finally got a good deal on the edge I think

Bjbilly

have the money to go on the edge for a long time but I thought the price was really high so now I got to deal through a ta for $3,208 for 2 on a 7 day cruise on April 5th it came with 4 perks including the premium beverage package and $750 onboard credit what do you think I think it's a good deal but it is only seven days

• Like 3

We got an E3 IV balcony on that same sailing with the four perks and $700 OBC for a total of $2604 during the Veteran's Day sale.

Is that for an ocean view with veranda?  I wish Edge had some regular verandas aside from the limited number of sunset verandas.

Edited by hiccups

I think it's a good rate but I haven't been on it yet. I'll be on the Edge the week before your cruise. I booked a Sky suite for 2 with 4 perks but with 300.00 OBC for $4,837.00. I went with the cruise insurance which added on $458.00. I'm excited to try Celebrity for the first time. We've only cruised on RCCL the past 15 years and never in an actual suite. 

Just now, ginrom said:

I think it's a good rate but I haven't been on it yet. I'll be on the Edge the week before your cruise. I booked a Sky suite for 2 with 4 perks but with 300.00 OBC for $4,837.00. I went with the cruise insurance which added on $458.00. I'm excited to try Celebrity for the first time. We've only cruised on RCCL the past 15 years and never in an actual suite. 

That sailing seemed to have some good rates, even better than the April 5th sailing--I remember people posting about the pricing they got during the Veteran's Day sale.

Ginrom, I believe I’m on the same sailing as you on the Edge (March 29/20). My friends and I booked an IV balcony guarantee for $2663 for 2 which included 4 perks with $825 OBC (some courtesy of our TA). We have already received our cabin assignment on deck 7 that we are happy with. My friends and I thought we got an awesome deal! Can’t wait!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If you think it's a good deal, then it's a good deal.  How much is it to sail on an S-class ship for the same period?  That's might be a good comparison.

Because we sailed on Equinox in June and liked it, when the Veteran's Day sale started, we priced the April 4th Equinox sailing, and I was surprised it was only about $25 less PP (balcony cabin) than Edge for the April 5th sailing (IV cabin).  The Edge sailings in March (at least the last two) were even cheaper.  I was bummed we couldn't book one of them because of work, but we still got a great price for the April 5th cruise when compared to Equinox.

That April 4th Equinox sailing is the same itinerary we did in June, and it was almost $300 less PP than we paid in June (both cruises with four perks).  I had thought the price we paid in June was good, but now it seems it wasn't as good as I thought it was 🙂  That was our first X cruise so I hadn't been following prices.

It's difficult to compare prices for sailings at different times of the year, you may have getting good prices on both sailings 😀.  If there's a small premium between the Edge and the Equinox it might be good to try the Edge if you're interested.  Enjoy your spring cruise.

Sounds like great deals, but can I ask - how is everyone getting massive OBC? For our upcoming 9 day cruise on the Silho in AQ we have $350 for OBC. $300 from Celebrity promo and +$50 from TA. While $350 is nice - it’s not $700 or $825. 😀

Whats your secret? Knowing we can’t discuss specific TAs or cruise booking companies. 

15 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Sounds like great deals, but can I ask - how is everyone getting massive OBC? For our upcoming 9 day cruise on the Silho in AQ we have $350 for OBC. $300 from Celebrity promo and +$50 from TA. While $350 is nice - it’s not $700 or $825. 😀

Whats your secret? Knowing we can’t discuss specific TAs or cruise booking companies. 

Some mentioned booking during the veterans day sale which came with OBC which was separate from the OBC perk.  Some TA offer more OBC than others too.

21 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Many TAs provide OBC up to about 7 to 10 percent of the value of the cruise.  Some TAs may provide a gift card of similar value after the cruise.  Maybe you need a new TA.

36 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

It’s all the luck of the draw.  We booked a 4/12 Edge onboard during the Veterans Day Sail.  Fare is for 2 in an AQ cabin $3,368 (taxes and fees included)  as well as the 4 perks from X .  Also another $450 OBC from Celebrity and OBC $262 from our TA.

Edited by Oville

Wow! Orville - that is an awesome deal! Thanks everyone for insights.

I thought our OBC was pretty good at being close to 10% of cabin cost - looks like better deals are to be had depending on timing, the TA and keeping an eye out for promos.

Thanks all!

50 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Wow! Orville - that is an awesome deal! Thanks everyone for insights.

I thought our OBC was pretty good at being close to 10% of cabin cost - looks like better deals are to be had depending on timing, the TA and keeping an eye out for promos.

Thanks all!

And then there are the bad deals.  We booked an S3 last year for our upcoming cruise in January on Edge.  A couple of weeks ago an S1 was going for about $1,000 less after final payment than we paid.  Good news we changed our cabin to an S1, bad news for the same price we paid for the S3.  We knew this going in so we are thrilled with our new cabin and no complaints.

Bottom line, it is so hit and miss.

Edited by Oville

11 hours ago, Oville said:

It’s all the luck of the draw.  We booked a 4/12 Edge onboard during the Veterans Day Sail.  Fare is for 2 in an AQ cabin $3,368 (taxes and fees included)  as well as the 4 perks from X .  Also another $450 OBC from Celebrity and OBC $262 from our TA.

Wow, how did you get an additional $450 OBC from X beyond the $300 from the perk?  Onboard booking bonus?  Great deal!

@bye-seaya, we got the $300 OBC as the perk, and the Veteran's Day sale offered another $200 OBC.  Then our TA threw in another $200.  That $200 is refundable so we don't plan on spending it.  If your TA is giving you close to 10% in OBC, that's pretty good!

We are also on the 3/29/20 Edge sailing. All in was about $2,500 with all four perks in concierge class with $825 OBC. That sailing and the first week of April had some great prices for a few days. That surprised me given it’s still spring break season. There are still a significant amount of open cabins for the 29th. We usually cruise in February so this one has me a little nervous about the number of kids onboard,  but it was about half the cost of February options so the decision was made. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We are also on the 3/29/20 Edge sailing. All in was about $2,500 with all four perks in concierge class with $825 OBC. That sailing and the first week of April had some great prices for a few days. That surprised me given it’s still spring break season. There are still a significant amount of open cabins for the 29th. We usually cruise in February so this one has me a little nervous about the number of kids onboard,  but it was about half the cost of February options so the decision was made. 

Fantastic deal!  I saw those great prices and was disappointed we couldn't book that cruise (work commitments that week).  Because Easter is on April 12th, you might not have as many kids as you think--more schools would be likely to schedule for the following week because of Good Friday on the 10th.  That means we'll have them on our sailing  🙂 

36 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Also sailing Edge 3/29...same thoughts about kids..we shall see.

We got a great deal as well..sailing on Feb 9/20...E3- IV balcony with 4 Perks and $700 OBC for CAD $3402. This was the Veterans Day sale. Part of the OBC was the Captain’s Club Edge Promotion of $100 per person. The Veteran’s Day sale was much better than the US Thanksgiving sale.