Harvest Caye Zipline - Cost & Bookable?

tripleboom

I last went to Harvest Caye on an Escape sailing in June of 2017. At that time, the Harvest Caye ziplines were bookable in advance online, on the ship, or could be booked by walking up to the Lighthouse.  My wife and I were hoping to do the ziplines again this May, but I note that they are no longer listed on the NCL excursions list for Harvest Caye.  Does anyone know:

• if you can still book the ziplines in advance once on board the ship,
  • if not, do you just walk up, present your stateroom card, and pay on site,
  • if the per port excursion credit can be applied to the zipline
  • what the current cost of the "Flighthouse" Zipline is?

Thanks in advance!  We had so much fun doing this last time. After planning on just sitting on the beach all day reading books under a palm tree, the allure of watching everyone zipping over us was too much to resist!

When we visited a few months ago we booked the zipline on board the ship. We had a wide choice on times available. We booked the combination which included the three smaller lines and the long one across the beach. If I recall correctly it was $89. I'm not sure exactly what the individual price was but I think it was $49 for either the three smaller lines or the big line.

7 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

Do either of you remember what the age restriction was?

Oooh.. I don't for sure. I remember seeing kids participating that looked to be at least 9 or 10, but I don't specifically remember seeing any younger than that.  I did look through my photos from 2017 and saw some signage in the background.  It definitely wasn't a high def photo, but with some serious squinting it appears to say the max minimum weight was 50 lbs, max 275. Minimum height was 4', maximum height 6'10", minimum age was tougher to read.  Either 6 or 8, but anyone under age 18 must be accompanied on the ziplines by an adult.

GOPR1282.JPG

This information is largely on ncl.com. Go to Explore, select Shore Excursions then Belize and Harvest Caye. 

You can see what is offered, pricing, description, restrictions and reviews. 

If you are using the shore excursions credit call NCL and reserve any excursions you want.  They'll book it and your account will be charged Day 1 onboard and you room steward will have the tickets waiting for you when you arrive at your cabin. If you want to pay prior to the cruise, just call and do so over the phone. You can select the excursions to prepay, you don't have pay for them all. In fact I never prepay for all as I leave something for the credit to cover.

I am planning an Asia cruise for later this year and I frequently use ncl.com to research excursions. Once final payment is made I then start booking the things selected. If we don't have the credit I book online through my reservation page. If I have the credit I call.

One HUGE warning if you are eligible for the Lattitudes member ShoreX discount, make sure it gets applied. Anytime I book onboard (new or a change) the ShoreX discount hasn't been applied automatically so I have had to ask. Be aware the Guest Services won't fix it, only the ShoreX desk will do it. When I book over the phone it always gets applied. Please keep in mind the discount is based on each individual's status. For us my mother and I get it but we pay full price for my teen nephew's excursions.

20 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

This information is largely on ncl.com. Go to Explore, select Shore Excursions then Belize and Harvest Caye. 

You can see what is offered, pricing, description, restrictions and reviews. 

That was the crazy part! The zipline excursion is simply no longer listed on the website! I may just have to call NCL to verify if they can book it in advance for me or if I just have to wait until I'm on board.

screencapture-ncl-shore-excursions-search-2020-01-03-22_10_01 (1).png

Edited by tripleboom

• 4 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with NCL Excursion Desk, we are booked for a February 15, 2020 sailing - Ziplining was there last week and when I went to book today, it was gone.  I was advised that the Zipline on Harvest Caye was closed due to maintenance.  For over 2 weeks, who knows, maybe it will be available again once they fix whatever they are fixing.