First time cruisers - question about online check-in

surgie

My booking window opens 9/13/20 for a 4-night cruise on Wonder. So I assume that means midnight on 9/12...first minute of 9/13 EST? 

What things should I book first and what things can I come back and enter later? (such as passport #s, etc.) I'll be checking in for 6 people so I don't want to waste time entering information that I could come back later in the day to enter.

We are only interested in character meets (kids will be 6 and 8 )and getting the earliest boarding time possible. No character breakfast on this short cruise and we don't want tastings or Palo. We might be interested in an excursion in Cozumel on our only port day or we may book that on our own elsewhere TBD. 

5 hours ago, surgie said:

My booking window opens 9/13/20 for a 4-night cruise on Wonder. So I assume that means midnight on 9/12...first minute of 9/13 EST? 

What things should I book first and what things can I come back and enter later? (such as passport #s, etc.) I'll be checking in for 6 people so I don't want to waste time entering information that I could come back later in the day to enter.

We are only interested in character meets (kids will be 6 and 8 )and getting the earliest boarding time possible. No character breakfast on this short cruise and we don't want tastings or Palo. We might be interested in an excursion in Cozumel on our only port day or we may book that on our own elsewhere TBD. 

You do have to complete all the info on the online check in in order for the Port Arrival Time page to open.  So there's that.  I will point out that means that all the blank spaces must have something in them.  You could zip through just filling in gibberish in order to open the PAT page, and then go back at a later time to fill in the actual info.

Not all meet & greets are bookable before the cruise, but they do fill pretty quickly.  

• Like 1

Bookings for onboard activities typically open at midnight ET, although they are sometimes delayed.

In the past, online check-in has opened a few hours earlier, but I'm not sure if that's still happening. It's worth checking starting around 9 pm ET.

As Shmoo mentioned above, you need to fill in all of the online check-in information (including passport/ID info, transportation info, and onboard account payment information) but you can update all of that information later if you're in a hurry to select a Port Arrival Time. Note that the Port Arrival Time is just that -- the earliest time DCL would like you to arrive at the port. Your boarding group number will be assigned after you check in at the port. Earlier PATs often translate to earlier boarding groups, but not always.

On most cruises, Princess and Frozen character meets are the only ones bookable in advance. Marvel and Star Wars meets are available to book on specialty cruises. There will be many other meets throughout the cruise that are announced in the onboard Navigator and displayed on a board in the atrium. For those, you simply need to show up within or shortly before the designated time frame and get in line.

Besides the activities you mentioned, you can book spa treatments and Bibbity Bobbity Boutique treatments in advance, if you're interested.

• Like 1

As a first timer it is likely that excursions and meet and greets may show full since platinum and gold members have been able to book many weeks ahead.  If the meet and greets show full you likely book once you get onboard if you go to guest services quickly.  The excursions that are likely to be full already are animal encounters like dolphin swims.   Trips to beaches etc usually don’t book up,  but there is probably a lot you could do on your own.