the barrel chair

sunsetme

If you asked, they were available on the last two cruises I went on. We did not want one. 

Earlier posters are referring to when this topic was discussed in length on these boards. People even threatened to leave Princess (I think some did). It really became an unpleasant mess. The complaining went on for months.

I think asking for an update is fair. Chairs are available. I cannot speak for every ship, but I did ask and I know others have been able to get them. Good luck if you want one.

8 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Apparently all on their way out.

We won’t spend valuable cruise  time trying to obtain one.

Nor will we spend valuable cruise dollars for a balcony cabin without adequate seating.  We already had two cruises booked with Princess when we learned about the disappearing barrel chairs here on CC.  Since then, we have booked four more cruises over the next two years, none of them with Princess.  Fortunately, there are many cruise lines and ships to choose from.  In the meantime, on our two remaining Princess cruises I'm taking a folding camp chair.  It comes with a nice carrying bag and I can use it elsewhere on the ship - such as the Melanoma Deck - and not have to contend with chair hogs.

Where's Doug in this discussion?

0fdf3510-33b5-4c86-b49b-5b770998b19c_1.3388d20494c6c19fb9c4b40dbeb3c2ef.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Nor will we spend valuable cruise dollars for a balcony cabin without adequate seating.  We already had two cruises booked with Princess when we learned about the disappearing barrel chairs here on CC.  Since then, we have booked four more cruises over the next two years, none of them with Princess.  Fortunately, there are many cruise lines and ships to choose from.  In the meantime, on our two remaining Princess cruises I'm taking a folding camp chair.  It comes with a nice carrying bag and I can use it elsewhere on the ship - such as the Melanoma Deck - and not have to contend with chair hogs.

Where's Doug in this discussion?

0fdf3510-33b5-4c86-b49b-5b770998b19c_1.3388d20494c6c19fb9c4b40dbeb3c2ef.jpeg

Alas the 13 people here on CC that won’t come back will not sway Princess to change their minds. 

• Like 4

Royal Princess - 7 Day Mexico - 12/14/2019

Requested an extra chair for our stateroom.

We never asked again.

Three days later, and after many apologies from our room steward and housekeeping supervisor, we got a barrel chair.

We did not request a barrel chair ... any chair would have been fine.

All was good.

And on another cruise line, we requested foot stools for our balcony chairs (no recliners) and got one of these! (YUCK!)white-delta-shower-chairs-df595-64_1000.thumb.jpg.a953e089d12c299dd9eb6fe02c8e7082.jpg

Edited by milogurd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Alas the 13 people here on CC that won’t come back will not sway Princess to change their minds. 

You are totally correct, but as one of the 13, I still get to choose where to spend my cruise dollars. There's really not much left on Princess to attract us to consider them.

However, it's not just She Who Must Be Obeyed and me.  It has expanded to our circle of travel and cruise friends, many of whom are joining us on our non-Princess cruises in the next couple of years.

Fortunately, there are many cruise lines and cruise ships to choose from.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

You are totally correct, but as one of the 13, I still get to choose where to spend my cruise dollars. There's really not much left on Princess to attract us to consider them.

However, it's not just She Who Must Be Obeyed and me.  It has expanded to our circle of travel and cruise friends, many of whom are joining us on our non-Princess cruises in the next couple of years.

Fortunately, there are many cruise lines and cruise ships to choose from.

I hear ya.

My circle of friends and most people outside of CC have no idea of what we are or what they are missing on Princess or the things we harp about here on CC.

I agree...........there are many choices to patronize besides Princess.

Thats a good thing.

23 hours ago, milogurd said:

We never asked again.

Three days later, and after many apologies from our room steward and housekeeping supervisor, we got a barrel chair.

All was good.

And on another cruise line, we requested foot stools for our balcony chairs (no recliners) and got one of these! (YUCK!)white-delta-shower-chairs-df595-64_1000.thumb.jpg.a953e089d12c299dd9eb6fe02c8e7082.jpg

That's a "tub bench" that is used for folks who need to sit in the bath/shower. It's medical equipment - not a footstool. Glad we don't cruise on whatever line gave you that.

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That's a "tub bench" that is used for folks who need to sit in the bath/shower. It's medical equipment - not a footstool. Glad we don't cruise on whatever line gave you that.

Yes, we know, and that's what we  X-plained to the cabin attendant when we asked her to remove the bathtub butt stools from our balcony.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, milogurd said:

We never asked again.

All was good.

Let me guess..... Celebrity?

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I was thinking that someone who booked an accessible room didn't get to shower all week.  Celebrity would be the line that removed all of the footstools. They changed their slogan from Modern Luxury to Wonder Awaits.  They aren't lying with that tagline.

• Haha 1