Silhouette Revolution Drydock

dgraham

3 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Only 4 work days to go but tonight was late with a client meeting which finished at 7.45 and the same tomorrow evening. Getting too old for these 13+ hour days but plenty time to recover on holiday

Enjoy every moment...Our family holiday toast first night (always in Tuscan) is ‘To making it count...’ In this very busy world vacations are very precious.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Only 4 work days to go but tonight was late with a client meeting which finished at 7.45 and the same tomorrow evening. Getting too old for these 13+ hour days but plenty time to recover on holiday

Wow.  You have earned your vacation.  But do you think you enjoy your vacation more after those grueling days?  

3 hours ago, NanaChar said:

Wow.  You have earned your vacation.  But do you think you enjoy your vacation more after those grueling days?  

It is just a timing thing. Our tax return deadline is 31 January and there are always meetings I can't fit in during January. Because I leave on Tuesday It all has to be fitted in before I go. It will soon be the weekend and the lovely task of packing. Then only one more work day!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

I’ve been stalking Silly and noticed she has not “reported” in almost a day.  Is this common?

Depends on what website you use and whether you subscribe to "enhanced" features.  For example, the "free" access to marinetraffic.com provides updates on ships whose AIS transponders are received by land-based AIS stations.  There are also satellite-based receivers, but getting that full information requires an additional paid subscription.  However, these ships still appear on the marinetraffic.com map, but with no specific identifying information.

For example, I have been tracking Silly, and the ship shown in blue (which is the color for cruise ships) is Silly.  It's easy to find Silly in the open Atlantic this time of year since it's one of the few cruise ships heading across the Atlantic.  Most other ships are freighters & tankers, etc.

image.thumb.png.1c347427949103ef4c58817d85cb19e6.png

5 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

Thank you.  I've been using the free version of Marine Traffic.  I figured there was an explanation.  Does anyone know if they are picking up VIPs on Freeport for a First Look?  

I'm also using the free version, and that shows the ships being tracked via satellite but without the specific identifying information.  I assume anyone paying for the additional service gets all ship info just like when a ship is picked up by a land-based AIS receiver.

I too am curious about the Freeport stop.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:15 AM, NanaChar said:

Thank you.  I've been using the free version of Marine Traffic.  I figured there was an explanation.  Does anyone know if they are picking up VIPs on Freeport for a First Look?  

You may want to try Cruismapper dot com.  You will get continuous coverage

36 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

Please don’t call the officials on us.  I promise to get treatment for it, after our cruise is over.

Unfortunately there is only one way to cure the addiction for stalking a cruise ship..... book another cruise on a different ship😉

1048629354_SillytoUS.thumb.jpg.460f108b9a0b2636a2459bfdd16c4e34.jpg

She's nearly across

Curious they haven’t turned on the App access yet. Maybe they’ll wait until they set sail tomorrow? You’d think they’d want to release it beforehand and make sure it’s working. At least, I’m assuming the ship will be App applicable after its retrofit. Who knows...maybe that’s a later addition?

Edited by lizinindy
Grammar