How much weight do you gain ?

beachmad123

On my first cruise I put on a stone and a quarter in the first two days. I was mortified. Next day I’d lost it it all and a few lbs extra. Then logic allied to ‘O’level physics kicked in. It was quite rough travelling down the west cast of Portugal. My first weighing had been as the ship was rising in a pitching sea- hence the increase in weight. If I’d hung about I would have seen the lbs fly off as the ship accelerated into the next trough. 
In general I don’t change weight on a cruise. 

Edited by Ranchi

generally stay about the same too, eat in mdr for most meals try to eat reasonably healthily but love the evening meal and only have cheese on formal nights... only drink in evenings generally, and use stairs walk as much as possible... however as long as i dont pick up a cold i do try to do 20 min on the runner and 20 min on the bike in the gym at least once per day and twice on a sea day and actually get fitter during a cruise because i have the time to do so..( i actually consider that an important part of the holiday) I also try to limit myself to 1 desert a day with a cup of tea in the buffet if i'm just killing time reading..

You sound just like me apart from the runner and the bike!!  It would be my worst nightmare to come home with loads of weight to lose.  I sit at my office desk 3 days a week at home, so being on a cruise means I get more exercise on a daily basis.

Edited by jeanlyon