Lunch with UDP on Symphony

• Clarea changed the title to Lunch with UDP on Symphony

We had the package last year and only used it on Sea Days. I’m not sure those restaurants are opened on Port Days. Maybe someone else has that answer.  

Edited by Bama Family
Read the question wrong

Yup, anytime the restaurant is open you can use UDP.  They don't enforce sea day only.  On Symphony, we had lunch at JR on a port day and dessert To Go at Playmakers shortly after, no problem.  The main concern will be if the restaurant is actually open...  I think just JR was open for lunch on port days with playmakers opening a tad later as another poster noted.

Make sure you get your reservations though on embarkation day for dinner and sea day lunches.  There is a station in the promenade or any restaurant can help you.  

We figured out our dining before the cruise and wrote it down.  After boarding, went to the Promenade stand and had our bookings within minutes.  Easy.

Also note you should have no issue if you want to hit up Jamie's for embarkation lunch.

Edited by BNBR

We were on the Symphony on the 11/30 sailing and found that Playmakers opened around noon or 1 on port days, and had lunch there while we were docked in San Juan. I don't recall Hooked opening early enough for lunch on any port days, but we did enjoy a delicious lunch there on our last sea day. I would highly recommend making reservations for lunch too. We went to Hooked our first day onboard and were only able to get a reservation the last of 3 sea days. 

Thanks everyone for all of the information. Once we know what the showtimes are, we’ll be able to figure out what time we want to do dinner every night. We definitely plan to make all our reservations as soon as we board. I’ve printed out the fine print when we bought the UDP package that says we can do hibachi for a $10 up charge so hopefully there won’t be any issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to piggy back off of your question. I am  new to RC ( this will be my 2nd ever cruise) and we purchased Unlimited dining.

1. Is it really unlimited dining? Im no piggy but lets say we went to wonderland for dinner and I didn't like it, could I  go to Jamies  right after dinner # 1 on the same night ( assuming they could seat us)?

2.  From reading the blogs and watching YouTube, it appears that specialty restaurants are only open for lunch on sea days?  so on sea days we can take advantage of lunch and dinner, correct?

3. On embarkation day, I see chops is open to key members for lunch only but, am I able to also dine  there as I have the unlimited dining or does it not start till the evening?

4. Playmakers and the hibachi/sushi place appears to be an extra charge even if you have Unlimited, is it kind of like a food credit? so lets say they give me a credit of $30.00 but my food cost is $40.00, I would only have to pay the $10.00 ( plus gratuity and stuff)

sorry for the dumb questions... again new here  and im not sure how to create my own post!

12 minutes ago, Linzym2020 said:

Sorry to piggy back off of your question. I am  new to RC ( this will be my 2nd ever cruise) and we purchased Unlimited dining.

1. Is it really unlimited dining? Im no piggy but lets say we went to wonderland for dinner and I didn't like it, could I  go to Jamies  right after dinner # 1 on the same night ( assuming they could seat us)?

2.  From reading the blogs and watching YouTube, it appears that specialty restaurants are only open for lunch on sea days?  so on sea days we can take advantage of lunch and dinner, correct?

3. On embarkation day, I see chops is open to key members for lunch only but, am I able to also dine  there as I have the unlimited dining or does it not start till the evening?

4. Playmakers and the hibachi/sushi place appears to be an extra charge even if you have Unlimited, is it kind of like a food credit? so lets say they give me a credit of $30.00 but my food cost is $40.00, I would only have to pay the $10.00 ( plus gratuity and stuff)

sorry for the dumb questions... again new here  and im not sure how to create my own post!

thanks 🙂

1. Yes providing they could seat you

2. See above posts about lunch

3. Lunch at Chops on embarkation day has Ben changing and can vary..Maybe.

4. Correct.  Those are a la crate places.  $20 credit at Playmakers and $35 at Izumi 

2 hours ago, Linzym2020 said:

1. Yes, multiple restaurants per evening, multiple entrees', appetizer etc. 

2. yes if they are open. some are not on sea days

3. No. if its for Key's they limit it to them only (in my experience) There will probably be another specialty open then. (Johnny Rockets I pretty sure will be) 

4. Correct

Edited by Tulsacoker