatments? Lots of them. I can even order cakes. But not excursions. 🙁

Edited by Tracy Po
Tidied up the pasted quote.
  • Like 1

Tracy and others, I just to wanted to let you all know that the instructions that Tracy provided worked perfectly! We booked our excursion and it is linked to our booking now! It says that we will have to pay once we check in on board. But the comforting thing is, I see the excursion attached to our booking. 

Thank you so much Tracy! I am glad we could book the excursion ahead of time and not have to worry about it being sold out. Great job!!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Tracy Po said:

Guys. GUYS. Someone on that big social media site figured out how we can book excursions on the US site! He took a couple screenshots to share his discovery.

Thank you so much. Finally got in!!

On 1/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, Travelinmaam said:

Thank you so much Tracy! I am glad we could book the excursion ahead of time and not have to worry about it being sold out. Great job!!

On 1/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, ckmedsec said:

Thank you so much. Finally got in!!

You're very welcome. Have a great cruise!

On 1/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Tracy Po said:

This is a complete game changer! Thank you so much for posting this!!!