Naughty Room questions

BillHana

One TA we spent a week in Germany precruise and visited a brewery with my family name.  Long story short, we purchased an additional suitcase in Barcelona and packed it with the schnapps and beer we intended to take home after the cruise.  The bag was flagged and I was summoned to the Naughty Room.  The attendant asked if I had alcohol in the bag.  I told him yes and they can keep the suitcase until the end of the cruise.  The look on his face was priceless.  He wanted me to take the bottles out and I told him, No, keep the entire suitcase as it was packed and would not be opened until we got back to Canada.  This was something they have not heard of before.  And yes, last night I got the bag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

One TA we spent a week in Germany precruise and visited a brewery with my family name.  Long story short, we purchased an additional suitcase in Barcelona and packed it with the schnapps and beer we intended to take home after the cruise.  The bag was flagged and I was summoned to the Naughty Room.  The attendant asked if I had alcohol in the bag.  I told him yes and they can keep the suitcase until the end of the cruise.  The look on his face was priceless.  He wanted me to take the bottles out and I told him, No, keep the entire suitcase as it was packed and would not be opened until we got back to Canada.  This was something they have not heard of before.  And yes, last night I got the bag.

We boarded for a transatlantic cruise in Civitavecchia, and I put luggage tags on 2 cases of wine that I purchased in Italy as I was bringing them back to the States.  Much to my surprise both cases ended up in my stateroom.   I didn't have any room in my stateroom as I expected security to hold the wine until the end of the cruise.  I had to call housekeeping to store it for me until we reach Miami.  🍷

On one trip, we are traveling on land prior to getting on the ship. We had two sets of silverware in our bags so we could pick up food during our travels and not worry about getting utensils. Well those sets of silverware got flagged with a big knife tag. Security looked at the dull butter knives and let them go. Lesson learned don’t carry silverware on to ship.

I had to go to the naughty room once.  My mouthwash was flagged.  I had to open my case & show them the bottle.  They released my bag & away I went to my cabin with my bag.  No problem.

One other time I didn't have to go to the naughty room but all of our cases were MIA.  Our room attendant finally found them.

I had upgraded our cabin & didn't notice the luggage tags had not been upgraded & they went to our old cabin.  I don't know why the guests in that cabin didn't just call CS & tell them.  We didn't get our bags until later that evening.  When I saw the tags I could have kicked myself.  Lesson to be learned, DOUBLE CHECK LUGGAGE TAGS FOR CORRECT CABIN!!!

Edited by PTAngel

25 minutes ago, PTAngel said:

I had to go to the naughty room once.  My mouthwash was flagged.  I had to open my case & show them the bottle.  They released my bag & away I went to my cabin with my bag.  No problem.

One other time I didn't have to go to the naughty room but all of our cases were MIA.  Our room attendant finally found them.

I had upgraded our cabin & didn't notice the luggage tags had not been upgraded & they went to our old cabin.  I don't know why the guests in that cabin didn't just call CS & tell them.  We didn't get our bags until later that evening.  When I saw the tags I could have kicked myself.  Lesson to be learned, DOUBLE CHECK LUGGAGE TAGS FOR CORRECT CABIN!!!

The real lesson is:  If you see bags in your cabin that aren't yours, take them down to Guest Services.  Don't just let them sit there.  😣

It made sense to me.  I would have called Guest Services.  Evidently, they waited.  However, I can't be responsible for someone else behavior; only mine.  So this is a lesson for both sides:  "double check for luggage tags for correct cabin & if unknown luggage arrives in your cabin notify Guest Services".

On 12/31/2019 at 8:04 PM, Dancingnurse79 said:

Who lets someone else pack their suitcase? That’s part of the excitement leading up to a trip. 

My husband had me pack his suitcase as he would only pack a couple of pairs of shorts, underwear and tee shirts.  I never find packing exciting, but look at it as something that has to be done.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The real lesson is:  If you see bags in your cabin that aren't yours, take them down to Guest Services.  Don't just let them sit there.  😣

A couple of years ago we were given a free upgrade to a JS from our midships balcony.

Around 6.30pm our cases had not turned up and we had set sail and they were not at the naughty room or GS.

As a last resort we went to our original cabin with our CS.

Sitting in the middle of the cabin alongside 3 guests from that cabin  who had been upgraded to that cabin was our 2 cases.

They never apologised and we were just glad to take our cases but one wonders when they would have reported the cases as not theirs?.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A couple of years ago we were given a free upgrade to a JS from our midships balcony.

Around 6.30pm our cases had not turned up and we had set sail and they were not at the naughty room or GS.

Sitting in the middle of the cabin alongside 3 guests from that cabin  who had been upgraded to that cabin was our 2 cases.

They never apologised and we were just glad to take our cases but one wonders when they would have reported the cases as not theirs?.

Wow! I think they would have kept them if you had not come. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yeah, that's pretty creepy they were sitting there just hanging out with your suitcases in their cabin.  It had to be extremely obvious they were not theirs.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yeah, that's pretty creepy they were sitting there just hanging out with your suitcases in their cabin.  It had to be extremely obvious they were not theirs.  

Thanks Pat.

They said nothing when we turned up.

I had walked around every deck looking and even if they had put the cases outside the cabin I would have found them much sooner.

Pauline was beside herself with worry that our cases had been left on the quayside.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

They said nothing when we turned up.

I had walked around every deck looking and even if they had put the cases outside the cabin I would have found them much sooner.

Pauline was beside herself with worry that our cases had been left on the quayside.

At least you got them!   One time cruising out of PC on MJ...I was sitting in the VCL looking out over the channel, when I saw someone's suitcase floating out there...apparently on it's way out to sea with the current.  Others came by to see what I was pointing at.  Yup, large purple suitcase dragging it's luggage tag.  

Those pax did not find their case.  😮 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

At least you got them!   One time cruising out of PC on MJ...I was sitting in the VCL looking out over the channel, when I saw someone's suitcase floating out there...apparently on it's way out to sea with the current.  Others came by to see what I was pointing at.  Yup, large purple suitcase dragging it's luggage tag.  

Those pax did not find their case.  😮 

That must have been heartbreaking for whoever's case.it was.

I have read stories about cases falling into the water when being loaded onto the ship and the cruiseline paying to wash the contents but at least the passengers got their belongings.

On one of our first cruises in 2003 at disembarkation there was a couple of rucksack handles on their own on the quayside and no rucksack and word was the owner had not tipped anyone.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We rode the train to Denali Natl Park and were transported to the lodge by motorcoach. 

It was a lovely 3 day stay, but one couple’s luggage never arrived. 

It was nowhere to be found. The front desk called EVERY room to ask if anyone had seen the luggage. 

The morning we left, as we were boarding the motorcoach  again, a lodge employee came out with the luggage. 

Two elderly ladies, who were actually with our group, had complained at check out that their room was too small to have someone’s luggage sitting in the middle of it. One if the ladies actually said they didn’t like to complain, but thought something should be done before the next guests checked in.

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We ride the train to Denali Natl Park and transported to the lodge by motorcoach. 

It was a lovely 3 day stay, but one couple’s luggage never arrived. 

It was nowhere to be found. The front desk called each room to ask if anyone had seen the luggage. 

The morning we left, as we were boarding the mitorcoach again, a lodge employee came out with the luggage. 

Two elderly ladies, who were with our group, had complained at check out that their room was too small to have someone’s luggage sitting in the middle of it. One if the ladies actually said they didn’t like to complain, but thought something should be done before the next guests checked in. 🤔

Wow,some people are so selfish and should have reported this.

It is so unfair to the people whose cases they were.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Wow,some people are so selfish and should have reported this.

It is so unfair to the people whose cases they were.

We chalked it up to elderly brains in befuddled 

bodies. 

I’m sure that now I’m a few years older than they were then, so look out, world!

I was once called down to get my case from security when I packed a walkie talkie. They said they wanted to make sure I couldn't intercept any communication on board for security purposes. I never thought about that, but good to know they did. See people, there are safety measures in place. The walkie talkie was easier for my blind husband to reach me if I were out of the cabin. They let me have it.

On a recent cruise saw this on the desk in the diamond lounge. Don’t know if the concierge attempted to contact the diamond members on the list, but they had the info. 

8753EA8C-655D-49F6-9C8E-0FAA72C4E0A6.jpeg

Edited by DandDM

My bag was sent to the Naughty Room once. I have a food allergy to corn, so I bought my own Stevia colas. My bag never showed up so I asked the room attendant. She directed me to the second deck. It felt like I was going to the Pricipal’s office😂 They asked me to open my bag and I explained I had a doctor note. They said no problem.