Deluxe Beverage Package on Symphony — Rules? Daily limit? Minimum time between drinks?

I am aware of the no-sharing rules, but wonder if there is a daily limit of orders.  Or a minimum time after placing one order before you can get another drink.  What about an alcoholic and a soft drink at same time?  Or a shot and a coffee?  Or fresh squeezed orange juice and a shot?  TIA for answers.

9 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

I am aware of the no-sharing rules, but wonder if there is a daily limit of orders.  Or a minimum time after placing one order before you can get another drink.  What about an alcoholic and a soft drink at same time?  Or a shot and a coffee?  Or fresh squeezed orange juice and a shot?  TIA for answers.

This is really going to be a YMMV (your experience may vary) type of situation. There's no "hard" rules. You just need to be getting 1 drink at a time and the servers need to be comfortable that you're not sharing. Definitely no daily maximum... But assume that Royal Caribbean "big brother" is monitoring just in case something seems off.

The general rule that is applied frequently (IME) is that they won't serve you a drink while you still have some left in your current drink.  There are exceptions like when you order a drink and hate it.  Slide it back across the bar and ask for something else.  No problem.  I've had two gulps of beer in a glass and was denied my next drink unless I surrender what's left of my current drink.   Generally speaking I finish my current drink then order so it's never really a problem.

There are rumors of a daily limit but it's pretty high, like no one should ever hit that limit or else they are way too drunk or sharing drinks.   It can be overridden but it's supposedly a safe guard in the system designed to make a bartender pause and ensure you are not becoming a danger to yourself.  Something high enough that only a diehard alcoholic might reach that level, alcohol poisoning level.   This was suggested by a F&B manager, I've never reached that high myself.

I have experienced bar staff run my DX for more drinks than I have consumed.  Like when I sit at a bar for a while.   They get a small fraction of every drink or card swipe so I generally let it slide.   No skin off my nose and it has never pushed my count into a danger zone so I don't care.

I've never tried to order a cocktail like a vodka and tonic plus a coke.  I've never had the need to.  I have ordered a cocktail and a bottle of water.  

Edited by twangster

I'm not a big drinker, but I do like the frozen stuffs like the BBC or mud slides.  Or, will sometimes try a specialty.  I also always carry the free-style cup.  I haven't had any issues ordering a drink and then a coke, including Symphony in early December.  This was at the bars or at dinner.  I also tip after each drink and the bartenders do appreciate and remember.