Turtles and Monkeys

vacationhappy

"Hi -

Is it possible to snorkel with the turtles and see the monkeys all in one day - thanks in advance."

Yes, indeed it is.

The green monkeys are ubiquitous on the island, however they gather at the Barbados Wildlife Reserve and feed in the afternoon, usually around two or three o’clock. The reserve is in St Peter, perhaps 40 minutes from the dock.

The Hawksbill turtles (protected on Barbados since 1987), are all around the island’s west and southwest coast but gather above Dottin’s Reef a mile from shore NNW of Holetown and up to Alleynes Bay.

I suggest that you either take a tour that encompasses these two places or…..

Cab up to Folkstone Park and catch a local that will take you to the turtles. Perhaps a 15 minute / $5.00-10.00 U.S. cab ride. The boat ride may be another $20/pp.

Do the turtle-seek FIRST.

Then grab a cab and head to the Reserve. Perhaps stop for lunch first so you won’t get to the Reserve before 2PM. You’re only 25 minutes from the Reserve from Folkstone.

After the Reserve, perhaps stop at St. Nicholas Abbey right across the road.

Have a grand time and enjoy one of the most interesting and diversified islands in the Caribbean! ! J

I did it last year! Gloly tours took my wife and I to:

The Harrisson Cave, Wildlife park (monkey and others), snorkling with turtles and at a ship wreck and and flying fish meel on the road (excellent)

All this at that time was 85.00 USD.

Some people say on the board that this is expensive! Personnaly I dont thinks so, it do include the entrance to both; cave and wildlife, the boat ride to the turtle and ship wreck plus the luch.

I went back to Barbados last month and this time I took a cab to monkey beach, turtle were there and then an other cab to go to a national park, norther do snorkle again but with fish and it cust my wife and I about nearly 80.00 in cab!!!! So Glory tour , "the best of Barbados" is not that expensive, they stop you as well in the eastern region, atlantic sea for picture.

Have a great time in Barbados, lucky people!!

Francois

Archived