Cruise Critic Community
mrsldavis

Edge Suite Guarantee

We trying to decide between choosing a sky suite vs. suite guarantee on the Celebrity Edge.  Are there suites in bad locations what we may be assigned by going with the suite guarantee?  

Also any issues with the sky suites on the path of the magic carpet?  

Thanks in advance for the input.

45 minutes ago, mrsldavis said:

We trying to decide between choosing a sky suite vs. suite guarantee on the Celebrity Edge.  Are there suites in bad locations what we may be assigned by going with the suite guarantee?  

Also any issues with the sky suites on the path of the magic carpet?  

Thanks in advance for the input.

Check this out.

I'm guessing a Suite Guarantee will "win" you a S3 cabin.   Most of the S3's have obstructed views and the celebrity site now shows the percentage obstructed.   From what I recall many of the S3 are in the path of the Magic Carpet.

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm guessing a Suite Guarantee will "win" you a S3 cabin.   Most of the S3's have obstructed views and the celebrity site now shows the percentage obstructed.   From what I recall many of the S3 are in the path of the Magic Carpet.

Where do you find the percentage obstructed on Celebrity’s site?  I searched and got nothing🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I thought I had seen while booking but late found that where I found it was on the booking confirmation.    I have attached a Celebrity PDF of the obstructed cabins on Edge, which is pretty helpful.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

image.png.1d55b01472dd14fe717bb25a56c09dfd.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks!  We bit and booked a Suite Guarantee.  Just got assigned 6190 which is probably the worst suite on the ship.  But then again, can you really have a bad suite on a cruise?  I would lose $475 OBC to switch to a S2, so we are staying.

You can call in and request they change you to any other S3 that is available once your cabin has been assigned.   I've done it a number of times.  If booked with an agent you need to call your agent to change rooms within the same classification.

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, kldt said:

Thanks!  We bit and booked a Suite Guarantee.  Just got assigned 6190 which is probably the worst suite on the ship.  But then again, can you really have a bad suite on a cruise?  I would lose $475 OBC to switch to a S2, so we are staying.

I've been in 6190 and was a bit concerned before I sailed however once we got on board, we loved the room.  The first time the magic carpet goes up was fantastic to watch and as there is no-one on it at the time of it moving, you aren't inconvenienced.  The room is in a great location and I loved that I could sit out on my balcony and listen to the music coming up from the magic carpet when there were singers performing.  It's not as bad as you think it is going to be....

Edited by Lotus Girl

Just received my guarantee assignment.... 3/22 cruise..... deck 10 S2 .... port side... satisfied

Edited by SVBing

We are booked in an S3 in February on Edge.  I specifically wanted an S3 because of the larger balcony vs S1 or S2.  The magic carpet is a non issue.