Can I use another persons seapass?

p5woody

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m going to get a ear bashing but.

my daughter wants to take her friend to coastal kitchen for dinner but friend isn’t in a suite.

If I gave her friend my card do you think we would get away with it?

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is not going to work.  The maitre'd at Coastal Kitchen will know who you are after going there once.  You can ask if she can bring a guest, some ships allow it, most don't.

The ability to take a guest to Coastal Kitchen depends on a lot of factors, none of which is in writing anywhere.

How many eligible (for CK) cruisers are on board your cruise?

How many of them are utilizing CK?

Who is the host/ess at CK?

How pleasant are you?

What kind of cabin is your daughter in?

Is your daughter cruising solo?  (the answer to this is apparently "no", but for the sake of anyone else reading this post.........)

In other words, there is no easy answer.  I would NOT just "take your card and  hope to deceive the host/ess". I would ask politely.

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We did just that and were able to bring our friends in.   They look at your card sometimes so you wouldn’t want to risk it.

Was it still Albert as the host and Jacob  as manager?  I can see them working with people and allowing guests.  They were excellent and had CK running like a well oiled machine.

Albert was the best!  I mentioned him on our survey.  We had a junior suite that decided to drive us nuts with noise at night.  Sounded like someone was locked in the closet and trying to get out!!!  Anyway, they kind of fixed it and gave is 20% off next cruise.  We didn’t even complain, just wanted the noise gone.  So Oasis here we come, still fighting over the date!!!!!!!

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Ovation

At the moment we only have a junior suite but we will put in a good bid for a grand suite.

I think you will have a better chance of them allowing a friend on a Quantum class ship than you would on an Oasis class ship, even if you are in a JS just because of the location and layout.  CK is off of the Suite Lounge on the Oasis class ships and is a lot more crowded, at least compared to Anthem.  We have enjoyed CK on Anthem more than we did on Oasis, could have just been the staff.  Anthem caters to everyone that eats there, no matter your cabin type or C&A status.  That has not been our experience on Oasis.  

9 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Yes, RCCL assumes we are all dishonest. That's because so many on this board bragged about being dishonest. That's what finally made RCCL change the Deluxe Package rules to Everyone over 21 in a cabin had to buy one or no one could have one.  

It's not a reflection on any one person, nor can one blame RCCL.  It's just too much cheating and too much bragging about cheating. 

But I suspect the server will not question you for coffee.  They actually don't really care.  They want you to be happy and have a great cruise.  You should ask on the first day.  If you're upfront from the start it's a pretty good sign you aren't trying to cheat the system.  I bet you'll have no problem.  It's really the Alcohol package that they care most about. 

I was able to call and get a deluxe package for my hubby and just a refreshment package for me. Just can't do it online. He is a drinker and I am addicted to coke zero to the point it's probably holding my bones together😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m going to get a ear bashing but.

my daughter wants to take her friend to coastal kitchen for dinner but friend isn’t in a suite.

If I gave her friend my card do you think we would get away with it?

You may get "away with it"....but would they really want to take that chance, get caught (and embarrassed) and find themselves ushered out?  

Better to ask permission, than beg for forgiveness.  

23 hours ago, tinkertwo said:
23 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

What I'm reading is that Royal figured out where they could get profit back.  A company has to grow and increase earnings year over year.  Just because they had it one way for a few years does not mean that they have to keep it that way forever.  It also does not mean a change has been made because some people bragged about beating the system.  Changing fees today doesn't make it a coincidence.  And no, I get up on the same side of the bed each morning, but when I read something I don't feel is silly I call it out.  

Ok, I'll bite, what are YOU reading?  And why do you find it "silly" that Royal Caribbean would change their drink package rules because of all the abuse?  Changing the rules completely coincided with many threads about cheating and how to do it.  Checking carry on water bottles for alcohol by shaking them also coincided with a number of threads about how to sneak booze onto a ship by putting it in packaged water bottles.  But probably just coincidence, right?  You know, trying to maximize profits.  

You seem to have some interesting motivation to call people out for a fairly innocuous comment.  You rant about demanding "proof."  Why do you even care?  If you disagree, so what?  But  then you go and say "do you have any idea of what percentage of RCCL cruisers are actually on cruise critic?  Probably no more than 5%. "  Ok, I'll repeat Cruiseguy's question "Do you have any PROOF of this. How can you just throw out an arbitrary number with no facts to back it up?"  Well, do you?  Never mind, when I read something I feel is silly, I just like to call it out. 

How about we simply agree that there appeared to be lots of cheating since many people posted about doing so, and soon thereafter RC changed back to a policy that seems designed to avoid cheating?

Arguing about quantifying "probably" and "most" and speculating about percentages is pretty silly.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, p5woody said:

Let me clarify, my wife is buying the refreshment package, I am not.  I am also an early riser (translation I don't sleep much) so I get up early - normally work out, walk, or just explore the ship while everybody else is sleeping.  My wife is a late sleeper.  I would like to get her a specialty coffee and a light breakfast for her to enjoy when she wakes up.  She enjoys sitting on the balcony before starting her day.  Will they let me use her card?

If the only time she wants specialty coffee or anything from the refresh package is that one breakfast coffee, seems like buying a card or doing individ purchases are the best idea. Another might be if you bought the package and just took her one, but that technically would be "cheating" of course. No harm no foul IF that really was the only way the pkg got used. I have heard of people doing things like that in a disability situation. 

Edit--deleted dbl post. BTW, for anyone like me who didn't know, I finally see how this happens: I read to the end of the thread on pg 2, went back to the OP to hit "quote" for my reply. I composed it and hit the "Post reply" button. Nothing appeared to happen to my post, so I hit the button again. Then I discovered I was still at the bottom of pg 1 and I had dblnposted on page 2 at the end. 

This is on a mobile device, but apparently hitting "quote" to initiate a reply does not take you to the end of the thread. 

Edited by mayleeman

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

If the only time she wants specialty coffee or anything from the refresh package is that one breakfast coffee, seems like buying a card or doing individ purchases are the best idea. Another might be if you bought the package and just took her one, but that technically would be "cheating" of course. No harm no foul IF that really was the only way the pkg got used. I have heard of people doing things like that in a disability situation. 

My wife will be using the refreshment package the rest of the day, but she will be getting them herself.  I was just going to deliver her morning coffee.  I will ask the first day if I can use her card, if they say no I will just buy them on an individual basis.

• Like 1