Cozumel Surfing quick Review

Jeffcel

Hello All,

If you are looking for something different  - I would really recommend Cozumel Surfing.

On our recent stop in Cozumel my wife and son both went and had a fantastic time ( my knees are shot - so I just watched from the shore).

My son has surfed before and had a great time.

My wife had never surfed - Nacho and his team really worked with her and she got up on her own for a few runs.

Felt really safe - Nacho even moved us from the main beach as he siad the waves were too high for our group.

If you want to try something different from the usal beach resorts  - this should be on your list.

Thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jeffcel said:

Hello All,

If you are looking for something different  - I would really recommend Cozumel Surfing.

On our recent stop in Cozumel my wife and son both went and had a fantastic time ( my knees are shot - so I just watched from the shore).

My son has surfed before and had a great time.

My wife had never surfed - Nacho and his team really worked with her and she got up on her own for a few runs.

Felt really safe - Nacho even moved us from the main beach as he siad the waves were too high for our group.

If you want to try something different from the usal beach resorts  - this should be on your list.

Thanks

where was this, Punta Morena? Did you have your own transport?

Not sure of the beach name. They pick you up at the Mega ( maxi?) Mart near where NCL docks. It is on the other side of the island. They charge you 20.00 pp for transportation ( or you can make your own way there).

42 minutes ago, Jeffcel said:

Not sure of the beach name. They pick you up at the Mega ( maxi?) Mart near where NCL docks. It is on the other side of the island. They charge you 20.00 pp for transportation ( or you can make your own way there).

Thanks, thats a good deal.

I had only heard of surfing at Punta Morena but their website suggests they use different beaches on the east side depending on conditions.

Do you get to eat and drink there afterwards?

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, thats a good deal.

I had only heard of surfing at Punta Morena but their website suggests they use different beaches on the east side depending on conditions.

There is/was a small shack just before Playa Bonita, as I recall, marking the area were local surfers go if conditions are good.  But other than that, Punta Morena or Mescalitos on the north side of the transversal intersection are the two places I've seen surfers in the water.