Updated dress code/theme schedules 2020

Host Hattie

Thanks for starting a new sticky for 2020 to make it easier to find the links to those latest dress code/theme schedules first posted last September but buried well down within the previous sticky.

I find it interesting that these links can be found in the FAQ on the Cunard UK website within the answer to the question "Is there a dress code on board?" Those of us in North America and Australia have a far less helpful answer to that question in our FAQs. We have to resort to redirecting to the Cunard UK website or finding the information on a FAQ site for travel agents which I won't post here since that's not really intended for customers to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mooney64 said:

Do you know when the sailings in July will become available for the theme schedule?

Good timing for this question. I see today that new dress code and theme schedules have been posted. They must have been posted within the last day or two. Here are the links to the latest schedules.

QE: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QE_2020_dress_code.pdf

QM2: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QM2_2020_dress_code.pdf

QV: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QV_2020_dress_code.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have run some stats to compare the number of gala evenings previously published in the 2019 schedules to what we now have so far for 2020. Here's what I've come up with comparing comparable dates for both years (removing the upcoming 22 dry dock dates for QM2 and only comparing through the end dates on the new QE and QV schedules). An encouraging trend for those who like the formality of Cunard.

QM2: Jan 1-Nov 5 & Nov 28-Dec 31, 2019 = 33.8% Gala evenings

QM2: Jan 1-Nov 5 & Nov 28-Dec 31, 2020 = 35.2% Gala evenings

QE: Jan 1-Nov 24, 2019 = 24.1% Gala evenings

QE: Jan 1-Nov 24, 2020 = 28.6% Gala evenings

QV: Jan 1-Dec 23, 2019 = 25.8% Gala evenings

QV: Jan 1-Dec 23, 2020 = 30.2% Gala evenings

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

We are sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in February, traveling from Sydney.   We have just received an e-mail from Cunard advising us that on non-formal nights men must wear collared shirts, but jackets are optional.    We are assuming that the more casual attire is designed for the Australia-based cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...

Host Hattie

Can you update the sticky note to have the links that BlueMarble put up (on the comments above) on the 16th?

Those new links for dress code and themes go through the end of the year- and I think it would be helpful for people who are navigating the new “My Cunard” and not finding the information they would hope to see. 
Thanks!

😊

Edited by naturelovergirl

18 minutes ago, naturelovergirl said:

Host Hattie

Can you update the sticky note to have the links that BlueMarble put up (on the comments above) on the 16th?

Those new links for dress code and themes go through the end of the year- and I think it would be helpful for people who are navigating the new “My Cunard” and not finding the information they would hope to see. 
Thanks!

😊

Hi, naturelovergirl. Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you are requesting since this is the dress code sticky note, and so it was updated when I added my comments on January 16th (in post #4). Are you asking for it to be updated so that those latest links from post #4 appear at the top of the sticky as post #1 to make them easier to find? Or are you suggesting updating a different sticky note such as the general "WELCOME TO THE CUNARD BOARD ..." sticky?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Hi, naturelovergirl. Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you are requesting since this is the dress code sticky note, and so it was updated when I added my comments on January 16th (in post #4). Are you asking for it to be updated so that those latest links from post #4 appear at the top of the sticky as post #1 to make them easier to find? Or are you suggesting updating a different sticky note such as the general "WELCOME TO THE CUNARD BOARD ..." sticky?

I am sorry I was not clear 😊

I was just asking if the links which show the dress code and themes through the end of Dec could be at the top... making it easier for people to find.

I’ve seen several people not being able to find their voyage’s dress code and themes on the “My Cunard” site... I felt it might be helpful to have those new updated lists accessible at the top.

😊

Maybe it will help if I re-post the links to the current 2020 dress code/theme schedules here so that they can be found at the bottom of the sticky (for now) rather than having to find them in the middle of the sticky. I'll also re-post them as they appear at their source, showing which voyage numbers are included in each schedule. These are the same schedules as previously posted above on January 16.

Queen Victoria dress code for Voyage V001 to V034
Queen Mary 2 dress code for Voyage M001 to M101
Queen Elizabeth dress code for Voyage Q001 to Q034

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 10:15 AM, bluemarble said:

Good timing for this question. I see today that new dress code and theme schedules have been posted. They must have been posted within the last day or two. Here are the links to the latest schedules.

QE: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QE_2020_dress_code.pdf

QM2: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QM2_2020_dress_code.pdf

QV: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QV_2020_dress_code.pdf

Thanks Blue Marble, I get four gala's on my 22nd July from Hamburg to NYC, That will keep the laundry busy. I love to get dressed more formally so it's not a problem.