2 night cruise - how was it?

tamara01

What was your experience like on a 2 night cruise?  We have done 44 cruises so I know it is a short cruise and I will want it to be longer, ha.  I just haven't done a 2 night one before and wondering if anything much will be different.  I assume they will still have a show, etc..  Do you know if we will still get any of our Elite perks?

Thanks

We did a two-night on Infinity last year and really enjoyed it. To us it was the same level of service as a longer cruise, food was the same. The crowd skews a little younger, seemed to be more locals,  and there were more family groups. I would NOT describe it as a "party cruise". However, there were no Captain's Club events at all on the cruise - we received a notice when we checked in. If I remember correctly there was a show each night but I don't think they had the big production shows. We are only Select level so I can't tell you if you get your Elite perks. 

Our only disappointment was the condition of the ship. In some areas the wear and tear was really bad (like the seating in the Constellation lounge).  And the decor of the staterooms was very dated. But that doesn't ruin a short cruise.

2 minutes ago, lorimay said:

We did a two-night on Infinity last year and really enjoyed it. To us it was the same level of service as a longer cruise, food was the same. The crowd skews a little younger, seemed to be more locals,  and there were more family groups. I would NOT describe it as a "party cruise". However, there were no Captain's Club events at all on the cruise - we received a notice when we checked in. If I remember correctly there was a show each night but I don't think they had the big production shows. We are only Select level so I can't tell you if you get your Elite perks. 

Our only disappointment was the condition of the ship. In some areas the wear and tear was really bad (like the seating in the Constellation lounge).  And the decor of the staterooms was very dated. But that doesn't ruin a short cruise.

Thanks.  Yes, this is also on the Infinity.  We are local so it was a good deal and we figured it would be nice so close to Valentine's Day.  Not worried about the perks really, was just curious, ha.  It will be fun no matter what.

42 minutes ago, tamara01 said:

Thanks.  Yes, this is also on the Infinity.  We are local so it was a good deal and we figured it would be nice so close to Valentine's Day.  Not worried about the perks really, was just curious, ha.  It will be fun no matter what.

We also did one last year and would not hesitate to do it again...it was a nice little get a way..

We are also looking at this 2 night deal on Infinity...unfortunately we aren't local, but close enough for a nice get away.  We are also Elite and not really too concerned about the perks but it would be nice to at least have access to the Persian Gardens on the port day.  Wonder if that is included?  We would normally do a suite on longer cruises but for a 2 night we would do whatever the minimum would be to get a drink package perk.  Does anyone know the cost per person to upgrade to the Premium package?  I used to know...

There are younger cruisers and more drinking.  People were generally not as dressed up as on a longer cruise.   Food and service were the same.  Higher activity level aboard than on a  usual Celebrity cruise.  Price was a deciding factor to take this type of cruise.

While we rarely go on longer cruises anymore, the 2 and even 3 day itineraries are just too short.  You just get unpacked, go to muster and it seems like it's almost time to disembark.  I still think 9 days is just the right amount of time for us to spend on a cruise.  When we've gone on those shorter sailings, it seems like everyone wants to make sure they go to the MDR ... the lines and waits are just intensified.  Not sure why but that was my experience.  Plus, soooo many small kids onboard ... not exactly my idea of a relaxing cruise.  It works for some ... just not really my thing. 

• Like 1

Our one and only 2 night cruise was in 2012, when we were Select. 

We should have had some free internet minutes, but the allocation was spotty. I found out at the final breakfast that some Select passenger were given them, but we were not, so I contacted Celebrity. I was told we should have had them, so they added them to the 90 minutes on our next cruise ( we were Elite by then).

We have done 1 short cruise and I wasn't a fan.  It was pretty much a booze cruise for many, not your typical X crowd - I've never seen people so far gone on a Celebrity cruise before or since.  One guy kept sliding down the wall in the Martini Bar, would crawl back up and down he'd slide.  Very entertaining but not our cup of tea.  

We did one years ago (Norwegian) since it had been about 20 years since we were on a honeymoon cruise.  Just wanted to see if we could handle being on a ship, and whether we would get seasick.  Fortunately, we loved being aboard, and no, we did not get seasick.  Now up to about 1 cruise per year - last three on Celebrity, with 2 more booked in 2020 and 2021.  Were glad to have the opportunity to test the waters.

• Like 1

We have done a two-night cruise twice. I didn't care for either one, feeling too rushed to learn much about the ship. Of course, the bigger the ship and the more features available, the more rushed one feels to see it all. One of the two cruises even had a formal night which I thought was an additional amount of pressure when there was so much to try to fit in. 

Now, in retrospect, the only way I would do a two-night cruise is as part of a back-to-back. That makes more sense to me. 

• Like 1

I took a last minute 4 nighter on Silhouette 3 yrs ago solely to book some future cruises (OBC, reduced deposit).  I'd quit cruising for a couple of yrs and didn't have any.  It definitely was a booze cruise.  Like someone else posted here, first time I'd ever seen knee-walking drunks (lots) on a Celebrity ship.  Now, to stay ahead of the game, I book several refundable placeholders every time I'm onboard.

As I posted previously, I went on a two-day cruise on the same ship, Infinity, last year so I have direct, recent experience with a two-day cruise on Celebrity out of Miami. Of course we all would prefer to go on longer cruises, but for us "locals" a two-day is a relatively inexpensive weekend getaway. We do not drink alcohol so I am very aware of the number of people who over-indulge on the cruises I'm on. We did not find any issue at all with this on the two-day last year. Yes, there were more families (but not an unusual number of kids). In fact, because most people are eager to get as much time in Nassau as possible, the ship was actually quite empty and pleasant on port day.

Honestly, there were many more drunk people on our 7-day Celebrity cruise last summer (all those people having to drink the seven drinks or more a day to justify their drink package so they walked around with alcohol starting first thing in the morning) than we saw on the little short cruise. And many more kids.

By comparison, we also did a three-day weekend cruise last year on Royal Caribbean. Now that was a booze fest with tons of kids. But the bachelor/bachelorette parties were the worst. The difference between the Celebrity and RCCL short cruises was night and day.

We did the 2 day on Silhouette, out of Ft Lauderdale, last year and yes it was different than your normal cruise but a good option if you live close.  The first night we did see many overly intoxicated individuals, along with a bachelorette group a few cabins down from us having a grand time.  The second night seemed to be a bit more sedate, guess they were still recovering from night 1.  For our cruise the beverage packages were full price and none were included in the fare but many did purchase.  The entertainment was all special acts, none on the regular production shows.  We were in concierge and are elite, the only perk we used wax lunch the first day, no wine in cabin, etc.  Would I do it again, absolutely but only if I lived close or was extending another cruise.

Edited by akcruz