Correct Decision

bodgerday

I booked the Oceana cruise around the Gulf ( I should be there now.)

As you know this was cancelled by P&O due to the problems in that area.  At the time I questioned P&Os decision, thinking things will have blown over by the time of the cruise.

Well done P&O.  With things now really kicking off, the last place I want to be is on a ship with a blooming big Union Jack on the front.

I have re booked on Oceana departing 19th January to the Canary Islands. Safer spot I hope😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bodgerday said:

As you know this was cancelled by P&O due to the problems in that area.  At the time I questioned P&Os decision, thinking things will have blown over by the time of the cruise.

Well done P&O.  With things now really kicking off, the last place I want to be is on a ship with a blooming big Union Jack on the front.

I have re booked on Oceana departing 19th January to the Canary Islands. Safer spot I hope😊

it’s always good when P&O clearly do something right and even better when somebody makes the effort to acknowledge it. Enjoy the Canaries! 😏

• Like 6

I have however, grave doubts about the wisdom of continuing to offer cruises in this area for the next winter season, given recent developments and the general volatility of the region. If I were P&O I would be inclined to cancel these now giving plenty of notice, and deploy Oceana elsewhere. This would avoid possible last minute dissappointment to passengers, and avoid P&O having to offer the revised itineries at knock down prices to fill the ship at short notice.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I have however, grave doubts about the wisdom of continuing to offer cruises in this area for the next winter season, given recent developments and the general volatility of the region. If I were P&O I would be inclined to cancel these now giving plenty of notice, and deploy Oceana elsewhere. This would avoid possible last minute dissappointment to passengers, and avoid P&O having to offer the revised itineries at knock down prices to fill the ship at short notice.

Totally agree. I can't understand why anyone would be booking a cruise to the Gulf for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

I wish they would do the right thing about Ventura N003. We were supposed to go to Nassau and a few weeks ago it was changed to Freeport despite FCO advising against all but essential travel there after Hurricane Dorian. Our roll call has been on and on at P&O for 2 weeks now and they won't commit to anything.   Our insurance is invalid if we go there

• Like 1

Ours too tartanexile81 in April on Arcadia cutting short our stay in Bermuda to get to Freeport to refuel because they can no longer do it in Nassau !! at first I didn't mind because I hadn't been to Freeport but now we won't be getting off the ship because of insurance purposes, let's hope they change it again to somewhere safe , we already had our Gulf cruise cancelled last November and was going to rebook for February this year so glad we didn't , I really hope it all gets better soon for everyone involved.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:14 AM, bodgerday said:

Good decision.

Just read a Royal Caribbean thread and Jewel of the seas is currently sailing from Abu Dhabi to Qatar.

There are 500 Russian passengers on board.