Princess night life may finally exist

RMMariner

It sounds like many people are taking the BSE offer. This may will change the nightlife on Princess. The price of the PBP was just not worth it, but at the price of the BSE, even moderate drinkers like us find it appealing.

I am very much hoping it will change Princess nightlife. I certainly don't want Carnival level action, but we still like going out at night, and on quite a few of our cruises it has been pretty much dead after 10 pm. Our first cruise to Hawaii was a real eye opener when it felt like we were the only two people up after midnight.

We have done the add on for our next 3 cruises, and we intend to go out at night and have a good time. I hope other people feel the same way.

See you there. I hope.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder if BSE is a test of a lower priced PBP. Maybe they could adjust the drinks per day number. At the right combination of # Drinks per day and Package price, they might get more people to opt for a newer package even though it is higher cost than their usual by-the-drink cost. It would be convenient and some days you win, some days you lose.

Princess "could" make the PBP with the same terms and conditions as the coffee package … 'owner' of the package gets the coffees, waters, juices … and the "15" alcoholic drinks per day could be shared 

never happen ...

never say never

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I wonder if BSE is a test of a lower priced PBP. Maybe they could adjust the drinks per day number. At the right combination of # Drinks per day and Package price, they might get more people to opt for a newer package even though it is higher cost than their usual by-the-drink cost. It would be convenient and some days you win, some days you lose.

I've never "lost" a day with the PBP... even port days...😎

• Like 1

it's "just" 1 drink per hour … and unless you're drinking beer … the wine and drinks 'pours' are nowhere near like they are at 'home'

well, at least until you get to know your bartenders in Vines and Crooners ...🍷🍸🥃

Edited by voljeep

Even in my younger days 15 drinks would have been a lot, but now we love the idea of having a couple drinks before and after dinner, and not feeling gouged by the price.

I think I will never lose on a day where my PBP cost is only $15. You are ahead after your second drink. Plus, if there are actually other passengers in Skywalker's etc. it will be a lot more fun to be out at night.

Princess may well change its whole identity with this. It certainly will appeal to a younger and more lively demographic, without really impacting on its present clientele.

I hope that they find a way to keep the BSE around. 

Edited by RMMariner

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Princess "could" make the PBP with the same terms and conditions as the coffee package … 'owner' of the package gets the coffees, waters, juices … and the "15" alcoholic drinks per day could be shared 

As if it isn't shared now. 😏

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

More likely that Princess is weighing the value of offering a bare bones and a more incusive fare, with pax choosing one  

Edited by pms4104

3 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

More likely that Princess is weighing the value of offering a bare bones and a more incusive fare, with pax choosing one  

BSE is currently available as an "add-on" and it expires 2/29/20 ...

wonder if after that, and after evaluation, if it will be available again, but maybe only for re-bookings under that promotion , or new bookings only … and NOT as the 'add-on' to existing bookings and promotions

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

BSE is currently available as an "add-on" and it expires 2/29/20 

I am amazed that it is not promoted as an addon plus keep prior perks - I would not have known that but for the thread here on CC. Even fliers from my TA do not mention this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I am amazed that it is not promoted as an addon plus keep prior perks - I would not have known that but for the thread here on CC. Even fliers from my TA do not mention this.

and that has led to a lot of confusion on both Princess reps, and with 'TA's' who didn't understand the promotion

and is seems like maybe they still don't with posts about having to "re-fare" to get the 'add-ons' 

40 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We don't drink ,except a glass of wine half full glass ,at dinner . Wow look at all the calories & cash we save  LOL😃

That’s not healthy at all - you should be drinking at least a few pints of water every day, not just half a glass of wine  😏 🤪.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RMMariner said:

It sounds like many people are taking the BSE offer. This may will change the nightlife on Princess. The price of the PBP was just not worth it, but at the price of the BSE, even moderate drinkers like us find it appealing.

I am very much hoping it will change Princess nightlife. I certainly don't want Carnival level action, but we still like going out at night, and on quite a few of our cruises it has been pretty much dead after 10 pm. Our first cruise to Hawaii was a real eye opener when it felt like we were the only two people up after midnight.

We have done the add on for our next 3 cruises, and we intend to go out at night and have a good time. I hope other people feel the same way.

See you there. I hope.

Lol......The phrase "Princess Nighlife" reminds me of the oxymoron "deafening silence!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Princess changing it's evening entertainment schedule because of a promo that contains a drink package? Not likely.  

The OP was suggesting that PAX might be more lively due to imbibing in Drinks Package 🙂 , not that Princess would change entertainment.

5 hours ago, RMMariner said:

I think that route attracts older individuals as many younger people don't want that many sea days and so few days in Hawaii (when using vacation time). When retired, it matters less.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

OK...what does BSE stand for?  I haven't heard of that.  I know PBP, Premium Beverage Package, but BSE??

Best Sale Ever which can include the drink package for an affordable price.