Any Great Deals Found Today?

taylortime05

9 hours ago, teecee60 said:

April of 2021...16 nights on the Reflection from Florida to Amsterdam for $735pp.

I absolutely LOVE reading threads by people complaining about high prices.

Is it a deal to a person who doesn't want to go there in that time frame, cabin type, or not at all?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Is it a deal to a person who doesn't want to go there in that time frame, cabin type, or not at all?

Is it not a deal to a person who does? Or is yours the ONLY opinion that ever matters?

Edited by teecee60

On 2/2/2020 at 3:29 AM, crusinthrough said:

I had the b2b but thought the 2 day wasn't a good deal.  Perhaps it will go down.  

I missed the $699 sale.  I wasn't checking prices because I thought $999 was a good deal.  I now have to add it to my list of dates to check but I noticed the fare has gone up so it may not go down that far again but you never know. 

The b2b we are doing is the consecutive 5-night cruises. We also passed on the 2-night.

Just keep checking. They don't last, but sometimes there really is a huge reduction.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, taylortime05 said:

I am disappointed that I can't find any deals in 2021 or 2022.  I have 2 cruises I booked on board in Dec and I wanted to find a great deal and transfer to a TA to get extra OBC.  I did this last year around same time and found some good prices with group rates with our TA. 

We just booked from Jan 31-Feb 10, 2022 on Infinity for $140 pp/pd for a sky with $800 obc. Keep looking for great deals.

7 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

We just booked from Jan 31-Feb 10, 2022 on Infinity for $140 pp/pd for a sky with $800 obc. Keep looking for great deals.

Is this deal still available?  I’ve been trying to browse the Celebrity site for deals in 2021 and 2022.  It feels like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Appreciate any tips you could provide.

8 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Is this deal still available?  I’ve been trying to browse the Celebrity site for deals in 2021 and 2022.  It feels like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Appreciate any tips you could provide.

Nope. It's one of those things that you have to keep looking for every day!

The tips are to find a big box TA online. Do a custom search, sort by cabin type and a low/high on price, date, etc. Just keep tweaking based on what you are trying to find. Although it seems like a lot of work, after a few tries it becomes second habit and is quick.

You will be amazed at the bargains you can find if you aren't super picky. Yes, having to book years out might not get you the very best of the best deals, but they are still out there to be snapped up. Once we got an inside for less than $20 pd, but that was last minute. Another time we got the second nicest cabin two years out for $150 pd.

Edited by FeliciaLee
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

The tips are to find a big box TA online. Do a custom search, sort by cabin type and a low/high on price, date, etc. Just keep tweaking based on what you are trying to find. Although it seems like a lot of work, after a few tries it becomes second habit and is quick.

You will be amazed at the bargains you can find if you aren't super picky. Yes, having to book years out might not get you the very best of the best deals, but they are still out there to be snapped up. Once we got an inside for less than $20 pd, but that was last minute. Another time we got the second nicest cabin two years out for $150 pd.

What do you consider as the 2nd nicest cabin? On Solstice class and Millennium class I guess that would be a Royal Suite.

21 minutes ago, sonnycruises said:

What do you consider as the 2nd nicest cabin? On Solstice class and Millennium class I guess that would be a Royal Suite.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. This was on HAL and is called a neptune suite.

10 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

I have been having such a hard time using these websites - Cru----- or Cost---.  I guess that by big box TA you mean Cost--.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a custom search.  

13 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I have been having such a hard time using these websites - Cru----- or Cost---.  I guess that by big box TA you mean Cost--.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a custom search.  

It's not either of them. It's three words starting with V. Just click 'custom search' and you are good to go. Even when they aren't the lowest price available with the greatest obc, they are a good starting point to look up a specific cruise price on another site.

Good luck!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

It's not either of them. It's three words starting with V. Just click 'custom search' and you are good to go. Even when they aren't the lowest price available with the greatest obc, they are a good starting point to look up a specific cruise price on another site.

Good luck!

This is often my starting strategy as well. 

• Like 2

We booked Celebrity Constellation while on board Summit last week for May 2021 - 10 nights Greek Islands from Venice, inside cabin,cruise only

drinks package and $650 OBC -  £1,335 per person

We have not been in an inside cabin for many years but we were so impressed with the new re-fit on Summit we decided to book it - we have money left  for another holiday now and I am still cruising - Happy Days 😊

• Like 2

I often browse that site but having just recently booked a cruise and got a great deal I thought I would look up the price on there. What a surprise that the headline prices and then their discounted price were nothing like what the cruise was advertised for.

The supposed original prices appear to be artificially inflated to make their prices look great but when you know different because you have followed the cruise price it just seems very sharp practice.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, 2206 said:

The second and third words of your cc name are also the second and third words of the online travel agent. I use them as a search engine, also. 

On 2/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, killsport said:

And you really should go on many VACATIONS 🙂

Thank you.....I get it now!!!  
Diane

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Mommy said:

Do you know if we can access and use this site in the UK?

Yes you can. They are happy to work with Brits. However,  depending on the cruise line some will add a hefty surcharge to bookings from the UK, Holland America being one? They will tell you up front if that is the case though, plus taxes etc are not shown on the search price like they are in the uk? We've used them in the past and had no issues. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, teecee60 said:

April of 2021...16 nights on the Reflection from Florida to Amsterdam for $735pp.

I absolutely LOVE reading threads by people complaining about high prices.

That's certainly not a high price. But wouldn't work for me on two levels. Too many sea days as it's a TA. I'd have gone stir crazy by day three or four. And it's an inside so I couldn't enjoy my cabin no matter how cheap it was. 

Maybe in the future I'll like the idea of TA's and TP's but not right now. 

For anyone who thinks Teecee60's prices of $46 pppn are outrageously over priced you could also look at Connie on 01/04.20 sailing out of Dubai from a far more reasonable $30 pppn. 

You even get a token $25 obc! lol

Connie.jpg

Edited by Moby Jones
  • Like 1