Majesty Diamond situation

On 2/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thanks for sharing your experience on Majesty.  What a shame RC has made this decision to cancel Happy Hour.  Maybe if enough complaints received they will change back?  I did express my disappointment.  We had planned to do some extended cruising on Majesty.  But instead have booked Vision instead.  At least we know what to expect on that ship.

Cheers,

NJ 

Thank You for the information. We are sailing on her next month.

Edited by coppermouse

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That really sucks because if you want a soda or water there goes several of them.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's how it's supposed to work.

The DL isn't there so you can grab drinks as takeout 

The vouchers were offered to help with the overcrowding of the lounges. The intent was that they be used for drinks during Happy Hour and not to get something "to go" for later or tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The vouchers were offered to help with the overcrowding of the lounges. The intent was that they be used for drinks during Happy Hour and not to get something "to go" for later or tomorrow. 

No more overcrowding on MJ😉🥂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Tell your friend :classic_biggrin: we do and also usually more at the end. The cabin steward also even thought they take care of the room about half the time due to our request. Regular tips are never removed.

Fair enough, so my question is why pay $1 a bottle since you can bring them on for around 25 cents a bottle?

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:11 PM, coppermouse said:

We just booked the Majesty in March. This is very disappointing. I enjoy sitting in the lounge meeting new friends.

I would of booked another cruise if I knew this ahead of time.

The Schooner bar works well. You'll get your 3 drinks and meet all the new friends you want.

• Like 2

In schooner bar it is not a "regular" lounge atmosphere. It is a zoo with lots of loud (drunken?) package drinkers. A normal conversation not possible also due to extreme loud music. VCR truly has the "lounge feeling" but is almost empty in the evenings. RCI shoreside does not understand the impact on pax and crew by eliminating the happy hour lounge event. Bar waiters in VCR tell they miss the tips  from C&A happy hour event. Middle management drops by and ask pax about their missing happy hour event and use information for their weekly report to shoreside-to no avail. Crew and C&A passengers are furious. We think it is a kind of test from shoreside that destroys more reputation than the information they try to get.....In general the Majesty is called by passengers the C&A minus ship.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pumbaamd said:

Sailing on Empress later this year and am an early riser. Is coffee/tea available near WJ before they open? Or elsewhere? Thanks.

R&D

We were on Empress in January and (as Pinnacle) got a coffee card, each, to use at the coffee bar in Bolero's, which is open very early each morning.  DW sleeps in so I used her card to get my two cups before breakfast.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

We were on Empress in January and (as Pinnacle) got a coffee card, each, to use at the coffee bar in Bolero's, which is open very early each morning.  DW sleeps in so I used her card to get my two cups before breakfast.

I was asking Miami about that and they refused for Majesty !

15 hours ago, Pumbaamd said:

Sailing on Empress later this year and am an early riser. Is coffee/tea available near WJ before they open? Or elsewhere? Thanks.

R&D

On the pool deck port side outside is a beverage station that had early coffee on Empress.  Regular WJ type free coffee.  I don't know officially what time it starts.  

On 1/4/2020 at 10:41 PM, ILCTCRUISER said:

On another thread there was speculation that the Majesty nightly D event may be history starting this New Year and that D and above will only get 3 drinks on card.  As is the case on Empress.   Could it be the OP is asking about the status of the nightly event?

I would like to see this on all ships, but make the 3 drinks to be used any time of the day.

1 hour ago, phish tales said:

I would like to see this on all ships, but make the 3 drinks to be used any time of the day.

Are you serious ? I guess you don't understand the point. It is not about the drinks, it is about the possibility to be with Diamond and higher, cruise loving old and new friends. Having a drink or two, or three, will chatting about past and future cruises.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

Are you serious ? I guess you don't understand the point. It is not about the drinks, it is about the possibility to be with Diamond and higher, cruise loving old and new friends. Having a drink or two, or three, will chatting about past and future cruises.

serious as a heart attack. i said this is what i would like to see. i can enjoy my drinks anytime. this is coming, it is only a matter of time before RCL bean counters can see the money saved with the dia lounge closing and freeing up their bar servers, money saved on drinks and food. as i said, I any many others are all for this. i respect your opinion. respect mine.

• Like 1