Majesty Diamond situation

Rumor has it the Diamond Lounge was going away in 2020. 

Anyone on the Majesty this week or departing tomorrow (Jan 5th) who can verify if the Diamond Lounge has been retired. 

We are sailing on Majesty in 2 weeks and curious if we will have a lounge or not. 

Thank You

4 minutes ago, Namelocg said:

I was on Majesty in October. No diamond lounge. They used a portion of the Viking Crown lounge each night for the diamond happy hour.

Yes, but supposedly that VC happy hour was going away on Jan. 1st. We have packages, but still curious about updates. 

15 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Rumor has it the Diamond Lounge was going away in 2020. 

Anyone on the Majesty this week or departing tomorrow (Jan 5th) who can verify if the Diamond Lounge has been retired. 

We are sailing on Majesty in 2 weeks and curious if we will have a lounge or not. 

Thank You

Majesty never had a Diamond Lounge.

• Like 1

The section of the VCL that was limited to Top Tier members on MJ was not a lounge by any means. However we found it sufficient for MJ's limited crowds. The small snacks and beverage service were fine. If Desmond was working, it was much better! Hoping RCL keeps that area open.

R&D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pumbaamd said:

.. If Desmond was working, it was much better! Hoping RCL keeps that area open.

R&D

Rick, do you know if Desmond is still with RC?  Haven't seen him in several years.

1 minute ago, Pumbaamd said:

Last time we saw him he was on Harmony serving drinks on the helipad in 2017. More recently we hear that he has retired from the company. Great person and he will be a conversation piece on board for years.

Rick

Thanks Rick, sorry to hear he's gone, but good for him!

On another thread there was speculation that the Majesty nightly D event may be history starting this New Year and that D and above will only get 3 drinks on card.  As is the case on Empress.   Could it be the OP is asking about the status of the nightly event?

I am book in February and received an email saying that from 01/01/2020 there is only 3 drink vouchers. If I had know before, I would not have booked the ship ! If you want bottled water at night at least one voucher will be gone.... not a ship I will ever book again ! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

I am book in February and received an email saying that from 01/01/2020 there is only 3 drink vouchers. If I had know before, I would not have booked the ship ! If you want bottled water at night at least one voucher will be gone.... not a ship I will ever book again ! 

We're onboard in February. I didn't get an email! Not that it matters, but I am always annoyed when they don't notify us about things. We just purchase packages. Thanks for letting us know about the info you have received. 

Can you post or copy and paste the email?

Edited by Coralc

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

We're onboard in February. I didn't get an email! Not that it matters, but I am always annoyed when they don't notify us about things. We just purchase packages. Thanks for letting us know about the info you have received. 

Can you post or copy and paste the email?

No email for us, either. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Namelocg said:

I was on Majesty in October. No diamond lounge. They used a portion of the Viking Crown lounge each night for the diamond happy hour.

Sorry, that is what I meant. The Majesty’s “Diamond Lounge” was part of the Viking Crown Lounge for the nightly Diamond event. 

It sounds like this may be removed for sailings after 1-1-2020 but we have received no e:mail for our Jan 18th sailing. 

Edited by thrifty99

15 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

On another thread there was speculation that the Majesty nightly D event may be history starting this New Year and that D and above will only get 3 drinks on card.  As is the case on Empress.   Could it be the OP is asking about the status of the nightly event?

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. 

22 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. 

Thought so but didn't want to presume.

Small steps.  In my view that's how they're making the transition to achieve the goal:  Suite lounges and only suite lounges, and suite lounges that may or may not be open to Pinnacles (my thinking is No); all D and above having drink vouchers loaded on cards.  Possibly Pinnacles have more drink vouchers per day than D+ and so forth.  Or maybe a deeper discount on drink packages.

Do I like the benefits as they currently are?  Yes.  But I sense things will change sooner rather than later.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

Disappointed. We love to cruise out of New Orleans. We have cruised on Majesty a few times, most recently to Cuba. Love her crew! Booked Majesty for our anniversary in March. Knowing Majesty has limitations, we booked Bottomless Brunch,  an excursion at Coco Cay and Chef’s Table to make the trip more special. Although I have not received a letter about my sailing, sounds like I will want to add a beverage package. 

We are sailing in Feb. 2020 on the Majesty.  We did not receive an E mail, we are D+ level.  The rumor of this change stopped us from extending to a back 2 back cruise.  On Celebrity, our elite level gets unlimited drinks at most bars during the Captain's Club (5 to 7) evening hours.  That might make this change an easier deal to accept.

I do not want to drink all day, I just want the D+ evening event as usual.  Maybe they don't expect enough D and D+ to make the event (food plus closed area) worth while. 

After this they probably won't have to worry as I don't think many will be sailing on this ship.

Has anyone hear what they will be doing for those sailing in full suites that were previously sharing the C&A evening event.?

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
typo

8 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Maybe they don't expect enough D and D+ to make the event (food plus closed area) worth while. 

After this they probably won't have to worry as I don't think many will be sailing on this ship.

I honestly think the reason for stopping would probably be more to do economics.  The fact that Empress and Majesty are for the commonly sailing at rock bottom prices of $350 p/p for a 7 day cruise is mind boggling.

They probably want to entice new people to fill those cheap cabins and spend money onboard rather than attracting the retired D, DP, and PC crowd loading up the ship and setting up camp there every night. With Empress and Majesty not having Diamond Lounges, its easy to do away with without much uproar. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I honestly think the reason for stopping would probably be more to do economics.  The fact that Empress and Majesty are for the commonly sailing at rock bottom prices of $350 p/p for a 7 day cruise is mind boggling.

They probably want to entice new people to fill those cheap cabins and spend money onboard rather than attracting the retired D, DP, and PC crowd loading up the ship and setting up camp there every night. With Empress and Majesty not having Diamond Lounges, its easy to do away with without much uproar. 

I am sure you have hit the nail on the head with your comments.  Business is business.  I will just have to drag a couple of bottles on wine on board to supplement my D+ bottles.  The cruise price was good and I can well afford 2 bottles.

Still looking forward to the cruise and glad RCCL is back in New Orleans again.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
  • Like 1

I have a follow-up question on the Majesty. I enjoy making a cafe mocha at home every morning (regular coffee and I just add a hot cocoa packet).  I think I’m addicted to this morning ritual. 

On larger ships I go to the Diamond Lounge for my morning cafe mocha as they had the coffee machine and hot cocoa packets. Is there a good spot on Majesty where can I get a cup of coffee (complimentary) each morning besides going to a dining room?  I can bring my own hot cocoa packets to add if those are not available. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

I have a follow-up question on the Majesty. I enjoy making a cafe mocha at home every morning (regular coffee and I just add a hot cocoa packet).  I think I’m addicted to this morning ritual. 

On larger ships I go to the Diamond Lounge for my morning cafe mocha as they had the coffee machine and hot cocoa packets. Is there a good spot on Majesty where can I get a cup of coffee (complimentary) each morning besides going to a dining room?  I can bring my own hot cocoa packets to add if those are not available. 

Thanks. 

sure, you go to Windjammer and get a cup of coffee at the drink station. You can pick up a packet of hot cocoa there too.

12 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

sure, you go to Windjammer and get a cup of coffee at the drink station. You can pick up a packet of hot cocoa there too.

I was hoping to find something other than a dining room. Didn’t know if Majesty has any other areas (like the Promenade Cafe on Oasis class) where they have coffee in the morning. 

8 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

I was hoping to find something other than a dining room. Didn’t know if Majesty has any other areas (like the Promenade Cafe on Oasis class) where they have coffee in the morning. 

Last time we were on Majesty, there was a drink station up in the Sorrento's area.

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Last time we were on Majesty, there was a drink station up in the Sorrento's area.

Still there and it opens before the WJ opens so that is a popular spot for the early risers in the morning.