Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

whitshel

It's January and time for another cruise.  We are at the airport in San Diego right now waiting for our flight to to FLL.  Our cruise leaves tomorrow heading for San Juan, St Thomas and St Martin. This will be more of a picture review than a lot talking but if you have any questions I will try and get them answered or if you want any pics of anything let me know. 

I am not getting the wifi package but we have 3 if us in our cabin and we are elite so we'll all have 90 mins of internet plus we have 2 ports in the US so we can use our phone plans.

We are Elite with Celebrity due to being Diamond with Rccl but I think we have turned the corner and choose Celebrity as our line of choice. We have been on the Eclipse, Equinox and the Summit and especially like the S class ships. We have a 1A cabin on deck 8 that I will post pics of, it's the bigger of balconies.

This is us 😃

20180112_140951.jpg

• Like 3

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza at the Port tonight, we plan on going to Sawgrass Mills today to hit the Ron Jon shop and probably Grand Lux Cafe. 

We are really going chill this cruise, we may not even go to the main dinning room. We do have reservations for Lawn Club Grill the 1st night so we're looking forward to that. Other than that we are just going to wing it. 

Ports, San Juan we will be doing a walking and eating tour and St Thomas we have a private catamaran tour for 11 of us.  St Martin, we have nothing no planned. 

Time to board. Talk to ya later!

Enjoy!

My friends and I were on Reflection in 2017...same ports that you will be doing.  It was an amazing trip.  I have also just booked the Reflection TA for 2021...can't get here soon enough.

Bon voyage.

Susan

I am really looking forward to following along with your cruise/posts as we join the reflection on the 20th Jan, It’ll be interesting to hear you’re thoughts on the cruise, 

I’ve done a “live from” thread a few times so I really appreciate all the work that goes into it, any info you can report/post would be greatly appreciated, 

hope you have a great cruise 😊👍🏻

We enjoyed Reflection in May and June, 2019, on a B2B sailing to Norway and Iceland from Dublin. We will enjoy her again on a January 20 sailing to the ABC islands, Cartagena and Grand Cayman. Like her S class sister ships, she will provide you with a warm welcome, a hospitable, comfortable vacation home and an overall enjoyable cruising experience. Actually, you won't be able to avoid having a good time.

Consider Maho Beach in St. Maarten if nothing else comes about. 

Will be following along as well.    Very familiar with the S class ships but this is first time we will sail Reflection.   We board on the 10th for a B2B.    Happy sailing!

We have made it to FLL!  Woohoo!!

But we did get this 😲 ughhh

Your checked bag will arrive on a later flight to Fort Lauderdale. Please head toward the baggage claim area and our baggage service representatives will assist you to arrange delivery or pickup. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Bag: 3016104390

38 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Your checked bag will arrive on a later flight to Fort Lauderdale. Please head toward the baggage claim area and our baggage service representatives will assist you to arrange delivery or pickup. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, because of your close connection in Houston your bag did not make it. They will deliver it to your hotel when it arrives. Getting in at least one day before your cruise departure really helps in this situation. 

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

Glad you made it!  See you tomorrow!

Will be following your report. Thanks for doing this. We will be onboard Reflection at the end of February to sail to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. A couple of questions I would love to know the answers to.

1. Is Giuseppe still the cruise director? If he is, and you see him, ask him if he will still be there for Mardi Gras. We were on Reflection in Iceland in June and he was GREAT
  2. If are walking through the World Class Bar on Deck 5, see if Olexi is still the bartender. If he is, ask for one of his "special" drinks and then let me know if he is still there. 

Again, don't go out of your way to do this but if you are walking through, I would love to know.

Jim

5 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Will be following your report. Thanks for doing this. We will be onboard Reflection at the end of February to sail to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. A couple of questions I would love to know the answers to.

1. Is Giuseppe still the cruise director? If he is, and you see him, ask him if he will still be there for Mardi Gras. We were on Reflection in Iceland in June and he was GREAT
  2. If are walking through the World Class Bar on Deck 5, see if Olexi is still the bartender. If he is, ask for one of his "special" drinks and then let me know if he is still there. 

Again, don't go out of your way to do this but if you are walking through, I would love to know.

Jim

Ok what’s the special drink?, we plan to use our PBP as much as possible!😀 Nice to hear about new possibilities!

30 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Ok what’s the special drink?, we plan to use our PBP as much as possible!😀 Nice to hear about new possibilities!

When we did the Ireland-Iceland 12 night we made friends with Olexi. He is awesome. One night I couldn't make up mind what I wanted. He asked what I liked. Not drinks, just flavors. He then went into a private notebook and made me a totally personalized drink. He also refused to make it for anyone else, including my bride. The next night he did it again but a completely different drink. 

The next night he said he had one in mind but he didn't have the right ingredients so he wrote me a note and sent me to the bartenders in the Martini Bar. They poured me two shots of what he was looking for, I went back and Olexi made me an amazing cocktail. The guy just rocks. I am adding his pic so you can see who to look for. If he's there, sit at the bar. He's hilarious to talk to.

Jim

IMG_1870.thumb.jpg.b2f90e7de245830e7c27f68f034afb0f.jpg

Edited by DrKoob
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Unfortunately, because of your close connection in Houston your bag did not make it. They will deliver it to your hotel when it arrives. Getting in at least one day before your cruise departure really helps in this situation. 

Ya I actually received the text while we were landing 🤣. But it was there by 6 pm