Naughty Room questions

BillHana

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got called down one time...with absolutely no idea why they pulled my bag.  It was wire hangers, the cheap freebie kind you get from the cleaners!  😮  I take along extras, not wanting to wait to find our cabin attendant when I don't have enough to hang my stuff right away. 

As soon as they showed me the Xray...and was most obvious they were hangers...they immediately blamed the security on shore as being overly zealous.  They let me take the bag unopened.  

Yes...wire hangers are allowed...but from then on, I bring plastic hangers!  ☹️

No wire hangers in their closet! 😂 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got called down one time...with absolutely no idea why they pulled my bag.  It was wire hangers, the cheap freebie kind you get from the cleaners!  😮  I take along extras, not wanting to wait to find our cabin attendant when I don't have enough to hang my stuff right away. 

As soon as they showed me the Xray...and was most obvious they were hangers...they immediately blamed the security on shore as being overly zealous.  They let me take the bag unopened.  

Yes...wire hangers are allowed...but from then on, I bring plastic hangers!  ☹️

So, if they hold your bag in error like this post, does someone deliver it to your room or do you get to truck it up there yourself?

2 minutes ago, 20165 said:

So, if they hold your bag in error like this post, does someone deliver it to your room or do you get to truck it up there yourself?

We have always had to carry the bag to our stateroom ourselves, but ours have wheels so it's not a big deal.

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

I had to drag, clunk, huff it up to the cabin myself.  😞 Luckily...as with Bob...it has wheels, but not so much fun trying to get on an elevator with the thing.  I am not one of those "early self assist" types on disembarkation either.  😉 

Edited by island lady

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had to drag, clunk, huff it up to the cabin myself.  😞 Luckily...as with Bob...it has wheels, but not so much fun trying to get on an elevator with the thing.  I am not one of those "early self assist" types on disembarkation either.  😉 

Funny my DS friend. I can just picture what you described leaving the "naughty room" and heading to your cabin. Oops I said that baby sounding word! 😜 We don't lug our luggage off the ship ourselves either. Hell I can barley lug myself off the ship. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Funny my DS friend. I can just picture what you described leaving the "naughty room" and heading to your cabin. Oops I said that baby sounding word! 😜 We don't lug our luggage off the ship ourselves either. Hell I can barley lug myself off the ship. 

LOL!!!   Yeah, let those "young-uns" drag our luggage to and from our cabin!! 🥵 I am with you my DS friend.  😉

Oh gosh no...don't say those baby words here....gaga  gaga...oopsie.  🤓

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We’ve always also had bring bags ourselves up from the security area. Doesn’t matter if they hold it in error. We got  right on an elevator On deck 1 and that was no problem. Got off the elevator walked down the hall with the bag on wheels. No problem.

That actually was less walking with the suitcase than we often have to do when our bag is down the hall sometimes on the other side of the ship. 

m

35 minutes ago, David10225 said:

I have a big bottle of body wash packed in my suitcase.  I'm wondering if I should just put it in my carry on. 

How big are we talking?  If it is really just body wash, I would just go ahead and leave it in the suitcase. If it is so large that you think security would question the contents, then it must be pretty heavy to lug around until the cabin opened.

Perhaps you can get a smaller bottle. If you need a lot, then get two. When we’ve been on a cruise for a couple of weeks, we  prefer two smaller bottles of toiletries, rather than one large one. 

Good luck

M

We had to go to the naughty room on the first night of our 2011 Allure cruise.  Before dinner we knew one bag was missing, but since we were cruising with friends, we just went ahead to dinner.  After dinner, our cabin steward told us that security was looking for us; she was quite upset, as I recall.  Messages had been left on the phone, etc.  So...we went down to the Naughty Room to open the bag -- it was an unopened bottle of mouthwash (still sealed).  We did have to take the bag up to our cabin ourselves (wheels, but only two!).

I got called down for soda in my bag on a cruise about 10 years ago. We were very nice about it and started chatting with security (no other passengers were there). They showed us some of the things they confiscated. The bubble bath was the best...we got a wiff- pure moonshine I think 😝

2 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

I think they should offer a new class of benefits for those of us who've been called down there as a kinda awkward badge of something.   I'm proud of the distinction.

Maybe t shirts?  “Follow me to the naughty room!” or something 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David10225 said:

I have a big bottle of body wash packed in my suitcase.  I'm wondering if I should just put it in my carry on. 

Did your body wash look like a bottle of booze going thru X-Ray?    Our body wash & shampoo have never been questioned.  🍷

14 hours ago, David10225 said:

I take full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner...never been called down for those.  

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That actually was less walking with the suitcase than we often have to do when our bag is down the hall sometimes on the other side of the ship. 

Agree...seems more and more we end up having to search for our bags that have been brought to the front of other cabin doors...also sometimes on the opposite side of the ship.  Once we found a missing bag down one floor.  😮 And we use color printed tags (2 per bag) in those Amazon plastic sleeves.  Very clear to read, to most anyway.  🤨  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Agree...seems more and more we end up having to search for our bags that have been brought to the front of other cabin doors...also sometimes on the opposite side of the ship.  Once we found a missing bag down one floor.  😮 And we use color printed tags (2 per bag) in those Amazon plastic sleeves.  Very clear to read, to most anyway.  🤨  

Yikes-never had to go on another floor to look for our bags. We often have to search the hallways of our deck. I can’t figure out why they can’t put the bags a little closer to the rooms, but I think that was another thread.

m

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yikes-never had to go on another floor to look for our bags. We often have to search the hallways of our deck. I can’t figure out why they can’t put the bags a little closer to the rooms, but I think that was another thread.

Just happened that one time.  Not sure how we ended up stumbling on it, but finally found it.  

Pretty common though, as they shuffle bags up the elevators, they simply load them up in one common area, then the cabin attendants start sorting them out to drag to each cabin.

Could be landing on each floor near stairs, or could be down the hallway near the crew door.  We have many times, found our bags in one of those pile ups and then simply taken them down the hallway ourselves.  I think the attendants are happy with that.  

18 hours ago, joand452 said:

We had to go to the naughty room on the first night of our 2011 Allure cruise.  Before dinner we knew one bag was missing, but since we were cruising with friends, we just went ahead to dinner.  After dinner, our cabin steward told us that security was looking for us; she was quite upset, as I recall.  Messages had been left on the phone, etc.  So...we went down to the Naughty Room to open the bag -- it was an unopened bottle of mouthwash (still sealed).  We did have to take the bag up to our cabin ourselves (wheels, but only two!).

Shame on you Joan😳