Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
niko40

MSC Yacht Club

Recommended Posts

Having never cruised with MSC before could someone please explain yatch club to me. Is this something you pre purchase to use the facilities or is it a type of cabin experience like bella etc. And what benefits do you get.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the MSC website.  This is from the US version:

 

MSC YACHT CLUB - Exclusivity and privacy in a world of choice

PRIVACY
Lavishly fitted suites offering outstanding comfort located in the upper-decks of the ship
Panoramic Top Sail Lounge with bar, afternoon tea service, light food selection 20 hours per day and live music available every night
Dedicated exclusive Sun Deck with pool, solarium and bar
Gourmet dining in the private MSC YC restaurant with free choice of dining time during restaurant opening hours
EXCLUSIVITY
Dedicated priority check-in and check-out
24-hours butler service and dedicated concierge
24-hours room service available
Unlimited drinks in all MSC YC areas including mini bar
Complimentary beverage selection an all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the selection available in each venue
Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa
Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)
Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club points
Newspaper directly delivered in stateroom request
Premium Internet Package*, up to 4GB (depending on the length of the cruise)
Possibility to organize private shopping experience**
Possibility to organize tailor-made excursions**
WORLD OF CHOICE
Access to all ship’s facilities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools, etc.)
Premium buffet 20-hours per day (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)
Varied program of Broadway and Las Vegas-style theater shows
MSC Aurea Spa treatments**
Entertainment activities for adults, infants and children
Recreational activities for children
Open-air sports facilities
Extremely well-equipped gym with panoramic view

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niko40 said:

Having never cruised with MSC before could someone please explain yatch club to me. Is this something you pre purchase to use the facilities or is it a type of cabin experience like bella etc. And what benefits do you get.

Thanks


The Yacht Club is a separate part of the ship.  It is a private enclave on the top decks forward and it is an experience as well.  You have Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and Yacht Club experiences on most MSC ships.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:


The Yacht Club is a separate part of the ship.  It is a private enclave on the top decks forward and it is an experience as well.  You have Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and Yacht Club experiences on most MSC ships.  

Ah thanks thought so just couldn't see the option on the cruise we were looking at apparently all sold out so not an issue know.

Think we will book a fantastica balcony and see what msc is all about. 

We only done RCI previously D+ so could be an eye opener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MSC have something called Status Match on the loyalty programme, you will probably get Gold maybe Diamond if you match your RCI loyalty. . Check out Voyager Club on the website find it under “manage a booking”.

Liz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, niko40 said:

Ah thanks thought so just couldn't see the option on the cruise we were looking at apparently all sold out so not an issue know.

Think we will book a fantastica balcony and see what msc is all about. 

We only done RCI previously D+ so could be an eye opener.


It all depends what ship you are looking at.  Some MSC ships do not have the Yacht Club.  With MSC you get what you pay for.  The Fantastica experience is a good value for what you pay.  Don’t expect it to be like RCI...it is different...more European.
The Yacht Club blows everything away...better than RCI...better than the other MCI experiences.

 

What ship are you looking at?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:


It all depends what ship you are looking at.  Some MSC ships do not have the Yacht Club.  With MSC you get what you pay for.  The Fantastica experience is a good value for what you pay.  Don’t expect it to be like RCI...it is different...more European.
The Yacht Club blows everything away...better than RCI...better than the other MCI experiences.

 

What ship are you looking at?

 

Preziosa have seen some awful reviews but most only post to moan so take it with a pinch of salt we have got gold on the switch we will give it a go see what happens cant be any worse than carnival surley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We did seaside yacht club a month ago, really enjoyed it, great service, not crowded, good food indoor and outdoor restaurants, drink package is included, even live music from 5 to 11 each night. Liked it enough to book it for next year. 
also got ten percent discount since I am a veteran 

Edited by George C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, niko40 said:

Preziosa have seen some awful reviews but most only post to moan so take it with a pinch of salt we have got gold on the switch we will give it a go see what happens cant be any worse than carnival surley


Preziosa is a Fantasia Class ship...really beautiful and it has the YC.  Keep checking and you’ll find an available YC cabin eventually.  Reservations are dropped everyday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, niko40 said:

Ah thanks thought so just couldn't see the option on the cruise we were looking at apparently all sold out so not an issue know.

Think we will book a fantastica balcony and see what msc is all about. 

We only done RCI previously D+ so could be an eye opener.

 

Just to clarify, it is not some kind of option you add on.  You have to book a yacht Club cabin to get the yacht club 'experience'.  And on the MSC website the Yacht Club cabins are pretty deep in the cycle of cabins MSC presents.  Make sure you cycle through all of the cabin choices before concluding Yacht Club is sold out on that cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

 

You have to book a yacht Club cabin to get the yacht club 'experience'. 

It is the other way around. You select ‘Experience’ first , confirm and select ‘Stateroom’ second. You are right, with MSC the ‘Experience’ dictates the stateroom selection. No mix-and-match of ‘Stateroom’ and ‘Experience’ selection possible.

Edited by SirWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

You have to book a yacht Club cabin to get the yacht club 'experience'.  And on the MSC website the Yacht Club cabins are pretty deep in the cycle of cabins MSC presents. 

 

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

It is the other way around. You select ‘Experience’ first , confirm and select ‘Stateroom’ second. You are right, with MSC the ‘Experience’ dictates the stateroom selection.

 

When I book, the first selection after "Passengers" is "Stateroom Type" (First, select your preferred stateroom).

Next is "Experience" (Next, choose your experience and services) with non-applicable experiences unable to be selected.

Then after "Confirm", "Choose Your Stateroom".

 

Maybe different parts of the site do things differently? (wouldn't surprise me with MSC's website 🥴)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, and if you select one of the Yacht Club cabins 

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

It is the other way around. You select ‘Experience’ first , confirm and select ‘Stateroom’ second. You are right, with MSC the ‘Experience’ dictates the stateroom selection. No mix-and-match of ‘Stateroom’ and ‘Experience’ selection possible.

 

You must get that via a different route into their booking.  Here is what I am doing, with a specific example.  And though I have an account on their website I am not logging in.

 

1 - go to the home page

2 - select parameters for cruise:  I'm using 2 people, January 2021, Caribbean, Miami

3 - the first cruise that come up, from the search is 1/2/21 on Seaside.

4 - I click Select

5 - Part-way down the resulting page is a horizontally scrolling section: FIRST, SELECT YOUR PREFERRED STATEROOM

6 - Here is where it can be a little confusing for the unwary.  You click the right arrow to cycle through the different cabin types (you COULD click the left arrow and go backwards and that would actually find the YC cabins quicker, but I think most people will click the right arrow).  And you get some pretty fancy high-end suites before you ever get to the Yacht Club cabins, like Grand Suite, Suite with Whirlpool, etc. up to Super Family Plus.  It is only AFTER this that you see Yacht Club Interior, Yacht Club Deluxe Suite, and Yacht Cul Royal Suite.  

7 - click on, say, Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

8 - Now it moves you to the NEXT, CHOOSE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SERVICES horizontal scroll - but Yacht Club is already selected because we picked a YC cabin

9 - Below that it tells you your total fare and invites you to Confirm

 

My message was intended to help at step 6, where scrolling through these high-end suites without hitting any yacht club cabins might lead someone to think YC was all sold out when they just may not have scrolled far enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

 

 

When I book, the first selection after "Passengers" is "Stateroom Type" (First, select your preferred stateroom).

Next is "Experience" (Next, choose your experience and services) with non-applicable experiences unable to be selected.

Then after "Confirm", "Choose Your Stateroom".

 

Maybe different parts of the site do things differently? (wouldn't surprise me with MSC's website 🥴)

 

This is what I see, as well.  I suspect you are right about different parts of the website working differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...