Live from the 2020 Grand World Voyage

Scrapnana

53 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Snort and I arrived home a couple of hours ago. 3 flights, 18 hours actual flying time, 17 hours of wait time in airports. Total : 35 hours. 

exhausted but happy to be back in my home country. 

So, so glad to know you are home, Sherita!! 

Rest up and stay healthy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

Glad you and the guys are home.  I trust you made them more comfortable than the way poor Snort was yesterday!😉

Kathi!!

Both Snort and Ollie got great window seats in business class for our flight to Los Angeles. 

359D0891-D780-41E6-A5F1-1C55397B656D.jpeg

• Like 4

Kathi, glad to hear that you made it home.  You just take care of yourself and get rested up.  It will probably be a day or two before your inner clock catches up with all that travel.  We are just glad to hear that you are home safe.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Pleased to know that you are safely home.  Flying Business Class helps to cushion your unfortunate experience.

I assume this is directed towards Sherita.  Kathi was  in cattle class.

Roy

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  Here is my final post.

March 24, 2020

The Long Road Home – Part 4

After walking all over Terminal C at DFW, I decided to have Chick-fil-a for lunch.  I ate over by the charging station so I had a flat place to put my food and could charge my iPad at the same time - all of the seating in the restaurants was closed.  A TSA agent was sitting across from me and she started a conversation about the virus and how parents will now have a much better idea about how their children really behave.

There were machines where you could make changes to your reservations so I traded my mid-row seat for an aisle. 

Boarding was supposed to begin at 5:55 but just a couple of minutes before that an announcement was made that there was no First Officer.  A few minutes later they announced they were looking for a replacement First Officer and hopefully would know something within 30 minutes.  At about 6:30 the announcement came that there was a First Officer and boarding would start soon.

Boarding did not take long since there were less than 40 people on the flight (plane holds 170).  When I got to check-in my seat had been changed from 29C to 19C (no idea why).  Most everyone had a row to themselves except in First Class where all (16) seats were full.

We had a drink and snacks soon after we took off and after that I slept for about an hour and a half.  I woke up when we started our descent.  We came in only about 15 minutes late.  We were virtually the only people in the airport besides those meeting people from the flight.

My daughter and granddaughter met me and my two bags came out quickly (not much luggage with only 40 people).  I was home by 11:15 pm.  I watched TV for a bit and went to bed about 1:15 am and slept for 13 hours. 

I called my favorite restaurant and ordered take-out for dinner so I have still not had to cook.  My daughter bought me bread and peanut butter and jelly, so that may be dinner tomorrow.

I have emptied the suitcase and duffel I brought home with me and washed, dried, and put the clothes back into the cruise closet for next time.

My next cruise is supposed to be 31 days in Europe starting in late August.  I am fairly certain that this cruise is unlikely but it has not been officially cancelled yet and final payment is not until sometime in May, so we will see.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2/3 of a world cruise (even with the two interminable days of flying and killing time in airports) and am already planning for the 2022 Grand World Voyage.

Thanks for following along.

Smooth sailing until next time!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

For those who don't read my blog on blogspot, I wanted to share this video of the McDonald's in the Sydney airport.  Everyone stopped to look at the bags being delivered.

The new normal in our current era?

Roy

So happy you made it home safe and sound.  Well, maybe not so sound, but all that sleep must have you feeling a bit better.

Want to thank you for taking me along with you.  Enjoyed your daily newsy chit chat and the trivia was a bonus! Family comes over every Wednesday for supper, and after copying the trivia from you, we play.  We'll miss that.  Now I have to find a trivia book that even comes close to being as enjoyable.  Thanks again until next time.😉

• Like 1

So happy to hear you made it home without too many problems.  I have been following your blog but also read your posts here to see the comments.  I will miss your daily posts. I, too, have enjoyed the trivia and always tested myself. I will have to study!  I have a "hold" deposit for the 2022 World Cruise (canceled my 2021 WC because I am afraid things won't be settled down by then).  Hope we are shipmates in 2022. Even though I am not a knitter, I would love to meet you in person!  Take care and stay well!

• Like 1