Apex Worth 45% More Than a Refurbished Infinity in 2022?

SNJCruisers

Was comparing identical 5 day sailings in January 0f 2022 on the Apex and the Infinity.  An inside cabin with 3 perks (300 OBC, Classic drinks, Grats) and refundable deposits would be 1915 for two out the door on the Apex and only 1327 on the Infinity.  Will see how the pot can possibly be sweetened when onboard the Edge next week.  In the meantime, what are your opinions comparing the newest that Celebrity will have to offer versus the Infinity which will be refurbished in November of this year.  Thanks

IMHO you cannot really compare Apex (or Edge) to the Infinity.  We are Elite + cruisers on Celebrity and just got home from our first Edge cruise.  She is so unique that we felt we were on a different line entirely!!  Check prices across the board; we booked Apex for later this year for the same price as other S Class sailings.

I think it depends on what’s important to you. I haven’t been on the Infinity, but I’ve had two cruises on the Summit (an M-class ship like Infinity), one before the “revolution” and one after. I liked the ship; it was comfortable and had everything I need to enjoy my cruises. I’d choose the Infinity without hesitation in your situation, partly because of the price difference and partly because Edge and Apex don’t appeal to me as much as the older ships do. But if the Edge is more your style, you might feel differently. 

Another consideration for me is that 5 nights is a short cruise. Would it be enough time for you to miss whatever Apex has that Infinity doesn’t?

WE were on the Edge this spring and just got off the Summit. Comparing the Edge to the Summit if you were to ask me it is not

worth the extra price. Absolutely not after the Summit has been goon though its refit its very nice, yes I know the Edge is nice  but not worth the price their asking  in my opinion. 

As you are going to be on Edge next week,  you will be in a much better position to judge for yourself.  We were on Edge last March and did not care for it compared to S class (especially for the $$).  We haven't sailed M since 2012, but have Summit and Connie booked within the next year.   Since it's only a 5 day cruise and your total savings is near $1,200,  I personally would opt for Infinity.   You may be blown away by Edge Class, however.  I hope you are.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

Since it's only a 5 day cruise and your total savings is near $1,200,  I personally would opt for Infinity.   You may be blown away by Edge Class, however.  I hope you are.  

The prices I listed were total for the two of us, so the savings were near 600, not 1200.  I could also save another 122 in total if I switched to a nonrefundable deposit, which I found doing online price quotes from 2 different  agencies.

47 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The prices I listed were total for the two of us, so the savings were near 600, not 1200.  I could also save another 122 in total if I switched to a nonrefundable deposit, which I found doing online price quotes from 2 different  agencies.

Gottcha.  Have a great cruise next week.  When at sea,  consider grabbing a drink on the Magic Carpet while it's hanging over the water on 5.  It was cool.   We did it our last sea day.

Edited by marieps

5 hours ago, marieps said:

Gottcha.  Have a great cruise next week.  When at sea,  consider grabbing a drink on the Magic Carpet while it's hanging over the water on 5.  It was cool.   We did it our last sea day.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Will do it since it's something totally unique compared to every other ship currently  afloat.