Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

1 minute ago, zencruisers said:

I am enjoying your pictures and  commentary. Thank you for taking the time to share. 🙂

Appreciate you being out there!!!  Off to Paradise Beach club. First time. 

4 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Appreciate you being out there!!!  Off to Paradise Beach club. First time. 

I looking forward to hearing what you think. We have been to Mr Sancho's a few times. We will be in Cozumel in April and may have to try a new place. 

Paradise Beach Club is Paradise!!  The girls agreed this is the prettiest place we’ve been in a while and they are pretty well traveled. We opted for the pay-as-you-go option. What a deal. Only $3 entrance fee and they ask you to spend $10 each. We came hungry so that wasn’t a problem. We shared two nachos. The bean and cheese nachos were $9.50 and the supreme nachos $11.50. Both good. So much better than the $20 nachos yesterday!  Tons of real melted cheese. The girls are drinking from the $6 drink special menu. So far have tried a winded, Mexican Gatorade, monkey punch and fuzzy navel. How that for vacation!  We came late so they actually recommended the $3 option. The AI is $64pp. $15 taxi for 4 to get here. 

Club is beautiful, beach seems to be typical Cozumel. Sand is a bit “shell-y” and water no where as pretty as Costa Maya. Here’s a few pics. 

05C62C7B-96EB-493C-97B2-04A308962F27.jpeg

FED633E8-2BEC-4476-A24B-A2D54E61BAD8.jpeg

FF49A0EC-23AD-4DE4-A758-38B4C0FCAEDB.jpeg

6936FD0B-1389-4E40-BB9C-B3888469D067.jpeg

2D9E477A-4017-4C64-BAF8-F6A9FEC0BF0B.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zencruisers said:

I looking forward to hearing what you think. We have been to Mr Sancho's a few times. We will be in Cozumel in April and may have to try a new place. 

We’ve been to Mr Sanchos too. We think this is much nicer!  More upscale feel. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Loving this so far and enjoying along with you.

I'm very interested in the evenings shows, how have you found them?  I think the NCL Sun show is World Beat, be intesrested to hear how you found them.

Thanks for the info on Paradise Beach Club. Will be in Cozumel on Epic in April and were deciding if would get off the ship. Had been to Passion Isle twice so now after seeing this will have to decide if want to go to Paradise. Oh the decisions😎

8 minutes ago, Jerseygich said:

Thanks for the info on Paradise Beach Club. Will be in Cozumel on Epic in April and were deciding if would get off the ship. Had been to Passion Isle twice so now after seeing this will have to decide if want to go to Paradise. Oh the decisions😎

We really recommend it!  Had a nice resort feel. Girls loved the huge fresh water pool and the palm trees just gave it the feel of paradise!  Service was great. If you need a beach/pool fix don’t think you can beat it!  Enjoy!!! 

23 minutes ago, jimdalva said:

I have read and enjoyed your review . We get on the day you get off, Jan 8. I will follow you right up till then.

Wish we were back to back!!!  Could definitely give it another go!  We’ll leave it in good shape for you. 

46 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi,

Loving this so far and enjoying along with you.

I'm very interested in the evenings shows, how have you found them?  I think the NCL Sun show is World Beat, be intesrested to hear how you found them.

We love shows too but dinner times have thrown us off. On Away class or the large RCCL, you have to book shows and we follow a schedule  well (they are good at doing what mom plans!). But with no reservations, we have not made one show!  And there is no comedy club. I’m not even sure what the show is tonight. We’ve not found the theatre. Sigh. 

Edited by L1211
Tpyo

13 minutes ago, L1211 said:

We love shows too but dinner times have thrown us off. On Away class or the large RCCL, you have to book shows and we follow a schedule  well (they are good at doing what mom plans!). But with no reservations, we have not made one show!  And there is no comedy club. I’m not even sure what the show is tonight. We’ve not found the theatre. Sigh. 

Haha, that's so funny, on our last trip on the Jade they had a comedian in the stardust theatre, he did a late night adult show towards the end of the cruise which was really good.

What an incredible evening. First Teppanyaki. It was exactly what you expect from Teppanyaki,

food good, chef entertaining, service excellent.  We paid al la carte tonight to save our packsge

for Cagney’s tomorrow. THe big winner was the PPBP!  I had TWO bottles of a great Chardonnay that I shared with my tablemates. A bachelorette party from NY. They helped make dinner all that much more special!!  I had all seafood. The rest of the Ham Fam has filet. Said It was incredibly tender. Enjoyed dinner. Teppanyaki is a family fav and it did not disappoint. 

FA16F07E-3E47-4EF9-98E7-4EA99D717488.jpeg

4D70A25C-F888-4C3D-9D4E-1ECE83931B2C.jpeg

• Like 2

Dinner was late sitting so we headed straight to the Glow party. The girls had fun dancing and the event seems to be a poolside success. Here’s what I don’t get. They had a family glow party 9-10:30. Then an adult event 10:30 on. The place was full of kids. We cruised when our kids were young and we didn’t take them to adult events. How would NCL feel if I showed up at Guppies with a margarita and said “I’m here to color.”  I’m guessing parents would lose their *****. Yet some feel comfortable leaving their children running through adult events. We won’t sail RCCL mega ships again for this reason. Bars were full of kids in the evenings. I find it odd going out drinking with children. It is totally YOUR vacation too. I think that Is why they have so many kids and family only things. Rant over. 

7110E16F-3B3F-4DBF-8371-3695A5BC7E75.jpeg

CE665CC0-CD43-467D-9E1A-310F8E74204A.jpeg

• Like 3

Another great night!  We closed the Glow party an took the party to Spinnakers for Adult Karaoke. Found a cruise mate who’d been at our beach club at Costa Maya. I love cruise friends!!  Closed Karaoke and we split up then. The oldest and DH went to play craps. Youngest and myself went to Bliss. The DH’s winnings at craps would almost pay.for one full cruise fare. He’s a craps hero about the boat. A lucky streak for sure. He is not a gambler. So that makes it all the more fun. Crap!  Tomorrow to give it all back...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for doing a small ship review!  With all the mega ships out there, these reviews are few & far between.  Also loving your review style!  Our very first fam cruise was on the Sun 13 years ago!  It’s fun to revisit the ship!

on a purely selfish note, wondering how your daughter likes UK?  Thinking of paying a visit there with my dad, who is a junior in HS (we live in N.C.) 😊

10 minutes ago, momofmab said:

Thank you for doing a small ship review!  With all the mega ships out there, these reviews are few & far between.  Also loving your review style!  Our very first fam cruise was on the Sun 13 years ago!  It’s fun to revisit the ship!

on a purely selfish note, wondering how your daughter likes UK?  Thinking of paying a visit there with my dad, who is a junior in HS (we live in N.C.) 😊

Your Dad is a junior in High School?   He must be a slow learner.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Haha 2