Cruise Critic Community
blastofftosj

Alcohol in cabin question

Are you able to purchase a bottle of vodka on board to keep in your cabin? If so, does anyone know how much it is?

28 minutes ago, blastofftosj said:

Are you able to purchase a bottle of vodka on board to keep in your cabin? If so, does anyone know how much it is?

Yes there is a small selection of liquor in the smaller (375ml?) bottles that you can order through room service.

They run $20-$30 I think. 🤔

You can also pre-order them in the Personalizer -- under Onboard Reservations, then Princess Cellars. A 375 ml bottle of Skyy is $18.

Check out your cruise personlizer under Princess Cellars.

Sky $17.70, Absolut $21.24. These are 375ml bottles.

1 hour ago, knotheadken said:

Are the prices discounted when purchasing pre-boarding or the same?

No discounts.

14 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

Not exactly any bargain. 

Depends. Fairly normal pricing if you are Canadian. Poor pricing if you are from the US but far less than purchasing individual drinks onboard.

44 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

Not exactly any bargain. 

Ahhhhh... and you thought they were a discount liquor store?

1 minute ago, bemis12 said:

Ahhhhh... and you thought they were a discount liquor store?

I was comparing their prices to those in stores in the Caribbean where we normally buy our liquor. 

48 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

I was comparing their prices to those in stores in the Caribbean where we normally buy our liquor. 

Whatever Liquor you buy off the ship and bring on to the ship has to be turned into security at the re-boarding checkpoint.  They will hold it until the last night of the cruise.  A good option that is available would be adding the Premium Beverage Package as an add-on under Best Sale Ever.  I'm paying $25 per day for the PBP and Wi-fi under that promotion.  If you figure purchasing unlimited internet onboard, it would cost me about $10/day that means I'm getting the PBP for $15/day instead of $70.79/day.

3 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

We never turn in any alcohol at their checkpoints. 

It's voluntary as I've seen it.

That's just not true.  This is their alcohol policy.

" Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.  A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases. "

1 minute ago, bemis12 said:

That's just not true.  This is their alcohol policy.

" Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.  A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases. "

Understood, it's voluntary as I see it. Others can do as they see fit.

Just like ordering alcohol from the shops on the ship that they deliver at the end of that voyage so people can enjoy it on the next leg.  

I understand that you’re a very important person and can’t be bothered with trivial things like rules. But that doesn’t mean the rules don’t exist.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

PBP for $15/day instead of $70.79/day.

Tells you how much money they are making without the promo as I'm sure they are still making money with the promo.

2 hours ago, bemis12 said:

I understand that you’re a very important person and can’t be bothered with trivial things like rules. But that doesn’t mean the rules don’t exist.

These posts from someone with only 10 posts sound eerily similar to some other posters I haven't seen in a while.  Hmmmm…  :classic_dry: 

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

These posts from someone with only 10 posts sound eerily similar to some other posters I haven't seen in a while.  Hmmmm…  :classic_dry: 

I was thinking the same thing.

Reincarnates.

12 hours ago, bemis12 said:

Sorry if you don't agree but it's just the way thing are on the ship.

Yes the rule does exist. 

On 1/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, blastofftosj said:

You can purchase 375ml bottle $17.00 .  I usually purchase 2 bottle (375ml each) of run at $17.00 each.

6 minutes ago, retrembl said:

You can purchase 375ml bottle $17.00 .  I usually purchase 2 bottle (375ml each) of run at $17.00 each.

Post #9  

If your doing a B2B purchase a bottle in the shop & they deliver it to your room at the end of the first cruise to enjoy. It's much cheaper than the prices shown above.