Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
taylortime05

Any Great Deals Found Today?

Recommended Posts

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with Celebrity or a TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are committed to MSC, in the Yacht Club, but I still look for other deals, just in case. We can travel anytime and budget isn't a concern if we really like it.

I don't know your budget or flexibility to travel but there is one only it sails towards the end of March. 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Reflection, leaving March 23, in a Sky Suite. The total price as of 30 minutes ago was $2720 total, with all four perks. That's about $248 p.p. per day. It's really hard to find any under $300 p.p. per day.This is from Celebrity's web site. Through the right travel agency you probably get about $500 fully refundable obc.

I didn't book it mainly because I don't want/need all four perks, just either prepaid gratuities or obc to pay them. I couldn't find a way to price it without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just recommend you know your pricing.    I have generally found Celebrity plays many shell games and raises prices and then gives you a discounting netting to the same amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I went over the pricing I found for our May Summit 2020 cruise on a related thread about Double Savings..hocus pocus? 

 

 

Yet someone else posted a nice $400` savings for Summit in May.. but no way to compare what they started at???

 

Maybe  dh and I  need to take a class???

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I know that the price for sky suites on our Edge sailing (March 15) has gone down. I just checked again today to see what the difference was from what we were quoted in May ($6295) and it's almost $1000 less for an S3 or a suite guarantee.

I saw a price difference last week, and Celebrity allowed us to upgrade from S3 to S1. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I no longer work, I scour the sites for great deals. Others have been saying the X has outlandish prices recently and although I did find that to be the case by doing cursory glances, once I really started digging into X and only X there were many awesome deals to be found.

 

Most cruisers will not have our flexibility (husband has unlimited vacation time and no children), but if you do, keep on the lookout for these types of discounts:

 

5 night inside $179 with $350 obc (infinity)

7 night sky $1499 with $825 obc (equinox)

5 night sky $999 with $450 obc (infinity)

15 night sky $3299 with $1100 obc (mil)

 

Happy hunting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see these savings.    I just checked 9 bookings I have -  1 has dropped and I have requested a repricing while all of the others have gone up -   some substantially.

 

It would be a good idea for others to check their Edge pricing.   It appears the astronomical prices are starting to normalize.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rebooked a couple excursions for a November 2020 cruise due to price drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two lines on hold for Celebrity, one on hold for 40 minutes. We had a price drop worth 1000 and hoping to get through before it changes. I called yesterday but they were closed.

 

Any suggestions as to how to get through today?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have done well with excursion reductions.

2 cruises ago,   the rep  refunded the difference in OBC which was  ok with us,,very easy and little paperwork to manage.

 

Recently,  for another cuise, the  rep said she could not  do it that way b/c it was a sale..So we had  paperwork for cancellations and re-purchases, and credits and additions  on our credit card.  It  was worth it for the savings,  and it did all check out.,.but involved more effort.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to see these savings.    I just checked 9 bookings I have -  1 has dropped and I have requested a repricing while all of the others have gone up -   some substantially.

 

It would be a good idea for others to check their Edge pricing.   It appears the astronomical prices are starting to normalize.

 

No luck with  any APEX   reduction..

 

We booked early for a  7 day Carib cruise, in a Sunset Veranda ( deck 9 middle),   The fare is  $1679 pp, $500 dep is refundable. Fare included a $100 discount with  3 perks...300 OBC, grats and Classic bev,..Total is 3, 268

 

Today the Sunset Veranda with  1 perk and non ref dep is $1479 pp..Sounds great but not really for what you don't get. Today, the Sunset Veranda with the same  3 perks we have,  & ref $500 deposit,  was $4, 685,  plus this was a Deck 7 non middle veranda..  On  EDGE were on deck 7 , SV  ( middle)..Higher up is better!  Much higher price than our orig price.

 

So obviously we will stick with what we booked originally.

We usually book early so maybe that's why these  newer deals  usually don't work out for us????  But it still pays to check prices!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hcat said:

I went over the pricing I found for our May Summit 2020 cruise on a related thread about Double Savings..hocus pocus? 

 

 

Yet someone else posted a nice $400` savings for Summit in May.. but no way to compare what they started at???

 

Maybe  dh and I  need to take a class???

That was me!  To give you an idea, we started in Aqua class A1 cabin originally just about $3300, re priced with the Sail beyond dropped it to 3018 and added another perk.  Then yesterday with the double beyond sail it reprised down to 2618. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mom2labs said:

That was me!  To give you an idea, we started in Aqua class A1 cabin originally just about $3300, re priced with the Sail beyond dropped it to 3018 and added another perk.  Then yesterday with the double beyond sail it reprised down to 2618. 

You did well. 

For now we have decided to stop price checking .

It is too stressful, disruptive and time consuming..Hoping after awhile things stabilize.  Til then we are good through 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

Since I no longer work, I scour the sites for great deals. Others have been saying the X has outlandish prices recently and although I did find that to be the case by doing cursory glances, once I really started digging into X and only X there were many awesome deals to be found.

 

Most cruisers will not have our flexibility (husband has unlimited vacation time and no children), but if you do, keep on the lookout for these types of discounts:

 

5 night inside $179 with $350 obc (infinity)

7 night sky $1499 with $825 obc (equinox)

5 night sky $999 with $450 obc (infinity)

15 night sky $3299 with $1100 obc (mil)

 

Happy hunting!

 

Wow, those are great deals.  These deals might be gone already.  When was the date for the Equinox deal? 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

 

Wow, those are great deals.  These deals might be gone already.  When was the date for the Equinox deal? 

 

Thanks 

Yes, the two top ones are last minute cruises and gone. The last two are in 2022 and 2021. The Infinity has several sailings at that rate, so we decided on a b2b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this from a TA I deal with.  Not bad for 12 days at all on equinox.  Plus refundable I chose the equinox, dates work better

 

Celebrity Equinox sailing for 12 nights beginning on 11/07/2021.

 Please find your cruise quote in USD for 2 guests, inclusive of all taxes and port fees.

 Deluxe Balcony (category 2B) = $2940.76 total for 2 guests.  .

Concierge Class (category C3) = $3360.76 total for 2 guests.  rates. 

Aqua Class (category A2) = $4400.76 total for 2 guests. . 

 PERKS:Choose 3 perks from the list below:

 

-Classic Beverage Package

-Free Gratuities

-Unlimited Wi-Fi for 2 devices

-$300 onboard credit

 

 

Celebrity Edge sailing for 10 nights beginning on 11/12/2021. 

Please find your cruise quote in USD for 2 guests, inclusive of all taxes and port fees.

 Edge Infinite Balcony (category E4) = $3626.62 total for 2 guests.  

Concierge Class (category C3) = $4226.62 total for 2 guests.   

Aqua Class (category A2) = $4886.62 total for 2 guests. 

 

PERKS:

 

Choose 3 perks from the list below:

 

-Classic Beverage Package

-Free Gratuities

-Unlimited Wi-Fi for 2 devices

-$300 onboard credit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked a 10 day Ireland/Island cruise on the Reflection for May 18th, 2020 a few months ago (via a German online TA). We started with an Aqua Class cabin for 2,200 € (ca. 2,450 $) per person. Then prices dropped and we changed to a S1 Sky Suite (the nice aft Corner one) for 3,800 € with all for perks. Then prices dropped again and we were down to 3,100 € p.p.. And this funny game went on, before Xmas we were down at 2,600 €. Every time we asked our TA to get the lower Price for us which never was a problem. 🙂

And guess what: Today I checked again (it starts to get a hobby 😉 ) and the S1 is down to 2,167 € now. DH wrote an email to our TA again and we will probably see tomorrow whether we also get that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked Edge for March 29 in a S2 (only $50 p/p more than S3).

 

First time in a suite on Celebrity.  Never thought we needed one on X, but we really felt we would miss Sky Lounge, and loved the Yacht Club on MSC, so we'll let you know how the Retreat compares.😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suite Gty for Edge on 3/29......check it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, hulamoon said:

I have two lines on hold for Celebrity, one on hold for 40 minutes. We had a price drop worth 1000 and hoping to get through before it changes. I called yesterday but they were closed.

 

Any suggestions as to how to get through today?

 

 

No suggestions for calling as I have been on hold quite a bit today.  I did do the live chat.  Not sure that was so stellar for what I needed but maybe you will have better luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got through! Total wait time 65 minutes. I did seem to prove they answered the line I was on longest first. It was the longest ever but it was also a holiday.

 

Good news cruise went down three times since I booked it. Bad news, it’s a bit of a game to have to continuously call in and change the price.

Edited by hulamoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hulamoon said:

I got through! Total wait time 65 minutes. I did seem to prove they answered the line I was on longest first. It was the longest ever but it was also a holiday.

 

Good news cruise went down three times since I booked it. Bad news, it’s a bit of a game to have to continuously call in and change the price.

 

When I called, I was shocked to have someone pick up right away.  No wait except pressing buttons x,y, etc.  No fun having to wait that long.

 

As for deals,  there were a couple of attractive deals but I would have to move from a refundable to a non refundable in order to save some $$$.   Not worth it in my view.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mafig said:

Suite Gty for Edge on 3/29......check it out!

 

Wow, great deal!   I'm limited in 2020.  I have my first grandbabies coming mid March & mid May so can't cruise during those months.  I guess you can find deals if you're flexible and check daily.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:46 PM, wallysdtr said:

No suggestions for calling as I have been on hold quite a bit today.  I did do the live chat.  Not sure that was so stellar for what I needed but maybe you will have better luck. 

 

 I was on hold yesterday for over an hour, I hung up and called back, pressed option for a new booking, connected in 2 minutes, explained my issue, they advised that they have a priority line to Service dept. transferred me, I was connected in less than 5 minutes ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...