Live from the Legend 1/5/20

jimbo5544

57 minutes ago, Florings said:

Thank you Jimbo for the wonderful pictures and the great review.  We love the Legend, and we love sailing out of Tampa!

Your welcome, My pleasure doing the review.  She is a wonderful shop and Tampa is a great port to sail

from.  

On 1/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, jimbo5544 said:

So it was a pretty good sea day,  sunny and really windy, really windy.  Saw a couple gusts top 40.   By mid afternoon the ship was rocking pretty good.   Later the tell tale signs of the barf bags by the elevators.  More later.  

I sailed on the Legend out of Tampa in September 2010.  While returning we were on the outskirts of a hurricane and wind was hitting 60mph+.  All decks were closed.  Wind died slightly and they were letting people out.  Wind was probably 40+ and I went for a jog on the track.  Running with the wind it was taking me about 30 seconds to go half way and against the wind about 4 minutes to complete the lap.  Fellow watching me run against the wind was laughing his butt off.

1 hour ago, Rob-Bob said:

I sailed on the Legend out of Tampa in September 2010.  While returning we were on the outskirts of a hurricane and wind was hitting 60mph+.  All decks were closed.  Wind died slightly and they were letting people out.  Wind was probably 40+ and I went for a jog on the track.  Running with the wind it was taking me about 30 seconds to go half way and against the wind about 4 minutes to complete the lap.  Fellow watching me run against the wind was laughing his butt off.

Wow

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Thanks for your review. We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise on Legend. The crew and officers were top notch. Food, we thought, was better than on many ships. Overall, a great cruise! 😀❤️

We agree, thanks for following along

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the review......I am in a Vista Suite out of Venice later this year. I might have missed it and if so I apologize, but I know there are no outlets near the beds, what is the closest one in order to charge a phone and have easy access to it? Are the only ones in the Sitting room and the small dressing room?

38 minutes ago, tlreze said:

Thanks for the review......I am in a Vista Suite out of Venice later this year. I might have missed it and if so I apologize, but I know there are no outlets near the beds, what is the closest one in order to charge a phone and have easy access to it? Are the only ones in the Sitting room and the small dressing room?

They are, certainly a drawback. I always bring a multi plug adapter (where one plug hole turns into a three).  I also bring a small, non surge suppressor extension cord (it cannot have a surge suppressor on it) and I plugged that into the receptacle behind the TV in the bedroom and we used that to charge phones and such also.  

Thanks for reading the review.

Edited by jimbo5544

19 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Forgot to ask...was there a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet?

MARAPRINCE

There was, but I did not go.  I did not see it listed in the Fun Times.  The roll call here was fairly quiet.  

It was great seeing the picture of “P”. He was our room steward. We were on the Legend starting January 12th. I had taken a picture of his name tag so I had the correct spelling when filling out the Carnival survey.  I also let Carnival know that we didn’t like the 5:30 dinner. It was too early. That half hour made a big difference - we felt rushed.

5 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

It was great seeing the picture of “P”. He was our room steward. We were on the Legend starting January 12th. I had taken a picture of his name tag so I had the correct spelling when filling out the Carnival survey.  I also let Carnival know that we didn’t like the 5:30 dinner. It was too early. That half hour made a big difference - we felt rushed.

He was def the most upbeat RS we have ever had, and we have had a lot

54 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Anyone able to use the Carnival gift cards you can buy at Target for purchases on board or towards your tips?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

We used some and just had them applied to account before tips were charged.