Pete and Judy's 2020 World Cruise on the ms Amsterdam, Holland America Line

The-Inside-Cabin

Happy Days Are Here Again!

The piano was not being used, but was ready to play, complete with the sheet music for “Happy Days Are Here Again!   We finished checking our 4 bags to Fort Lauderdale and were heading to the TSA checkpoint when we spotted the piano sitting at the end of the concourse.  

What a great sign of the wonderful adventure to come.

Cruising in general is delightful, long cruises even better, but being blessed to be able to go on a 128-day Grand World Voyage is a special treat.

I had to sit down and plink a little on the keys, wishing now I had spent more time taking piano lessons, so I could have been able to bang out “Happy Days Are Here Again” which perfectly describes our mood as we start our Grand World Voyage.

Happy-Days-Post.jpg

Planning for this cruise started in March of 2018 when we put down our deposit to hold our spot.  

Having a cruise deposit is like having a lottery ticket.   While a cruise costs more than the lottery ticket, they both give you a chance to dream and anticipate a wonderful future.   Unlike the lottery ticket, however, the cruise is a sure thing and the anticipation and planning is almost as sweet as the cruise itself.

Over the next 4 months, we will be sharing our adventures and providing insight to help future cruisers as well as some observations to all the virtual cruisers around the world.  

Happy days are here again!

Pete and Judy

The Inside Cabin

2020-HAL-World-Cruise.png

See the blog for pictures, menus and more!

www.theinsidecabin.com

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Wow-what a fantastic cruise you are going on!  Have a wonderful time.  Looking forward to following along in spirit.  

Thanks....I have links to all of the other 2020 world cruise blogs on my front page.  Check em out!

• Like 2

Oh, Happy Day! So happy you are taking the World Cruise again, and blogging again! You always have such fun adventures to report. Love it! 
Thanks for the links to the other blogs, too. Before looking at the list I already know of at least five I will be following. Glad I'm retired, since keeping up looks to be a full time job---but a fun job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Happy Day! So happy you are taking the World Cruise again, and blogging again! You always have such fun adventures to report. Love it! 
Thanks for the links to the other blogs, too. Before looking at the list I already know of at least five I will be following. Glad I'm retired, since keeping up looks to be a full time job---but a fun job. 

Thanks Ruth, I always enjoy your comments! Thanks for following.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking  forward  to  sharing  all your adventures  on this world  cruise . It will be great  to follow  some many different  cruisers answer compare  their experiences . Looking  forward  to  jazz hand  photos. Will watch your sail away  and wish I was there. Hopefully  next  year

Mary  

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We are arriving at Terminal 26 now!!!!

A few people got turned away by security when they realized this was not the Nieuw AMSTERDAM!!!

5940636562600eb2037345ebd035a976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete!!!

So enjoy all of your writings and was avid reader on your last WC!!! I am sure Judy will have her knitting 🧶 classes too!

Here in Leucadia your a neighbor down the way!!

Have a wonderful WC SAILAWAY!

Denise😊