Taxi from cruise terminal to Dublin city center

We will be on the Celebrity Reflection 5/8/20 to 5/19/20.  We are looking to go into the city on 5/18 to take a tour from Do Dublin on Upper O'Connell Street and again on 5/19 to get to our hotel.  What is the best and quickest way to get from the cruise terminal into the city?  The tour company stated that there are private shuttle buses from the cruise ships, but I've not heard of this before.  I just want to get into the city early on both days.  When I asked our hotel about booking a taxi in advance, they recommended the https://free-now.com/ie/ application.  Thanks for your help.

23 hours ago, jgsterling said:

When I asked our hotel about booking a taxi in advance, they recommended the https://free-now.com/ie/ application. 

That app works (its much better in London than it is in Dublin), as does Uber if you are more comfortable using that. Uber's app will hail a taxi (and it will be billed through the app at the meter rate-- you don't need to provide them with separate payment in the taxi) or you can order a black car which is handled just like a normal Uber in the US. 

We were on the Reflection this past August and we took the ship's shuttle transfer bus into town. It dropped us off on the North West corner of Merrion Square. We were able to get on the HoHo bus on that same corner and at the end of our day, found our way back to that spot for picking up the return shuttle to the ship. I would absolutely do that again for a touring day but not with suitcases etc. 

My experience last autumn (and summer): look well to the other side of the quay if you donot see a taxi immediately, because quay personnel do not tell you they are waiting for passengers over there....... Taxi from cruise terminal to center of Dublin € 15,= . There will/can be a shuttle too, but they will not drop you at your hotel but at Merrion Square like Homeofthehound alredy wrote.  Enjoy Dublin

We are on this cruise too.  Our airline (Air Canada) changed the time of our flight from 12:20 to 10:00.  Because of the uncertainty of transportation, we decided to change our flight to the next day in order to make sure that we can make it to the airport on time.