Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SoFla_KJ

Swimsuit for Boarding?

Recommended Posts

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't he wear the bathing suit with a pair of shorts over them. When he reaches the pool, he can take the shorts off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Why doesn't he wear the bathing suit with a pair of shorts over them. When he reaches the pool, he can take the shorts off.

Great idea!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Fouremco. If he's in that much of a hurry to hit the pool, wear them under a shirt and shorts or slacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much discussion, he agreed to wear khaki shorts that he can also wear in the pool. I hope we don’t see anyone else boarding in a flag swimsuit, because he might kill me 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An American Flag swimsuit would not be appropriate.  Perhaps and Italian one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Never saw anyone board  wearing swim trunks...shorts and tee over them will be fine,  He won't  get into the buffet in swim trunks if he plans on having lunch!

 

.Hope he packed some regular clothes..including long pants for dinner

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is anyone going to know they are swim trunks vs shorts if they are regular men’s swim trunks and not a speedo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wear something other than a bathing suit and pack the swim shorts for later.   Duh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

Agreed.  What’s the rush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  Have him wear shorts and then change.  The extra shorts will come in handy if for some reason your luggage doesn't arrive before muster or even worse dinner.  I made this mistake years ago boarding in San Juan.  I had been on Summit several times and knew the ship so I just wanted to get some sun and relax.  I had a bathing suit under my sundress (acceptable for a female 😊).  Used the pool to cool off a few times.  When it was time to go to the cabin before muster our luggage hadn't arrived.  It hadn't arrived before dinner either.  Never had this happen before.  I was soooo cold wearing a wet suit and damp sundress throughout muster and dinner 😲.  Note to self I now bring bring other clothes or something else under the sundress to change into if I go right to the pool.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

I don't see the problem, go for it, I'll be in the same swimsuit to board the Summit February 1st. Bring a change in your bag for lunch and enjoy your vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How disrespectful can one get by wearing an American flag as a pair of swimming trunks.

 

Show respect to your flag and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice by returning home in a flag drapped coffin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If it is just a red white and blue fabric, that’s OK. But if it’s an actual American flag, that does violate US flag code.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

How disrespectful can one get by wearing an American flag as a pair of swimming trunks.

 

Show respect to your flag and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice by returning home in a flag drapped coffin.

Im sure he isnt wearing an actual American flag. I believe there are many articles of clothing that have some sort of American flag inscription on them. 

My husband has the bathing suit board shorts and always wears them when we are cruising the Caribbean while boarding. Or gym shorts. We usually hang out in solarium or walk about. He says he's on vacation and wants to be comfortable. And coincidentally he also owns American flag bathing suit and eagles superbowl bathing suit..😎

We cruise to see islands and try to relax. If people are actually interested in being the fashion police re a bathing suit, then I feel sorry for them. Now if its a speedo or a thong then I guess I see their point. Especially if it just does not look right on the wearer.

Edited by jean87510

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it's and American flag per say. Probably a bathing suit with an American flag design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jalves said:

An American Flag swimsuit would not be appropriate.  Perhaps and Italian one?

This is Celebrity.  It would have to be Greek.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how some people don't consider a bathing suit that is basically a pair of short not appropriate to wear while boarding the ship for the start of their vacation. It's a cruise and not a formal event. As long as it's not a speedo then I say wear what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

This is Celebrity.  It would have to be Greek.  EM

Celebrity cruise ships are registered in Malta.  Its expedition ships in Ecuador.  Take your pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

 

As long as the suit looks like a pair of shorts, I think your boyfriend has a great idea.  For me the faster I get to the pool the better.😉

Edited by ipeeinthepool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Im sure he isnt wearing an actual American flag. I believe there are many articles of clothing that have some sort of American flag inscription on them. 

My husband has the bathing suit board shorts and always wears them when we are cruising the Caribbean while boarding. Or gym shorts. We usually hang out in solarium or walk about. He says he's on vacation and wants to be comfortable. And coincidentally he also owns American flag bathing suit and eagles superbowl bathing suit..😎

We cruise to see islands and try to relax. If people are actually interested in being the fashion police re a bathing suit, then I feel sorry for them. Now if its a speedo or a thong then I guess I see their point. Especially if it just does not look right on the wearer.

This!! 
 

Just to clarify to everyone, it’s not an actual American Flag. But red, white, and blue board shorts. But now he’s wearing Khaki shorts to board and still is heading to the pool. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...