Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SoFla_KJ

Swimsuit for Boarding?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

While I would not like to see people boarding in colorful swimwear, here

for Caribbean I have seen many people boarding in colorful Hawaiian shirts blouses skirts etc.  to me it’s the same.  It’s a colorful pair of shorts/board shorts.  What’s the difference?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

While I would not like to see people boarding in colorful swimwear...

Don't stare and concern yourself with what others are wearing. Celebrity doesn't care. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Don't stare and concern yourself with what others are wearing. Celebrity doesn't care. 

 

But that's not entirely true, is it?  Don't they say no (wet) swim suits in the buffet (or other places)?  I could be mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

But that's not entirely true, is it?  Don't they say no (wet) swim suits in the buffet (or other places)?  I could be mistaken.

Wet bathing suits had absolutely nothing to do with the post I quoted. Only wearing swimwear during the check in and boarding. So as I said Celebrity doesn't care that their gusts wear swimwear when cheeking in and boarding. No matter how colorful the swimwear is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wet bathing suits had absolutely nothing to do with the post I quoted. Only wearing swimwear during the check in and boarding. So as I said Celebrity doesn't care that their gusts wear swimwear when cheeking in and boarding. No matter how colorful the swimwear is. 

Yeah, but you would want to be some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding without shorts over them. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

 

Edited by farawayatsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I will say that, yes with the right clothing it could be suitable to wear at boarding.   Some shorts look stylish enough.  

 

No I don't think Celebrity cares what you wear at boarding.  Shirt and shoes should be required.

Edited by zitsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

Yeah, but you would want to some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

 

Real simple. We don't concern ourselves with what others are wearing during boarding or any other time during our cruise.  IMO, that's all on the cruise line and it's their call not your's, mine or anyone else's. If it's cool with the staff what someone is wearing at whatever venue so be it. Until this thread was started I never even knew and obviously never paid attention to what others are wearing when boarding the ship on embarkation day. We are way to caught up in the excitement at that moment and the anticipation of the fun ahead.  

 

So does it bother you when someone is wearing their swimwear when boarding the ship after a day of fun and sun on the beach? 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

Yeah, but you would want to be some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding without shorts over them. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

 

Thanks for the idea.  I think I have my clown costume from a couple of Halloween’s ago.  Just no face makeup might not be able to get a good pic  Like mentioned above  I don’t concern myself what others wear.  Why should it bother me. I’m going on a cruise to relax and have a good time but mainly relax.  And I don’t wear baseball cap to dinner or ocean view tho it is scary when I take it off In there after being out by pool.  Pool bar and sunset yes I’ll wear my hat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

 

But that's not entirely true, is it?  Don't they say no (wet) swim suits in the buffet (or other places)?  I could be mistaken.


 

they also want you to wash your hands after using the lavatory, no caps in the MDR, no chair hogging,  use tongs in the buffet,  don’t directly fill water bottles,  no saving seats in the theater etc.....

 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, miched said:


 

they also want you to wash your hands after using the lavatory, no caps in the MDR, no chair hogging,  use tongs in the buffet,  don’t directly fill water bottles,  no saving seats in the theater etc.....

 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

 

Happy?  With all those rules?  Can we keep the rule about baseball caps though? 🙂

Edited by zitsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

Happy?  With all those rules?  Can we keep the rule about baseball caps though? 🙂

 

I'm good if they drop the rule about ball caps in the MDR.  I wear my ball cap with my swimsuit when I board. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I'm good if they drop the rule about ball caps in the MDR.  I wear my ball cap with my swimsuit when I board. 😉

 

Do you board the ship *through* the MDR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I'm good if they drop the rule about ball caps in the MDR.  I wear my ball cap with my swimsuit when I board. 😉

Yeah, pretty sure you can't wear either if those in the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mom says said:

Yeah, pretty sure you can't wear either if those in the MDR.

 

I suppose you could get in with board shorts and a nice polo shirt.  Not sure about flip flops vs sandals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Now I know why they call them Board shorts! 

 

20200105_163806.jpg

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

 

Happy?  With all those rules?  Can we keep the rule about baseball caps though? 🙂


The point of the post was quoting someone stating that they had a rule about wet swim suits in the dining areas.  
 

It is just sarcasm  because the rules aren’t enforced and many ignore them.   It isn’t just on the ships but everywhere.
 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Now I know why they call them Board shorts! 

 

Be honest.  How long did it take you to find this?  Or was it your desktop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I'm good if they drop the rule about ball caps in the MDR.  I wear my ball cap with my swimsuit when I board. 😉


I get around it by wearing my HNIC hockey cap.   It isn’t a ball cap.  They isn’t a ball in hockey. 🏒🤗
 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok maybe we can skip the rules.  But are we going to do something about people who admit they pee in the pool?!  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Ok maybe we can skip the rules.  But are we going to do something about people who admit they pee in the pool?!  🙂

Throw him overboard? Let him pee in the ocean, with all the fish. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mom says said:

Throw him overboard? Let him pee in the ocean, with all the fish. 😉

 

Agreed.  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, farawayatsea said:

Yeah, but you would want to be some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding without shorts over them. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

 

 

Board shorts look like regular clothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

 

Board shorts look like regular clothing.  


Some do.  But if they have flowers all over, they look casual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zitsky said:


Some do.  But if they have flowers all over, they look casual.

 

Board shorts are what we  think of for surfing, paddle  boarding...

Yes,  they do come in longer styles but I could not resist the flag board shorts!

Time for new issues! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...