Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
petuniaflower

Red frog pub deal?

Recommended Posts

I read somewhere about a few times when red frog offers a half price or bogo fishbowl, does anyone know when/time of day or if its once daily/port day etc?  Not getting the drink package, so would be interested in a couple of these over the week:)  Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on The Vista in September and they had half off pitchers on Embarkation Day. I think it was around $23. Any other offers I'm sure you can find in the fun times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

We were on The Vista in September and they had half off pitchers on Embarkation Day. I think it was around $23. Any other offers I'm sure you can find in the fun times.

Yes on embarkation day, but not the whole day. Just go when you get on board and they will tell you the time for that day. There were a couple of other days/times, also, but it can vary so cannot give specifics for your ship or sailing. Also, the cost was MUCH lower than $23 for pitchers (of beer). More like $11 after gratuity. Fishbowls were also around $10 during the happy hour deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen them do the 1/2 price or buy one/get one drinks on days other than embarkation.  We just go into the red frog & ask, because it does vary.  It might have been on port days for certain hours of that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went immediately after getting on board and drinks were half off til 3 or something.   
 

later on in the week I saw in the funtimes that they had half price again from 1 to 3 pm.  
 

I’m going ask for those free wasabi peas next time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A much better, more informative thread than the robes, what time we're going to eat 6 months from now!  This is the stuff you need when you get on board.  Food is everywhere.  Setting up for your friends and new buddies is so much important!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, amyotravel said:

Yes on embarkation day, but not the whole day. Just go when you get on board and they will tell you the time for that day. There were a couple of other days/times, also, but it can vary so cannot give specifics for your ship or sailing. Also, the cost was MUCH lower than $23 for pitchers (of beer). More like $11 after gratuity. Fishbowls were also around $10 during the happy hour deal.

On OUR Cruise it was the whole day. $23 was before half off! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the Magic. On port days they had 1/2 price on drinks between 2:30 and 4:30. So we would get back on the ship around 4  and order 4 drinks between my wife and I. We saw a bunch of people ordering 10-15 beers and taking them to their stateroom so we did the same thing on the next port day, we ordered our 4 Caribbean drinks and 10 beers for later and it cost us around $32. Can't beat that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

port days also. beer was not on. i asked and it was fishbowls only when we were on the Freedom.

maybe it has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goaties said:

port days also. beer was not on. i asked and it was fishbowls only when we were on the Freedom.

maybe it has changed.

It was for sure beer pitchers on the Vista. Did it multiple times. Too good of a deal to pass up - especially when some of the beer is brewed right there on the Vista!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wxman0 said:

Just got off the Magic. On port days they had 1/2 price on drinks between 2:30 and 4:30. So we would get back on the ship around 4  and order 4 drinks between my wife and I. We saw a bunch of people ordering 10-15 beers and taking them to their stateroom so we did the same thing on the next port day, we ordered our 4 Caribbean drinks and 10 beers for later and it cost us around $32. Can't beat that! 

The beers are not sealed like on other cruise lines?! RCCL removed the cap, they say it's mandatory. Same with NCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great point, the do keep them sealed surprisingly enough. But get this...our friends had the bottomless bubbles package, they HAD to open the soda can when they served it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, klfhngr said:

The beers are not sealed like on other cruise lines?! RCCL removed the cap, they say it's mandatory. Same with NCL.

 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, Wxman0 said:

Great point, the do keep them sealed surprisingly enough. But get this...our friends had the bottomless bubbles package, they HAD to open the soda can when they served it. 

 

I think the difference is if it is with a package or a la carte/buckets.  We only purchase buckets and they are served sealed, although I think sometimes we are asked if we want the first served in a glass.  Buckets and fish bowls are not included in Cheers, and I would guess the 5 minute wait rule would still apply to drink packages.  Beers and soft drinks purchased with a package are likely required to be opened to limit sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you had the cheers package, and wanted to buy a fishbowl just for fun, paying out of pocket for it-how would this impact the 15 a day drinks limit, if at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll find out in April. If they don't open them, I'll carry around my backpack, stock up and take a few back to the fridge in my room!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Peardrop said:

What if you had the cheers package, and wanted to buy a fishbowl just for fun, paying out of pocket for it-how would this impact the 15 a day drinks limit, if at all?

If they allow you to purchase one off-package (like buying a round for friends), it shouldn't count toward the 15 limit.  I've heard mixed reports about if they allow Cheers customers to purchase a la carte still.  It seems that you should be able to since bottles of wine at a discount (there would likely be no additional discount for the fishbowl).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...