Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ian441672

Just added Best.Sale.Ever to existing cruise - seems good?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I believe the Best2DG and Best2DW (note the insertion of "2") are only for fares that already have the other perk already -- Wifi for the Best2DG and gratuities for Best2DW. IOW they are not intended to let you pick and choose, but only to make up the difference so you cruise will be all-inclusive.

 

Wishing you luck applying add-ons down under!

I would verify this - I've been able to apply the Best 2DG to many cruises that had other promos with no WiFi promo - just OBC or whatevers...

It was a pick & choose for us. But, we are not down under.... Still, I love the Vegemite!

 

Edited by CruiseVA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, good, I was wrong about that!

 

I added the ones to "complete" what I had because I wanted all three, but I did see the document intended for TAs that seemed to indicate what I said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just added this deal on to our already booked Jan. 2021 cruise on the Enchanted, $40 a day for a drink package (which also includes free wifi and prepaid gratuities is an amazing deal!! Compared to Princesses regular $72.00 a day pp drink package, Have never seen Princess offer these prices!! 🍹🥂🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pharry said:

Thank you for the additional information, based on this it doesnt seem as though it will apply to us. Thanks again for the info 🤔

Pharry,

Unfortunately we come the "Land Down Under", where Princess is not so kind to us. Whilst we currently have a similar Best Sale Ever, ours only has WiFi and Drinks Package included. Alas, possibly because there is no Gratuities for Australian based Cruises, we don't get free Gratuities, which would make it worthwhile for those that do not partake in Alcohol, and taking non-Australian Based Cruises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fosters1951 said:

Pharry,

Unfortunately we come the "Land Down Under", where Princess is not so kind to us. Whilst we currently have a similar Best Sale Ever, ours only has WiFi and Drinks Package included. Alas, possibly because there is no Gratuities for Australian based Cruises, we don't get free Gratuities, which would make it worthwhile for those that do not partake in Alcohol, and taking non-Australian Based Cruises. 

Thanks Fosters 1951, apparentley our cruise, which is to Alaska doesnt qualify for the Best Sale Ever benifits because no packages were "on sale" when we booked. It seems it doesnt always pay to book your cruise 12 months out. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

We wanted this but our cruise leaves on 19 March 😢

Ours leaves on 7 March. Our travel agent organised it for us on Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

Ours leaves on 7 March. Our travel agent organised it for us on Thursday. 

Says in the t&cs it is applicable for cruises from April 2020 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see that the deal is for departures up to April 2022 but I can’t see a start date. You should speak to your travel agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, Scubadoc said:

I would love to add this to our cruise January 16. Is it still true that this only works on cruises after March?

 

They extended it to cruises sailing before April just after Christmas. I phoned twice and was told it was not eligible for my cruise in March, both times though I was told they were adding sailings all the time so try again. I successfully added it at the end of December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

I can see that the deal is for departures up to April 2022 but I can’t see a start date. You should speak to your travel agent.

Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020

Someone said they had it added for their 7th March cruise 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Someone said they had it added for their 7th March cruise 🤔

 

Ive added it for 22nd March cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also added to my cruise leaving on the 22nd. I phoned Iglu just before Christmas Eve and managed to get it added on although it was my 2nd attempt at trying they told me the 1st time it was not valid on my sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BexLulu said:

 

They extended it to cruises sailing before April just after Christmas. I phoned twice and was told it was not eligible for my cruise in March, both times though I was told they were adding sailings all the time so try again. I successfully added it at the end of December.

yes, pays to keep checking back … often

 

one day our little 5 day next November was at 'full price' no promotions (12/12)

 

next day - price dropped by $100 , plus "Getaway" promotion was added - so we did a 'temp hold' (12/13)

 

next day BSE was available, so after reading all the threads on CC, I called and was able to add BEST2DG and paid the $100 NON-refundable deposit to lock it in (12/14 … Saturday … by calling the 1-800 and getting a great rep who happened to know about the ability to 'add-on')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, Married15 said:

I also called to "add" Best Sale Ever to my existing reservation. I was told by Princess that can not be done. After reading through threads on CC, I knew that it could. I told the rep the code to use and he was shocked that it worked. I guess that we all learn something new every day. For us, it added an extra $600 to the fare, however on a 10 day $300 would be gratuities so for $150pp or $15 per day we scored the drink package. That is a win in my book! Thank you Cruise Critic!

 

I also caught this add on for MAy 2020, TA said extra $630 but I’m still waiting for my invoice with added perks and total due (added Dec 12th, original booking made Dec 9th).  Person who cleared everything with Princess is not the person I am dealing with at this point, maybe they don’t know how to do it....If you don’t mind me asking, would you mind sharing the code?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My TA said she was told by Princess that the promotion was only for cruises after April 2020, mine is Feb 2.

Can I request directly with Princess or do I have to go thru TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure, I would think since you booked through TA, everything would have to be done through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, Scubadoc said:

I would love to add this to our cruise January 16. Is it still true that this only works on cruises after March?

Yes that is what the policy says if you look for the outline conditions of the sale .  book another cruise after March ! lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Aruba<3 said:

 

I also caught this add on for MAy 2020, TA said extra $630 but I’m still waiting for my invoice with added perks and total due (added Dec 12th, original booking made Dec 9th).  Person who cleared everything with Princess is not the person I am dealing with at this point, maybe they don’t know how to do it....If you don’t mind me asking, would you mind sharing the code?  

The codes are posted further back in this thread :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PTA rocks! I had a 3 for Free... promo... but it had a non refundable... but by calling in they could give me a refundable deposit (using future cruise credits) then they added a free dinner for 2... with a price drop for like a 3 day sale.. and we upgraded our category for $25 total.... AND was given a choice of rooms when all there were was guaranteed cabins. So, called today and for $175 per person... we got the Free drink package and internet in addition to all of our other goodies! I had zero clue that was an option, but our guy made it happen. For us, $25 a day is less than 3 drinks which we could easily do. so YAY! I love working with the Princess Travel Agents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today our TA got the drinks, internet, gratuities package added to our 19th March 18 day cruise in a minisuite.  Cost £630 per person but think we will get our value out of it as we have 8 seadays and no nasty onboard account at the end of it 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...