Cruise Critic Community
Host Hattie

Updated dress code/theme schedules 2020

Thanks for starting a new sticky for 2020 to make it easier to find the links to those latest dress code/theme schedules first posted last September but buried well down within the previous sticky.

I find it interesting that these links can be found in the FAQ on the Cunard UK website within the answer to the question "Is there a dress code on board?" Those of us in North America and Australia have a far less helpful answer to that question in our FAQs. We have to resort to redirecting to the Cunard UK website or finding the information on a FAQ site for travel agents which I won't post here since that's not really intended for customers to use.

Do you know when the sailings in July will become available for the theme schedule?

3 minutes ago, mooney64 said:

Do you know when the sailings in July will become available for the theme schedule?

Good timing for this question. I see today that new dress code and theme schedules have been posted. They must have been posted within the last day or two. Here are the links to the latest schedules.

QE: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QE_2020_dress_code.pdf

QM2: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QM2_2020_dress_code.pdf

QV: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QV_2020_dress_code.pdf

I think that's the first time I've seen a gala night in a Caribbean port (St. Kitts on Dec 27). I wonder if that will hold.

I have run some stats to compare the number of gala evenings previously published in the 2019 schedules to what we now have so far for 2020. Here's what I've come up with comparing comparable dates for both years (removing the upcoming 22 dry dock dates for QM2 and only comparing through the end dates on the new QE and QV schedules). An encouraging trend for those who like the formality of Cunard.

QM2: Jan 1-Nov 5 & Nov 28-Dec 31, 2019 = 33.8% Gala evenings

QM2: Jan 1-Nov 5 & Nov 28-Dec 31, 2020 = 35.2% Gala evenings

QE: Jan 1-Nov 24, 2019 = 24.1% Gala evenings

QE: Jan 1-Nov 24, 2020 = 28.6% Gala evenings

QV: Jan 1-Dec 23, 2019 = 25.8% Gala evenings

QV: Jan 1-Dec 23, 2020 = 30.2% Gala evenings

Edited by bluemarble

Good to see the gala nights have increased, even if only by a small percentage.

We are sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in February, traveling from Sydney.   We have just received an e-mail from Cunard advising us that on non-formal nights men must wear collared shirts, but jackets are optional.    We are assuming that the more casual attire is designed for the Australia-based cruises.