Swimsuit for Boarding?

SoFla_KJ

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

• Haha 1

Never saw anyone board  wearing swim trunks...shorts and tee over them will be fine,  He won't  get into the buffet in swim trunks if he plans on having lunch!

.Hope he packed some regular clothes..including long pants for dinner

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

Agreed.  What’s the rush

I agree.  Have him wear shorts and then change.  The extra shorts will come in handy if for some reason your luggage doesn't arrive before muster or even worse dinner.  I made this mistake years ago boarding in San Juan.  I had been on Summit several times and knew the ship so I just wanted to get some sun and relax.  I had a bathing suit under my sundress (acceptable for a female 😊).  Used the pool to cool off a few times.  When it was time to go to the cabin before muster our luggage hadn't arrived.  It hadn't arrived before dinner either.  Never had this happen before.  I was soooo cold wearing a wet suit and damp sundress throughout muster and dinner 😲.  Note to self I now bring bring other clothes or something else under the sundress to change into if I go right to the pool.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

I don't see the problem, go for it, I'll be in the same swimsuit to board the Summit February 1st. Bring a change in your bag for lunch and enjoy your vacation.

• Like 2

How disrespectful can one get by wearing an American flag as a pair of swimming trunks.

Show respect to your flag and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice by returning home in a flag drapped coffin.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

How disrespectful can one get by wearing an American flag as a pair of swimming trunks.

Show respect to your flag and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice by returning home in a flag drapped coffin.

Im sure he isnt wearing an actual American flag. I believe there are many articles of clothing that have some sort of American flag inscription on them. 

My husband has the bathing suit board shorts and always wears them when we are cruising the Caribbean while boarding. Or gym shorts. We usually hang out in solarium or walk about. He says he's on vacation and wants to be comfortable. And coincidentally he also owns American flag bathing suit and eagles superbowl bathing suit..😎

We cruise to see islands and try to relax. If people are actually interested in being the fashion police re a bathing suit, then I feel sorry for them. Now if its a speedo or a thong then I guess I see their point. Especially if it just does not look right on the wearer.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I don't understand how some people don't consider a bathing suit that is basically a pair of short not appropriate to wear while boarding the ship for the start of their vacation. It's a cruise and not a formal event. As long as it's not a speedo then I say wear what you want. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

As long as the suit looks like a pair of shorts, I think your boyfriend has a great idea.  For me the faster I get to the pool the better.😉

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Im sure he isnt wearing an actual American flag. I believe there are many articles of clothing that have some sort of American flag inscription on them. 

My husband has the bathing suit board shorts and always wears them when we are cruising the Caribbean while boarding. Or gym shorts. We usually hang out in solarium or walk about. He says he's on vacation and wants to be comfortable. And coincidentally he also owns American flag bathing suit and eagles superbowl bathing suit..😎

We cruise to see islands and try to relax. If people are actually interested in being the fashion police re a bathing suit, then I feel sorry for them. Now if its a speedo or a thong then I guess I see their point. Especially if it just does not look right on the wearer.

This!! 

Just to clarify to everyone, it’s not an actual American Flag. But red, white, and blue board shorts. But now he’s wearing Khaki shorts to board and still is heading to the pool. 

• Like 4