Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

Just now, Dawnya00 said:

You said you are missing Howl at the Moon. Is it not on the 5 day Sun? That’s one of my favorites! 

No Howl at the Moon. Our family fav too. But still looking for alternatives. Adult karaoke was pretty fun last night. It requires drinking. For any level of participation!!  More to come!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Le Bistro or Teppanyaki tonight?  We love both but only have a two night package...  MDR so good not sure enough want to pay $200 for dinner. Hmmm...

Selfishly,  I vote Le Bistro. I have that one reserved for my son and I. My husband will never go with me so I’m picking it for this cruise. I figure my son and get a steak and fries or go to the buffet later. I’m looking forward to the experience. 

4 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Made the HUGE mistake of glancing in a room being cleaned by our steward. Holy cow!  Our cabin would fit into the room twice. On our floor/hall just a few cabins down. OV with a full sized sofa BESIDE the king sized bed. And floor space the size of our cabin. Here’s our cabin for late comers. 

6938E68E-681F-4C26-826E-13D63137FDF8.jpeg

don't let it get you down, after your last post I did look at the floor plan and saw the cabins a few doors down were larger but it's not the end of the world, we spend no time in the room and I know you said you do but it's just a room.

14 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

don't let it get you down, after your last post I did look at the floor plan and saw the cabins a few doors down were larger but it's not the end of the world, we spend no time in the room and I know you said you do but it's just a room.

You are so right!!  But depressing that a quick internet search would have prevented this...  I’m an extensive planner who did zero planning for this trip!  We did two weeks, three countries and five stops in Europe this fall for our 25th anniversary and it was finely planned and ran perfectly!  I called a PPC at NCL and asked for help on this one. Ugh....  never again. 

• Like 2

Every seat taken at the sports bar!  Seems to be a Buffalo crowd. Go Bills!!!  The DH is long-suffering fan. Much fun!!  Did you know the sports bar doesn’t serve food during the day on the Sun?  Not an OSP substitute. Starts serving around 6 till 5am???  

3BC1A550-67C0-432E-BEEE-F22EF39DFCB6.jpeg

18 minutes ago, L1211 said:

And then this happened. Top shelf margarita. I found my new favorite bartender!  That and a majito. And fries. Carry out from Great Outdoors. 

5E554851-FA31-431A-8777-051A8578FCDE.jpeg

It's the little things that make life worth living!! Looks like you are having a great little break hanging out with your peeps!!

4 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

It's the little things that make life worth living!! Looks like you are having a great little break hanging out with your peeps!!

You are so right!!  A cruise has something f for everyone. I think that’s why it fits so well.  We never go to a sports bar to watch football at home and yet having a ball doing what the hubs loves!  Will move to fine dining and wine later. 

• Like 3

And my daughters said “we didn’t know there were this many Bill’s fans!”  Thinking their father was the only one!  And the Bills 10-0. At sea. With my family. This is why we cruise. 

E9102820-474E-4061-A0A9-91C188D0619D.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

I just noticed that they have Moet et Chandon Champagne by the bottle starred, that would be an acceptable "bottle at dinner" for me. Why dont you give that a try with your tablemates?

I might. We signed up the college sophomore DD to drink beer and wine.  She’s on her second beer!  But I wanted to let her have a glass of champagne at dinner. May give Moet a try tonight!! 

Really enjoying your updates. The Sun was our first cruise in 2014 and we’ve been on the Spirit, Jade, Escape and Bliss since then. We also have 50 days until we leave San Juan on the Epic hitting the southern Caribbean. While I’ve obviously been on some of the newer bigger ships I have to admit I’m looking forward to a future cruise back on the Sun.

1 minute ago, Nclcruise1415 said:

Really enjoying your updates. The Sun was our first cruise in 2014 and we’ve been on the Spirit, Jade, Escape and Bliss since then. We also have 50 days until we leave San Juan on the Epic hitting the southern Caribbean. While I’ve obviously been on some of the newer bigger ships I have to admit I’m looking forward to a future cruise back on the Sun.

Thank you!  Rough start with the room disappointment but we’re having a great time!! 

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I’m only entertaining myself with this live blog...  anyone out there??? Any questions on the Sun?  Not sure it is a terribly popular ship. 

I'm here! LOL. Enjoying your review, though I'm sad about your room disappointment - the Sun has a lot of "special" rooms (in all categories) that are worth knowing about when you book. My DH & I will be on her in a few weeks for our 5th time! She's one of our favorites for  nice relaxing cruise - not the biggest or fanciest, but has a lot of cool features including a great staff. We've had better bar service on the Sun than on the Epic, and some of the best stewards of any of our cruises! Afternoon coffee in the Great Outdoors Café, a relaxing walk around the Promenade deck, evening cocktails in the Observation Lounge (now called Spinnaker, I think) - so great. I also like that there is still a lot available to do without an upcharge. My only complaint is that I wish the entertainment were a little better - I love Howl at the Moon, too, and I don't know why they couldn't have it on the Sun.

Have fun with your family tonight! One of my best cruise memories was watching Thanksgiving football with my family on the Dawn - we had so much fun that we still refer to it as one of the best Thanksgivings ever!

Thanks for the menu & dailies pictures, too!

Loving this thread, we're on the Sun July 13th, cabins 6007 and 6008.  DH loves Alaska, and DS and I can spend quality time relaxing on a ship without a lot of hubbub. Looking forward to the walking track as well.

Enjoying following. May have to take a trip on the Sun.

A vlogger I watch lucked out with a really big inside cabin on that ship, but I think I would prefer your cabin with the window.

This is getting me excited for our cruise coming up the end of March. Wish us luck 🍀. We are sailing on Star, which is running slightly compromised at this time.

47 minutes ago, edspec said:

Loving this thread, we're on the Sun July 13th, cabins 6007 and 6008.  DH loves Alaska, and DS and I can spend quality time relaxing on a ship without a lot of hubbub. Looking forward to the walking track as well.

Not to be negative but I have been in these cabins before. Very rocky and loud in rough seas. I would definitely try to change to a higher deck not forward.

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

And my daughters said “we didn’t know there were this many Bill’s fans!”  Thinking their father was the only one!  And the Bills 10-0. At sea. With my family. This is why we cruise. 

E9102820-474E-4061-A0A9-91C188D0619D.jpeg

Overtime!!!  Means more Royal Caribbean ads.

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

And then this happened. Top shelf margarita. I found my new favorite bartender!  That and a majito. And fries. Carry out from Great Outdoors. 

5E554851-FA31-431A-8777-051A8578FCDE.jpeg

Is the top shelf marg part of the PBP or can you get it on the UBP?