Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
amyotravel

Website issues - messing with stock OBC?

Recommended Posts

Hi, all

 

We submitted out stock ownership form weeks ago. This is the first time we have had issues seeing the credit on our documents. I was thinking it might just be due to the holidays, but now concerned because the website is having so much trouble. We cruise in 26 days. A little nervous. Anyone else having this issue?

 

Amy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fatboydave666 said:

In the same boat. lol

Wondering if we should contact our PVP,  but last cruise he thought we had promo OBC and didn't know it was actually stock, so I don't have much hope for him in that regard. Not good, I know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stock OBC is not always shown on the website, so I always took my email confirmation.  (It was always there when I boarded though.) This time I didn't get an email notification that my stock OBC went through, so I called and had them send me an email confirmation, which they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, naxer said:

My stock OBC is not always shown on the website, so I always took my email confirmation.  (It was always there when I boarded though.) This time I didn't get an email notification that my stock OBC went through, so I called and had them send me an email confirmation, which they did. 

It usually shows on your boarding docs when you print everything, which it is not doing this time. I didn't know there was a number to call to get the email confirmation. Would it be possible to message me and send it if you have the number handy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

It usually shows on your boarding docs when you print everything, which it is not doing this time. I didn't know there was a number to call to get the email confirmation. Would it be possible to message me and send it if you have the number handy?

 

I don't think you can message anybody on this message board but they could post the number here for you.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK please post away whoever may have the number! I am at work and paperwork is at home, ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be worthwhile to email guestadmin@carnival.com when you can, inquire about your previous submission and include what would be a duplicate request providing your ownership, sailing date/booking id, etc.  I have read on CC otherwise but am fortunate to have had good results contacting guestadmin@carnival.com regarding the shareholder's benefit.  Hope you get confirmation of your OBC being applied soon.  Have a great cruise in 26 days also!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE*

Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450
Fax 305 406 6102

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Florida Paesano said:

It may be worthwhile to email guestadmin@carnival.com when you can, inquire about your previous submission and include what would be a duplicate request providing your ownership, sailing date/booking id, etc.  I have read on CC otherwise but am fortunate to have had good results contacting guestadmin@carnival.com regarding the shareholder's benefit.  Hope you get confirmation of your OBC being applied soon.  Have a great cruise in 26 days also!

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE*

Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450
Fax 305 406 6102

Thanks!! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amyotravel said:

It usually shows on your boarding docs when you print everything, which it is not doing this time. I didn't know there was a number to call to get the email confirmation. Would it be possible to message me and send it if you have the number handy?

I just called the Carnival 800 number on their website.  The person I spoke with just asked for my booking number and my pin, and I got the email before we were off the phone.  I actually had to do this twice as I'm on a B2B, and the first rep I spoke with only sent me the confirmation for the first leg.  I called back and got someone else to send me the confirmation for the second leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cruise Feb. 3rd, and my shareholder's OBC is showing on my documents, as always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

We cruise Feb. 3rd, and my shareholder's OBC is showing on my documents, as always.

It probably depends on when you sent it in - like if it was before these website issues! 😉 Or, luck of the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We did this in the past but I'm not sure where I got the form.  Can someone please provide some guidance for me?

Thanks! 

 

Edited...Of course I found it as soon as I asked. 🙂

Edited by RollTide73
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI. Had to email them and it took a couple of days to get resolved. But it is there now as of this afternoon!


Everyone with stock OBC that is cruising soon should check their docs in case, just to make sure. I really think it was the issues with the website and it did NOT automatically appear when it was back up.

 

image.png.187662c80bf81e0dd1a99ede9185681f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried faxing to the above # four times this morning, and the fax will not go through. Can I email to this information guestadmin@carnival.com  and it "should" work? TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruzinfamilyof4 said:

I tried faxing to the above # four times this morning, and the fax will not go through. Can I email to this information guestadmin@carnival.com  and it "should" work? TIA!

We have never faxed. I have heard about issues with the faxing before. If you are not short on time, we always mail it in. I know it sounds old school and feels scary, but it has worked in the past. I think this was a carnival website problem, versus how we sent it in. They didn't question anything once we sent the follow up email, and the website had so many issues right at the time they would have been applying it.

 

Per the form:

"Please provide by fax or by mail ..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amyotravel said:

 

Per the form:

"Please provide by fax or by mail ..."

 Unfortunately we are pushing the 3 week window; totally forgot we needed to do it. And unfortunately the phone number listed o the form is not working. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cruzinfamilyof4 said:

 Unfortunately we are pushing the 3 week window; totally forgot we needed to do it. And unfortunately the phone number listed o the form is not working. 

 

I believe other people have said emailing works. Worth a shot! And explain the issues with faxing and the time frame on mailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I faxed (have not tried e-mail yet) my request on 1/2/20 and got confirmation on 1/7/20.

 

I have requested 18 via fax over the last 15 months and usually get a confirmation back within 2-3 working days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...