Celebrity Summit- Can I use the solarium at 17?

harry345

I would like to add that fellow cruisers need to be very careful of comments they make out loud complaining about perceived children in the adullt pool. My youngest daughter was on college break the spring before her senior year  and cruised with my husband and I. Some young adults look much younger and it is both rude and insensitive to make remarks about how he or she can't possibly be 16 or 17.  Unless someone is acting loud and childish people should mind their own business. She was a 20 year old young lady and every day it was somebody else who felt they needed to explain the rules in case we couldn't read! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cher222 said:

I would like to add that fellow cruisers need to be very careful of comments they make out loud complaining about perceived children in the adullt pool. My youngest daughter was on college break the spring before her senior year  and cruised with my husband and I. Some young adults look much younger and it is both rude and insensitive to make remarks about how he or she can't possibly be 16 or 17.  Unless someone is acting loud and childish people should mind their own business. She was a 20 year old young lady and every day it was somebody else who felt they needed to explain the rules in case we couldn't read! Enjoy your cruise!

Same people who can't worry about themselves and are self-appointed cruise police.  We choose to ignore them.

• Like 1

I think the Solarium is more about "the vibe" than a specific age, although some people still tend too be noisy.

So far our 14 year old daughter (almost 15) has been using the Solarium as a quieter place to do her homework with mom's help on every sea day. No issues, and from what I can tell she is one of the quietest people in the room.

3 hours ago, marycruz said:

What if everyone decided that their 14 year old was quiet enough to use the solarium?   This is precisely why you have some of those complainers "policing" the area.

I think you have missed the point of the post - if a teen wants to silently read a book with their headphones in, what is the problem? it isn't so much parents deciding their child is "quiet enough" - the teen is being quiet (probably silent!) and their parents have paid an adult fare for them if they are a teen

However, i totally agree that not every 14 should be allowed into the solarium - it is a place to escape noisy children (and people)

On 1/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, Cher222 said:

It happens everywhere. My friend started as a new doctor at a hospital and felt a bit excluded for the first few days in the staff room. It then transpired they thought she was on work experience from high school.