Any luck having status match redone?

dce85

I just got our status match. I’m a two star Mariner with Holland America.   MSC matched me as Classic with one point....in other words, I got credit for booking our first cruise with them.  Any advice about having our status reconsidered?   I was just very surprised to receive absolutely nothing.

We got matched about a year ago. We are Platinum on Princess, and they matched us to gold, almost midway through to the next level.

It took about two weeks.

Maybe the program was canceled.  You went through the match process before you booked and that's the status that came back?

8 hours ago, dce85 said:

I just got our status match. I’m a two star Mariner with Holland America.   MSC matched me as Classic with one point....in other words, I got credit for booking our first cruise with them.  Any advice about having our status reconsidered?   I was just very surprised to receive absolutely nothing.

They always match you to the bottom of the level you are awarded Diamond being 10000 and Classic being 1, they won't increase the points without increasing the level (Silver @ 2200) classic is always awarded 1 point, they will probably only increase the level if they have made a mistake as they are just following a guide.

I would assume MSC are matching 5 star to Diamond, 4 star to Gold, 3 star to silver and 2&1 star to classic (only a guess though).

I seriously doubt they will redo your status match when you are only a 2 star mariner.  Pretty sure they matched you accordingly.  I know we had 138 days with Carnival and they were only going to match us to Gold so we status matched with NCL so that we could get Black (Diamond now).  If I am correct, 2 star mariners have less than 75 days.  You can try but do not expect success.

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Number of days cruises with other cruise lines Has nothing to do with status match, what does matter is the level you have with other cruise lines.

Exactly

They look at level (amenities/perks) and COST of sailing the line you matched from...

Matching from More luxurious lines with higher loyalty card is going to net a higher status match.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Joebucks said:

I tried to very hard, with no avail. They were adamant that it was a one-time thing.

The OP isnt really asking for a second match, just for them to confirm/ adjust the matching he did get.  I dont know anything about the lines OP was matching to so I cant speak if it was an appropriate match but it doesnt seem out of line to ask for your match to be reviewed if you think its incorrect.

1 hour ago, aprilF said:

The OP isnt really asking for a second match, just for them to confirm/ adjust the matching he did get.  I dont know anything about the lines OP was matching to so I cant speak if it was an appropriate match but it doesnt seem out of line to ask for your match to be reviewed if you think its incorrect.

I tried immediately to correct mine as I learned there was a different status I could have matched. Phone calls, email, email to executives. No luck.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I tried immediately to correct mine as I learned there was a different status I could have matched. Phone calls, email, email to executives. No luck.

That stinks and Im sorry but I seems different than what the OP is asking.  He seems to just be asking for them to double check his match to make sure there wasnt an error.  Your situation is a very good reminder for other posters to check the match status table here on CC before officially applying so that they get the highest possible match.

I actually matched me but left my husband unmatched just in case something happens and he lands a higher status somewhere.  Most of the benefits are for the cabin so couples may want to consider this strategy. 

13 minutes ago, CruiserDoc said:

How long does it take to get a response to a status match request?

At the two week point (I only had a couple of weeks left until my cruise then) I called.  They were able to match me right then over the phone.  The next time I logged into my MSC account the new status was shown.  Id call if youve been waiting more than two weeks.

24 minutes ago, CruiserDoc said:

How long does it take to get a response to a status match request?

9 minutes ago, aprilF said:

At the two week point (I only had a couple of weeks left until my cruise then) I called.  They were able to match me right then over the phone.  The next time I logged into my MSC account the new status was shown.  Id call if youve been waiting more than two weeks.

I just got a very quick response as well. I completed the online form Friday night. Booked a last minute cruise during the weekend. Sent an email to the Voyagers Club email address late last night to ask for my status match to be completed and added to the cruise since its soon. I received a response today with my status match. Very happy with the turn around time. First MSC cruise soon! 😁 woohoo! 

I'm new to MSC so I am not sure if this is the norm, but when I originally called MSC about a cruise, the rep explained the status match program and he asked me about my status with different companies. He told me how each status level would match at MSC so I would know in advance and could choose the one to use that would give me the highest match at MSC. The match I got today was indeed what the rep told me during the call. This reduced the surprise outcome for me. Again, I'm new to MSC so I don't know if you can always call and just ask in advance. Would help reduce disappointment and help maximize the match.

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, blueslily said:

I just got a very quick response as well. I completed the online form Friday night. Booked a last minute cruise during the weekend. Sent an email to the Voyagers Club email address late last night to ask for my status match to be completed and added to the cruise since its soon. I received a response today with my status match. Very happy with the turn around time. First MSC cruise soon! 😁 woohoo! 

I'm new to MSC so I am not sure if this is the norm, but when I originally called MSC about a cruise, the rep explained the status match program and he asked me about my status with different companies. He told me how each status level would match at MSC so I would know in advance and could choose the one to use that would give me the highest match at MSC. The match I got today was indeed what the rep told me during the call. This reduced the surprise outcome for me. Again, I'm new to MSC so I don't know if you can always call and just ask in advance. Would help reduce disappointment and help maximize the match.

Hello, can I check what email address you used to contact them? Thanks!

I managed to get ours changed we are diamond plus on royal and was matched to gold but after a few very polite but persuasive emails they changed our status to diamond.

So it can be done guess its pot luck who deals with it for you.

Email statusmatch@msccruises.co.uk