Cruise Critic Community
DENNAS

Cab to Mendenhall Glacier

I called Juneau Tax (907-586-1111), their fare is similar to Evergreen Taxi as reported by Zuzu99. The person answered said the fare is by the meter ( "around $35 but should not be more than $35"). She also said they charge $17 per person for park admission if you don't have a national park pass, $12 if you do.

8 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

RE:  taxi fares

Is that $35.00 per person or per taxi?

$35 per taxi, each way.   If you read the entire thread you'll find the additional info.

32 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Does the "blue bus" give discount if we have a national park pass?

Doubt it.  Contact them and ask.  I'm sure others would like to know the answer.

28 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Doubt it.  Contact them and ask.  I'm sure others would like to know the answer.

I messaged them and is waiting for their reply.

3 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Does the "blue bus" give discount if we have a national park pass?

$5 discount if you have a national park pass. Their online reservation system can't handle the discount. If you have a pass and want to book the shuttle ahead of time, you have to call or email. The email address is on their home page.

Does anyone know if the cabs charge $17 for the $5 entry for both adults and kids? Our kids will be 6 and 8 when we visit. If we are overcharged for the adults for the convenience, it may be worth the convenience, but if the charge applies to the kids too, it may be more reasonable to look at other options. Thanks for any input!

On 2/21/2020 at 7:42 AM, screenname2004 said:

I called Juneau Tax (907-586-1111), their fare is similar to Evergreen Taxi as reported by Zuzu99. The person answered said the fare is by the meter ( "around $35 but should not be more than $35"). She also said they charge $17 per person for park admission if you don't have a national park pass, $12 if you do.

12 $ for what? I is good to be the KING!

Hmmm This is why we are thinking of taking the city bus, has any had experience with this? I know it drops you off a ways before the visitor center but thats ok. We have the senior pass and so hate to get charged extra by a taxi

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

Hmmm This is why we are thinking of taking the city bus, has any had experience with this? I know it drops you off a ways before the visitor center but thats ok. We have the senior pass and so hate to get charged extra by a taxi

I did it years ago.  The bus was almost an hr,  then about a mile walk from the drop off point to Mendenhall.  Flat, easy walk.

It was fine on the way there, but it was raining and windy on the return, so not a pleasant walk.  

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

The city bus stop is a 1.5 mile walk to the Visitor Center. You will get distant glimpses of the glacier along the way.

i think we are in Juneau for 11 or 12 hours so a couple hours on the bus? maybe a good time to let the legs rest. maybe stop at the brewery .